MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

*** MAY 2012 FLORIDA Road Trip Event - ZDAYZ(NC)- Miami,FL - Vossen/Autokits ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 AM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
naw dont go to tootsies scarlets is better
Old 05-10-2012, 09:01 AM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn u guys are having a good time with this. If Gilbert can get ladies to buy US drinks I may have to hit a gay bar, didn't think I'd ever be saying that hahahaha
Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Just so you guys know, I'm putting together itineraries for everyone, maps of Fontana village, and a plan for the week of FL. Sounds like there are some that have their own plans a few days, but some days it'd be nice to do things together as well.

Notables so far include:
-Monday sitting by the pool all day(Diego will be working)
-Tuning on Tuesday in FL
-Wednesday - KEY WEST
-Thursday Diego is requesting off to show us around and go to south beach
-Friday we have the Vossen meet, and they ususally have a drag event that night.
Originally Posted by GET_SOME
if you guys want i have wensday thursday and friday off and if you all wanted to as i see you have wensday free id be more than happy to guide you guys to key west for the photo shoot you guys wanted to do
-also thursday after the beaches we have our local weekly meet where we gather with about 2 dozen food trucks if you guys are intrested
Thanks man, appreciate this ^^

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Food truck invasion is another great way to spend thursday night as we can all gather before the Friday event. You guys will love the food there plus its a nice drive down south to this meet. Also we can all head to Key Biscayne sfter so you guys all see the nice view of Downtown Miami...

Damn i can only imagine craxy it will look having even more Gs owning the streets of Miami!
You know it man, we're going to have SO MANY black G's too!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
You guys just beware of our friend Gilbert he is more excited more guys are coming which scares me LOL! Hes gonna love your friend thats coming LANCE, we will drop them off at Twist!!!
Yeah yeah, you warned me like 5x on the phone yesterday...lol

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Sounds like Gilbert and Janik may be hitting up some clubs together . Damn I cant wait for this trip... The G is all ready for it - DAAAAAMN GIIIIINNNNNNAAAA!
hey, that's my saying d|ck....LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Lookin' good Dan the man. I'll hit you up about our convo last night for food, going shopping this weekend, maybe if we wanted to do that we should get together and go together? Its mothers day on Sunday so I'm already booked that day. Sunday night I'm getting the G all packed up, and then Monday night I'll be taping up my front bumper.

ITS HERE GUYS, WHETHER YOU'RE READY OR NOT!!!! So get you're sh*t together, get your bags packed, and loaded up!!!!!!!

Again, PLEASE be to my place by 5:00PM SHARP. I will be off work around 3:30 so easily be there by four waiting for you guys to arrive. The sooner we hit the road the better to get to Chicago and to bed. Day #2 consists of a 12 hour drive to Knoxville.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Im getting my windows retinted hopefully monday lol, MAYBE Saturday if I can get tint pros to do me the favor lol.

Otherwise, G is getting a good buff, few coats of wax, some sealant, and overall just shined up. I am SO excited to get my own car clean.

Then Tuesday i'll show up to Lance's place probably before 4 lol.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM
MN-G-Fever

Lance I am hoping I can leave work early, still waiting on client info and I need to get some estimates out for this client that pays in a few million each quarter, he is the definition of baller. So once I get that done I am free to leave Tuesday afternoon!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Im getting my windows retinted hopefully monday lol, MAYBE Saturday if I can get tint pros to do me the favor lol.

Otherwise, G is getting a good buff, few coats of wax, some sealant, and overall just shined up. I am SO excited to get my own car clean.

Then Tuesday i'll show up to Lance's place probably before 4 lol.
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Lance I am hoping I can leave work early, still waiting on client info and I need to get some estimates out for this client that pays in a few million each quarter, he is the definition of baller. So once I get that done I am free to leave Tuesday afternoon!!!

Sounds good. I'm off at 3:30 so I will easily be home by 4. We should try and get on the road asap to get down to chicaaaaaaago
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Weather is looking great guys, mid 80's and rain chances are under 30%.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM
MN-G-Fever

Hopefully it stays that way!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 PM
cgendron
Minnesota G owners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just reading through some of this thread. Looks like a pretty fun event, but man that is a pretty aggressive driving schedule. You guys are nuts! That first night you won't roll into Chicago until Midnight. Probably won't get to sleep until 2am, then you are going to drive 12 hours the next day??

I hope you guys can make it down there and back without incident. I'd make sure your spare tires are properly inflated. Make sure you'd have all the tools needed to do a tire change on the side of the road. Especially since a lot of you have aftermarket wheels with lug nuts that probably aren't the same as the stock ones.

For long trips, I also make sure I have a tire inflater, and other basic tools for working on cars. You guys are taking 8 cars on a 3000 mile trip. There is a reasonable chance someone is going to get a flat. I hope you guys don't, but at least be prepared for it.

I'll be in Wisconsin Dells on Tuesday night when you guys are driving though. I'll be getting ready for the Upper Midwest 3/S Gathering. I'm guessing you guys don't want to make any unneeded stops, otherwise I could meet you at one of the exits for the Dells. I think Mike is meeting you in Tomah, so that is only about 40 miles from the Dells, so you wouldn't want to make two stops. Unless Mike wants to meet you in Wisconsin Dells. Wisconsin Dells is a nice halfway stop between Minneapolis and Chicago.

later,
Curt
Old 05-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My aunt lives a half hour north of Chicago, so it will be easy to get there around 11 or so depending how we drdrive. I figure a 5 1/2 hour drive from Rochester
Old 05-11-2012, 12:38 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by cgendron
I was just reading through some of this thread. Looks like a pretty fun event, but man that is a pretty aggressive driving schedule. You guys are nuts! That first night you won't roll into Chicago until Midnight. Probably won't get to sleep until 2am, then you are going to drive 12 hours the next day??

I hope you guys can make it down there and back without incident. I'd make sure your spare tires are properly inflated. Make sure you'd have all the tools needed to do a tire change on the side of the road. Especially since a lot of you have aftermarket wheels with lug nuts that probably aren't the same as the stock ones.

For long trips, I also make sure I have a tire inflater, and other basic tools for working on cars. You guys are taking 8 cars on a 3000 mile trip. There is a reasonable chance someone is going to get a flat. I hope you guys don't, but at least be prepared for it.

I'll be in Wisconsin Dells on Tuesday night when you guys are driving though. I'll be getting ready for the Upper Midwest 3/S Gathering. I'm guessing you guys don't want to make any unneeded stops, otherwise I could meet you at one of the exits for the Dells. I think Mike is meeting you in Tomah, so that is only about 40 miles from the Dells, so you wouldn't want to make two stops. Unless Mike wants to meet you in Wisconsin Dells. Wisconsin Dells is a nice halfway stop between Minneapolis and Chicago.

later,
Curt

Yeah, we're all over all of this Curt. We're actually bringing a few front wheels for full size spares, just in case we do run into any issues. Better to be safe then sorry.

As for stopping, no, there's just no way we can. We were originally going to wing it and drive from the cities down to knoxville all on Wednesday, but glad we got away from that. The goal will be to get down to chicago, get to sleep asap to be able to be on the road right away wednesday morning.

Its Automotion down in the dells right? I remember you and I spoke about this last fall about how you put on that event every year, and how we probably met when we had our "j-body" midwest event there every year as well. Good times and memories for sure...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 PM
MN-G-Fever

I think our ride down is split up pretty well, driving from Chicago to Knoxville will be less than 9 hours and we get to go through a few bigger cities which will make it more enjoyable. It will be the ride home thats going to SUCK A$$
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 PM
cgendron
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
My aunt lives a half hour north of Chicago, so it will be easy to get there around 11 or so depending how we drdrive. I figure a 5 1/2 hour drive from Rochester
What time are you guys planning on leaving from your Aunts house the next morning? And will you be driving though Chicago during the Wednesday morning rush hour? Chicago is in the top five worst traffic areas in the country. Even during non rush hour times I avoid Chicago like the plague when traveling in that area. LOL

Sounds like you guys have your spare tire thing covered pretty good. I assume you guys will all have FRS radios to help pass the time?

later,
Curt
Old 05-11-2012, 01:05 PM
mysticmotion

Originally Posted by cgendron

later,
Curt

Good looking out Curt! And that's actually a decent idea...maybe we can meet Mike in the Dells with Curt and maybe just do a quick bite there or something? Sounds like a great way to break the trip to Chicago.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:10 PM
cgendron
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by mysticmotion
Good looking out Curt! And that's actually a decent idea...maybe we can meet Mike in the Dells with Curt and maybe just do a quick bite there or something? Sounds like a great way to break the trip to Chicago.
No problem. I take at least a couple of big trips every year, and I've had my fair share of unpleasant experiences along the way. All you can do is try and be prepared for it.

If Mike wants to meet in the Dells instead of Tomah, that would be fine with me. But I don't mind if you guys want to stick with your current plan. My feelings won't be hurt. I'm cool with it either way.

later,
Curt

Quick Reply: *** MAY 2012 FLORIDA Road Trip Event - ZDAYZ(NC)- Miami,FL - Vossen/Autokits ***