MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the color of the wheels ya painted. Lets see them on yo car now!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
SuperCleanG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used that exact same paint to paint my OEM's. I used the deck of cards, that works really good.
Attached Thumbnails New Mods?? Show it off &gt;&gt;HERE&lt;&lt;-paint4.jpg   New Mods?? Show it off &gt;&gt;HERE&lt;&lt;-paint3.jpg   New Mods?? Show it off &gt;&gt;HERE&lt;&lt;-paint2.jpg   New Mods?? Show it off &gt;&gt;HERE&lt;&lt;-paint.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 02:13 PM
SuperCleanG

I miss the way the car drove on those rims! It would just take off
Old 03-13-2012, 03:57 PM
kkemmerich

Originally Posted by Songle6MT
Meh I should have spent a little more time prepping them but meh. They look ok except for a couple places...
What prep work did you do? I repainted my Rays last summer because they were rashed really bad and I sanded them down, put on a couple layers of primer, and three or four layers of duplicolor silver and they are peeling already... I wish I would have just left them rashed after seeing how they look a year afterwards haha.

I looked into a local powder-coating shop and they want $85/wheel for an oem-like metallic-silver finish or $55/wheel for just a plain silver. For that price I might as well sell mine for cheap and buy new ones in the market with the money I saved getting them powder-coated.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
SuperCleanG

DIY Wheel Repair - G35Driver
Old 03-14-2012, 12:39 PM
kkemmerich

Originally Posted by SuperCleanG
I followed an almost identical guide when I did mine that was posted on maxima.org. The only difference is I used bondo and sanded down the entire wheel because in my paint experience if you don't rough up the surface it won't stick? Either way, mine are flaking around the lug holes where it was very difficult to sand and is pretty much the same surface he painted onto... Hopefully he doesn't see similar results.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by kkemmerich
I followed an almost identical guide when I did mine that was posted on maxima.org. The only difference is I used bondo and sanded down the entire wheel because in my paint experience if you don't rough up the surface it won't stick? Either way, mine are flaking around the lug holes where it was very difficult to sand and is pretty much the same surface he painted onto... Hopefully he doesn't see similar results.
This isn't true. The reason why the paint won't stick is because the surface you painted must have had something on it, such as grease or dirt.

BONDO will definitely crack on anything that moves and vibrates as much as a wheel does.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:08 PM
kkemmerich

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
This isn't true. The reason why the paint won't stick is because the surface you painted must have had something on it, such as grease or dirt.

BONDO will definitely crack on anything that moves and vibrates as much as a wheel does.
That's odd... The bondo is holding up just fine and I spent a lot of time cleaning the surface of the wheels. I guess you can never be too careful.
That does make sense that it is flaking around the lug nut holes though since that was a difficult place to clean.

Last edited by kkemmerich; 03-14-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
here's the stance on the sedan after the wheel alignment today, as well as the specs!!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
^^^ Looks much better Dawn. Glad you got that worked out. might be time for a front camber kit
Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by soolman32
^^^ Looks much better Dawn. Glad you got that worked out. might be time for a front camber kit
man...that's what peng said too!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DGGal
man...that's what peng said too!
Looks great Dawn! I'm a little nervous for mine too But we will see, I think I will try to talk to Andrew about stopping over this Sunday to get those camber kits put in so I can finally get an alignment. I think I might lower the front just a bit more yet before I get it done, I'm just hesitant to hold off a bit since I don't wanna get an alignment done and then realize later I want to change my height or stance
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Good Morning fellas! Greetings from SoFlo Dawn you should really consider investing in the front camber kit, It will help out a ton not only saving your tire life but will make your wheels look more flush. i noticed now that i don't have my front SPC camber arms my camber went from -1.7 to -2.9 and now my front offset dont look like a +20 LOL! gonna reinstall it here pretty soon.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good Dawn!!! A front camer kit prob wouldn't be a bad idea ha
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
Looks great Dawn! I'm a little nervous for mine too But we will see, I think I will try to talk to Andrew about stopping over this Sunday to get those camber kits put in so I can finally get an alignment. I think I might lower the front just a bit more yet before I get it done, I'm just hesitant to hold off a bit since I don't wanna get an alignment done and then realize later I want to change my height or stance
yeah i'm hoping with my summer wheels and tires that i don't have to realign anything...but we shall see

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Good Morning fellas! Greetings from SoFlo Dawn you should really consider investing in the front camber kit, It will help out a ton not only saving your tire life but will make your wheels look more flush. i noticed now that i don't have my front SPC camber arms my camber went from -1.7 to -2.9 and now my front offset dont look like a +20 LOL! gonna reinstall it here pretty soon.
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Looks good Dawn!!! A front camer kit prob wouldn't be a bad idea ha
yeah i guess so..., i was hoping i wouldn't have to haha.

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<