MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

*** MAY 2012 FLORIDA Road Trip Event - ZDAYZ(NC)- Miami,FL - Vossen/Autokits ***

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Songle6MT
Just registered.
nice, I see it! Its funny because you look through the states, and ours will be allllllllllllllllll G's. LOVE IT!!!!!!

I know Dave is still considering it and a few of the Z guys. They were looking at hotel rooms and such.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All G's will be legit!

I registered in the "Wild" class because I think I have/will have at least 10 "visual" modifications by then.

I didn't add any additional modifications in the box though, so I hope that doesn't matter.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:25 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I registered as mild. So we will see.... lol
Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still waiting for my confirmation email....I might have to send it again in order for them to get me what I need.....
Old 01-19-2012, 03:40 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I'm still waiting for my confirmation email....I might have to send it again in order for them to get me what I need.....
Mike, your already on the website, what other confirmation do you want?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Gville37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
awesome seeing all the Gs from MN..haha...they maybe onto yall Gs will take over Zdaqz
Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Gville37
awesome seeing all the Gs from MN..haha...they maybe onto yall Gs will take over Zdaqz
Maybe they'll change it to GdayZ after we show up
Old 01-19-2012, 08:57 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Guys, I can't wait to see all your G's in person. We need to do a G cruise on the dragon too. I've been inquiring on the best methods of communication and lyndon aka woady suggested a bullentin board post up. What do you think? Two way radios are another optoion also. So the board could have who's located where, or where and what time to meet up for an activity not on the main activities list. Verizon service is the best bet but spotty.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by cereal2k
Guys, I can't wait to see all your G's in person. We need to do a G cruise on the dragon too. I've been inquiring on the best methods of communication and lyndon aka woady suggested a bullentin board post up. What do you think? Two way radios are another optoion also. So the board could have who's located where, or where and what time to meet up for an activity not on the main activities list. Verizon service is the best bet but spotty.
Lee - I know a few of us have verizon. Most, if not all of us will all have radios as well from the drive down (since we'll have 9 guys in 9 different cars). I definitely agree w/ the board so we know where everyone is located. You would know a lot better then us where the great photo places would be, and I'd love for us to all get runs of the dragon on your guys's cameras. I know a few of us will have them on our cars too so we have some bad*ss vids to post up from the event.

Also, is there a good location for photos next to Fontana dam?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Lee - I know a few of us have verizon. Most, if not all of us will all have radios as well from the drive down (since we'll have 9 guys in 9 different cars). I definitely agree w/ the board so we know where everyone is located. You would know a lot better then us where the great photo places would be, and I'd love for us to all get runs of the dragon on your guys's cameras. I know a few of us will have them on our cars too so we have some bad*ss vids to post up from the event.

Also, is there a good location for photos next to Fontana dam?
Lance, I'll have a radio also. As for photo places, I'll have to do some additional exploring. I did not get a good chance to do that last time. I'm arriving on Wednesday so I'll see about checking out some spots.

At the end of the drive down the tail of the dragon there is a good spot, and deal's gap. I did not get to drive Cherohala Skyway, but there should be some good spots along the way Cherohala Skyway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The dam has many spots. There were also maps of trails to drive on also that were handed out last year. I went on one and I'm not sure if I have too much video but it's hit or miss for major photo stops. I think it was along highway 83 if I remember correctly. It was a good drive for some parts. There will be so much to do in so little time
Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Lance, I'll have a radio also. As for photo places, I'll have to do some additional exploring. I did not get a good chance to do that last time. I'm arriving on Wednesday so I'll see about checking out some spots.

At the end of the drive down the tail of the dragon there is a good spot, and deal's gap. I did not get to drive Cherohala Skyway, but there should be some good spots along the way Cherohala Skyway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The dam has many spots. There were also maps of trails to drive on also that were handed out last year. I went on one and I'm not sure if I have too much video but it's hit or miss for major photo stops. I think it was along highway 83 if I remember correctly. It was a good drive for some parts. There will be so much to do in so little time
I know, we'll be going non-stop for sure! We are planning to leave bright and early Wednesday morning and driving all day. We have a cabin reserved Thursday through Sunday and then will be heading down to Holleywood, FL with Diego for a week.

Do you know about timing for all of the events since you were there last year? We could plan something around those events for us to get together and do the shoots and cruises?? The scenery is unbelievable from the look so fit! Def can't wait!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:58 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
I know, we'll be going non-stop for sure! We are planning to leave bright and early Wednesday morning and driving all day. We have a cabin reserved Thursday through Sunday and then will be heading down to Holleywood, FL with Diego for a week.

Do you know about timing for all of the events since you were there last year? We could plan something around those events for us to get together and do the shoots and cruises?? The scenery is unbelievable from the look so fit! Def can't wait!
That sounds like a plan. The timing of events varies by day and year, but it's usually a full schedule.
Roughly Thursday is the drag event at an airstrip. Roughly 2.5 hr drive to that starting between 12 and 1pm. Early morning Thursday would be one opportunity to do a cruise/shoot.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:54 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

That sounds like a plan. The timing of events varies by day and year, but it's usually a full schedule.
Roughly Thursday is the drag event at an airstrip. Roughly 2.5 hr drive to that starting between 12 and 1pm. Early morning Thursday would be one opportunity to do a cruise/shoot.
Leaving early Wednesday morning, thinking 4 or 5ish, and the 18 hour drive down, I'm hoping to get 12-15 hours in on day one, and then remaining bright and early Thursday morning so we get down there for the full day of events. Who knows though, if we take our time and have a few stops, I'm pretty confident that we could make the whole trip in a day too with 9 guys on radios and cruising the whole day.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I like what I'm reading! Thank you both for working this out.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:26 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
+1. I am so excited for this. Only 4 months away!

Quick Reply: *** MAY 2012 FLORIDA Road Trip Event - ZDAYZ(NC)- Miami,FL - Vossen/Autokits ***