Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:28 PM
TomPeters
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Yep still waiting impatiently for my hand to heal to install anything

We shall see. Im going to sand them down and paint the piping flat black
Flat black will look nice.... I was contemplating wrapping mine in header wrap as I'm not a big fan of the chrome either. I did notice on long drives the pipes get very hot especially near the throttle bodies. I think there's paint that radiates heat, might want to check that out.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Im a fan of the black nickel coating on my R2C intakes! I'm curious to your setup with the stillens Lance. Hoping we are pretty even with a tune lol
Old 01-31-2012, 03:43 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by TomPeters
Flat black will look nice.... I was contemplating wrapping mine in header wrap as I'm not a big fan of the chrome either. I did notice on long drives the pipes get very hot especially near the throttle bodies. I think there's paint that radiates heat, might want to check that out.
Yep, I have high heat paint that I actually used on my garage heater. Was a nasty peachish color before I painted the whole thing. I'll be using that, and then 2 coats of clear. Going for a very clean almost stock look.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:12 AM
NEUMAN651

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be a lot of new posts on this thread within the next month with the "government bonuses" coming in ha
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM
mysticmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NEUMAN651
Should be a lot of new posts on this thread within the next month with the "government bonuses" coming in ha
I wish...I'm self employed and have to pay in
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm just waiting to get home and get my taxes filed!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is my last year of the Educational credits since I'm done with school at the moment. Those credits are da shiiiiiiz, I will miss that $2,500 credit (up to $1,000 refundable). So for all u in school, make sure u take that credit! It stills works even with student loans
Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
This is my last year of the Educational credits since I'm done with school at the moment. Those credits are da shiiiiiiz, I will miss that $2,500 credit (up to $1,000 refundable). So for all u in school, make sure u take that credit! It stills works even with student loans
i wish we could get all our interest back for student loans lol...for us one student loan already met the limit...the other 2 didn't even count!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Songle6MT

What are the restrictions on that? I haven't taken or filed for educations credits the last two years. Hopefully I haven't been missing out
Old 02-01-2012, 01:11 PM
WannabeSport

I'll def look into that! I have loans out right now for school.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM
MN-G-Fever

The credit is for any education related expenses you have paid (i.e. tuition, books, supplies) for 100% of the first $2,000 of expenses and then 25% of the next $2,000 of expenses. So if you had more than $4k of tuition you can claim the full $2,500 credit. If you are still filing with your parents though it will not apply with if they have AGI over $180k.

And if you do not have any taxes to pay, they will refund you $1,000 of that credit. Here is a link to the credit if that doesn't make sense: American Opportunity Tax Credit: Questions and Answers

Andrew, you can always ammend within 3 years after the filing date, so if this applies the last two years you can apply it to those returns. You need to check out the 1040X to ammend a return. So you may just end up with an extra $2k in your pocket and I think we all know where that would be going towards
Old 02-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Songle6MT

1k would definitely help me get some baller wheels

Then I could start looking into volks and shtuff, or maybe buy me some new Vossen CV2/CV3's and see how they would look on a 1st gen sedan
Old 02-01-2012, 01:34 PM
MN-G-Fever

Already figuring out what wheels the government will be purchasing, nicely done!!! And if you haven't been taking that credit for the last two years you will have $3k in refunds coming your way assuming you don't have taxes due!!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
WannabeSport

The credit is for any education related expenses you have paid (i.e. tuition, books, supplies) for 100% of the first $2,000 of expenses and then 25% of the next $2,000 of expenses. So if you had more than $4k of tuition you can claim the full $2,500 credit. If you are still filing with your parents though it will not apply with if they have AGI over $180k.

And if you do not have any taxes to pay, they will refund you $1,000 of that credit. Here is a link to the credit if that doesn't make sense: American Opportunity Tax Credit: Questions and Answers

Andrew, you can always ammend within 3 years after the filing date, so if this applies the last two years you can apply it to those returns. You need to check out the 1040X to ammend a return. So you may just end up with an extra $2k in your pocket and I think we all know where that would be going towards
Does this count if you took a loan? My loan is under my name not my parents. And I dont believe I am filing with my parents, but I am still considered a 'dependent' of them, and their AGI is more than that.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Songle6MT

Just read through it all.... It sounds like I should qualify. As for filing "with my parent" I assume by that you mean they claim me as a dependent?

It sounds like I should get this but It's probably too good to be true so I will see this weekend.

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<