MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:01 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I am like, fairly positive the first gens are just louder as a whole then the 2nd gens... I put just a muffler on my 05 and it was loud. I put just a muffler on my 08 and its like, no louder... I put a catback on my 05, and its louder. I put a catback on the 08 and it is as loud as the 05 was with just a muffler.

Andrew puts a y pipe back on his car with some HFCs and its rattling houses!! What gives!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
I am like, fairly positive the first gens are just louder as a whole then the 2nd gens... I put just a muffler on my 05 and it was loud. I put just a muffler on my 08 and its like, no louder... I put a catback on my 05, and its louder. I put a catback on the 08 and it is as loud as the 05 was with just a muffler.

Andrew puts a y pipe back on his car with some HFCs and its rattling houses!! What gives!
I told you I was going to make my car loud, just wait until I put the y-pipe on

You should have just bought louder exhaust
Old 01-19-2012, 01:27 AM
WannabeSport

Lol you find me a louder exhaust for this car...
Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 AM
mysticmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You want loud? Just pull the exhaust off
Old 01-19-2012, 02:16 AM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by mysticmotion
You want loud? Just pull the exhaust off
We may or may not have started my car for a brief moment without exhaust....it was horrible lol. LOUD, but horrible
Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts

LMAO...Janik, you're pulling this out of no where right here my friend.

2nd Gens, a LOT of the exhausts have resonator choices, even my HFCs I paid to have resonators put on them. This is to have a more refined tune/sound.

Peng said it perfectly, it has noooothing to do w/ the generation, but the R&D put into the exhausts and what you prefer. Tevi has had an axelback up until now he's getting his HKS, and that b*tch was prrrrrrrrrrrretty loud, and that's not even with HFCs.

If you want something super loud and a lot of drone, then go for it. How LOUD your exhaust is definitely should not be how its described rather then how mean and throaty, non droney & raspy it is.

Mike def had the loudest exhaust on his car...but he'll be the first to admit, it def didn't make it the best sounding.....and quite frankly it was he//a annoying at times!!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
p-51ss
Minnesota G owners

If you really want a throaty, deep, great sounding exhaust, you will have to get the 2 cylinder add on kit. If you find it, let me know, I've been looking for one for about 9 years now.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:01 AM
mysticmotion

I was doing some searching around yesterday and really like how the Motordyne ART pipes sound on the G (replaces cats). They look pretty nice too. I'll post pics and a clip on the chat thread.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by mysticmotion
I was doing some searching around yesterday and really like how the Motordyne ART pipes sound on the G (replaces cats). They look pretty nice too. I'll post pics and a clip on the chat thread.
Yeah, they are very well known to have a "hissing" sound though...
Old 01-19-2012, 12:59 PM
WannabeSport

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
LMAO...Janik, you're pulling this out of no where right here my friend.

2nd Gens, a LOT of the exhausts have resonator choices, even my HFCs I paid to have resonators put on them. This is to have a more refined tune/sound.

Peng said it perfectly, it has noooothing to do w/ the generation, but the R&D put into the exhausts and what you prefer. Tevi has had an axelback up until now he's getting his HKS, and that b*tch was prrrrrrrrrrrretty loud, and that's not even with HFCs.

If you want something super loud and a lot of drone, then go for it. How LOUD your exhaust is definitely should not be how its described rather then how mean and throaty, non droney & raspy it is.

Mike def had the loudest exhaust on his car...but he'll be the first to admit, it def didn't make it the best sounding.....and quite frankly it was he//a annoying at times!!
By loud, thats what I mean lol. Deep sounding. I hate raspy exhausts just as much as the next guy lol. But I'd also like it to be audible.

I loved the way my 05 sounded, and that was just a bunch of mismatched OEM parts and an axleback..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkvo...el_video_title
Old 01-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Songle6MT

Janik-

Your exhaust is audible. I can hear you leave when i'm inside the house. I'll tell you what. We will take a video of the invidia and see what it sounds like on the computer. I bet you it is as loud or almost as loud as the set up you had on your 05
Old 01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
WannabeSport

Ok, this weekend we are making exhaust videos out on old 81 of both our cars. Deal? lol
Old 01-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

I will be frankly honest, I am completely in love with the sound of my car inside and out. It's the perfect sound IMO of a quiet and refined sound when your driving down the highway, yet when I get on it you can easily hear it from a block or two away. I absolutely love that it's quiet when I want it to be and roars when I expect it to. Even Shannan was commenting how it sounded, and I thought it was pretty hawt that she was wanting me to gun it cuz it gave her a rush when I was accelerating onto an on ramp....up to 4k. I was givin her **** cuz I was in 3rd gear. I was telling her to wait until summer time when I have traction and I can redline the first 3 gears....then we will see how its supposed to be
Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 PM
WannabeSport

Mike how much were your berk HFCs?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Mike how much were your berk HFCs?
I bought them new I believe for 550ish. I loved the sound of them on my first gen and with the stillen exhaust/invidia they sounded the best. I still need to get a video clip up but of course that won't happen for quite awhile. Did you take it for a drive or get to hear it when I drove it up last time for Sushi?

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<