MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Already figuring out what wheels the government will be purchasing, nicely done!!! And if you haven't been taking that credit for the last two years you will have $3k in refunds coming your way assuming you don't have taxes due!!
Yeap, I have been on a hunt for wheels the last couple of days. This would definitely ease the purchase lol. I would probably buy new wheels then that aren't OEM or TSW's or something like that.

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Does this count if you took a loan? My loan is under my name not my parents. And I dont believe I am filing with my parents, but I am still considered a 'dependent' of them, and their AGI is more than that.
Unfortunately after reading through the link I don't think you would qualify unfortunately Unless there is a loophole with the loan part of it.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:44 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Right you would be considered a dependent. This credit doesn't have many restrictions on it. I would say most students qualify for it, like I said the only part that disqualifies them is if they are claimed as a dependent and parents have over $180k in AGI (Adjusted Gross Income). It is probably one of the most beneficial tax credits out there.
And don't think it is too good to be true, GE pays ZERO US Federal Taxes and they made over $10 Billion in profits last year...
Old 02-01-2012, 01:50 PM
MN-G-Fever

Does this count if you took a loan? My loan is under my name not my parents. And I dont believe I am filing with my parents, but I am still considered a 'dependent' of them, and their AGI is more than that.
You can still take it even if you took out a loan, as long as it wasn't a tax free loan (which most are not), but you should look into filing seperately so you can take all these student credits while in college
Old 02-01-2012, 02:02 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Right you would be considered a dependent. This credit doesn't have many restrictions on it. I would say most students qualify for it, like I said the only part that disqualifies them is if they are claimed as a dependent and parents have over $180k in AGI (Adjusted Gross Income). It is probably one of the most beneficial tax credits out there.
And don't think it is too good to be true, GE pays ZERO US Federal Taxes and they made over $10 Billion in profits last year...
You can still take it even if you took out a loan, as long as it wasn't a tax free loan (which most are not), but you should look into filing seperately so you can take all these student credits while in college
Well i AM claimed as a dependent, and my parents make more than 180k AGI. (They both get raped come tax time) so, im not sure i'll qualify.

I will file separately though, and see what all I can get for being a student. I have 9k in student loans that are taxable in my name, so that should count for something lol.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:08 PM
MN-G-Fever

Well i AM claimed as a dependent, and my parents make more than 180k AGI. (They both get raped come tax time) so, im not sure i'll qualify.

I will file separately though, and see what all I can get for being a student. I have 9k in student loans that are taxable in my name, so that should count for something lol.
So file your own return and collect that $1,000 refund from Uncle Sam!! Cuz right now you are losing out in about $1,000 a year if you don't owe taxes . Idk how amending a return and choosing a different filing status would work but I am sure you can do it. Id have to check it out after work, since I need to go do other tax shiiiiz now ha.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Even as a dependent I can get $1000? Or do I need to change my status? I do NOT understand all this **** lol. Im going to need to have Andrew explain it all.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Songle6MT

So file your own return and collect that $1,000 refund from Uncle Sam!! Cuz right now you are losing out in about $1,000 a year if you don't owe taxes . Idk how amending a return and choosing a different filing status would work but I am sure you can do it. Id have to check it out after work, since I need to go do other tax shiiiiz now ha.
Well I will try my hardest for getting this return... Thanks for bringing it up! If I end up getting a big chunk of change for this I might have to buy you a big juicy steak or something in FL.

Even as a dependent I can get $1000? Or do I need to change my status? I do NOT understand all this **** lol. Im going to need to have Andrew explain it all.
It sounds like to me through reading all the info that if you ARE a dependent and IF your parents make over 180k AGI then you DO NOT qualify. However, If you ARE a dependent and parents make less than 180k AGI then you DO qualify. That is how I understand what is said throughout that. So therefore you would not qualify unless you filed separately as a non-dependent on your parents forms....

But we should probably move this over to the chat thread before LANCE hunts are a**es down
Old 02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
thanks for being on it Andrew^^

ohhhhhh no....tax talk at home from the wife...and now on the forums....
Old 02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
MN-G-Fever

Hey this tax savings is very relevant to the Mod thread
Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Hey this tax savings is very relevant to the Mod thread
LOL...kinda...nice try
Old 02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
guys guys... I don't see any mods being added here... Start posting mods or I'll have to start moving all this filler talk beyond this point
Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by NEUMAN651
Should be a lot of new posts on this thread within the next month with the "government bonuses" coming in ha
I'm just hoping I don't have to pay in again....Already started deducting an extra 100 bucks from each paycheck at work. KILLING me
Old 02-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Sooooo, I'm finally posting a nice shot of my tinted tails and roof spoiler. Just got my car super cleaned at work and will be sure to keep it home from now on

Here is my new OB diffuser! I'm not sure if the paint 100% matched, but it looks pretty good, it doesn't help I have a huge flood light on it for the time being. Forgive me for having a dirty rear bumper. I'm not sure where my supplies are to clean it and I couldn't find my quick detailer

Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
^^^ I like!! Thanks for getting this thread back on track
Old 02-02-2012, 10:06 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Diffusor looks great Mike!

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<