MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
SuperCleanG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
Alrighty folks. I thought I would throw up a before and semi premature after pic LOL (albeit not my car)

Before:

After:

Gonna look sick!

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Car is being dropped off on the 24th for the trunk to be painted I f'n love my body guy. Takes great care of me. Is having me come in on a Saturday morning to make sure the car doesn't have to sit outside at all, will be driven right into the shop to be worked on first thing on Monday and be picked up either Monday night or Tuesday~ Not to mention, he was literally HALF of what a local shop (HEPPNERS) quoted me...
Props for making this happen!

Originally Posted by TomPeters
Just threw down my 50% deposit on some Forgestar F14's. Getting them in in the brushed titanium finish from B2autodesigns. Specs:

F: 20x9 +25
R: 20x10 +35

Gonna wrap them in Yoko S.drives I think. Going with 245/35 up front and 275/30 in the back. I spent a lot of time investigating offsets / width combos for the sedans so I think it should look perfect. Should be here in 6-8 weeks!!!!
Those forgestars are official
Old 03-10-2012, 09:50 AM
SuperCleanG

Thinking of ordering the motordyne XYZ straight pipe or some new slotted/ drilled rotors and some pads today.... I definately know the brake upgrade will look good with the rims and caliper powder coating
Old 03-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperCleanG
Thinking of ordering the motordyne XYZ straight pipe or some new slotted/ drilled rotors and some pads today.... I definately know the brake upgrade will look good with the rims and caliper powder coating
I wish I would have looked into the motordyne y pipe set up more. I probably would have gone with that. Are you getting new exhaust or leaving on what you had last year?

Slotted rotors would be a good choice too. I'll have some before May
Old 03-10-2012, 03:12 PM
SuperCleanG

Originally Posted by Songle6MT
I wish I would have looked into the motordyne y pipe set up more. I probably would have gone with that. Are you getting new exhaust or leaving on what you had last year?

Slotted rotors would be a good choice too. I'll have some before May
The rims really killed my budget so I decided I will just rework my current exhaust set-up. Since I have not done any major engine mods I prefer the single exhaust over the true dual since that's what the current engine setup is designed for. I ordered some oem cats to replace my berk HFC's and I will switch out the y pipe with the Motordyne xyz pipe and leave the rest of the Ark exhaust depending on if their is damage to the mid pipe. I think there may be I hit the speed bump one night last year in my subdivision pretty hard and I think it hit the mid pipe.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Songle6MT

The rims really killed my budget so I decided I will just rework my current exhaust set-up. Since I have not done any major engine mods I prefer the single exhaust over the true dual since that's what the current engine setup is designed for. I ordered some oem cats to replace my berk HFC's and I will switch out the y pipe with the Motordyne xyz pipe and leave the rest of the Ark exhaust depending on if their is damage to the mid pipe. I think there may be I hit the speed bump one night last year in my subdivision pretty hard and I think it hit the mid pipe.
Yeah I can see the wheels destroying your budget a little bit Did you receive them yet?

I think taking the HFC off will definitely help. I have been seriously contemplating putting my OEM cats back on it to quiet mine down a little and get rid of the rasp. I love how loud it is 99% of the time but the rasp just doesn't appeal to me. I just don't want to lose the power :/

I would think you could just get a section fixed in the mid if that's what happened. Shouldn't be too bad? You should get the XYZ asap and let me know how it is lol. I am curious if that would help my rasp issue which I sure it would. I just can't justify spending as much for the y pipe as i did for the y back.

Pics of my detailing "mod" that came in yesterday. Not quite as substantial as Dan's pile but it will do the job for a while.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:22 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Andrew....WORK wheels are all custom made in japan...w a estimated time of 4-5 months
Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 AM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Andrew....WORK wheels are all custom made in japan...w a estimated time of 4-5 months
Oh.....Right. I did not know that.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:40 AM
SuperCleanG

Once I get the car up in the air I will check out the damage.. actually gonna have the OEM cats put on and check it then to see if there is any damage.

Actually thinking of just getting a nice indash multimedia unit instead of the XYZ so that I will have my tunes right for the long ride in May. I want to do something custom in my trunk

I am getting the wheels by May 1 with an extra air ship charge to make sure i have them for NC and MIA.... just debating if I want V12's again.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ Nicely done Andrew!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
kkemmerich

This warm weather made me ambitious and I simply could not wait for the potential suspension installation day haha. So I just installed Z/G springs and clear corners. Pictures coming after I give it a quick wash this afternoon.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
SuperCleanG

It is redonkulous outside!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

It sure is!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Well, this is how it looks after driving home today and doing a loop around Roch

Last edited by Alpha Ice; 03-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:44 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeeeeaaah!!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Songle6MT

Once I get the car up in the air I will check out the damage.. actually gonna have the OEM cats put on and check it then to see if there is any damage.

Actually thinking of just getting a nice indash multimedia unit instead of the XYZ so that I will have my tunes right for the long ride in May. I want to do something custom in my trunk

I am getting the wheels by May 1 with an extra air ship charge to make sure i have them for NC and MIA.... just debating if I want V12's again.
Yeah Ipod integration is definitely needed for the long drive. I need to figure out what I can do. I'm thinking just wiring that PAC unit into the stock headunit.

Did you not like the V12's? What else are you considering?

Originally Posted by kkemmerich
This warm weather made me ambitious and I simply could not wait for the potential suspension installation day haha. So I just installed Z/G springs and clear corners. Pictures coming after I give it a quick wash this afternoon.
I probably would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes lol. Already saw pics on FB but post them up here!

It better stay like this, that's all I have to say.

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
Well, this is how it looks after driving home today and doing a loop around Roch

Car looks awesome Mike!

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<