MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Wekfest Chicago / Midwest G Meet Pics and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:18 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
^^Look forward to meeting you Jared! Any big plans for your car before the show @ all??
Old 07-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm lookin forward to meeting you as well! I've been pretty pleased with all the people I've met through the Infiniti Community. I know some other clubs/groups haven't attracted the most responsible ppl, but we seem to have a really good crowd locally and even abroad. I have some work to do before Wekfest.....hopefully we get a lot of ppl signed up, I'd like to attend this event regularly/or hopefully have more like it spring up.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I won't be able to make it since I take one section of the CPA that week. And I need to make a few more mods to my car before showing it!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
I won't be able to make it since I take one section of the CPA that week. And I need to make a few more mods to my car before showing it!
Nooooooooo I'm doing all of mine now so I will be ready in time. It is already just one month away!!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:15 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Mike...i might have Mustang rolling down with us I'll keep you updated though
Old 07-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Mike...i might have Mustang rolling down with us I'll keep you updated though
SAAWWEEEEEETTT! Lemme know. I'm gonna have my G ready and setup by then!! I guess I won't mind being broke one more month for a bit nicer display in Chi Town
Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

From the posts on here...it seems like there's like NO activity down there for G's??
Old 07-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
^^Look forward to meeting you Jared! Any big plans for your car before the show @ all??

Haha, I always have big plans for my car, but you have to see it before you would know what plans have already come to fruition (actually, our cars are very similar from what I see in those wedding shots, We might not want to park too close at the show haha).

But since you ask, I am picking it back up from one custom body shop this week (small touch up done) and taking it into a custom performance shop next week... The big $ improvement is not going in just yet but after what is going in next week the only thing left needing to be done on my baby will be a large purchase from a three letter company that starts with a "G" (no chance before the show though, I am just hoping for this year over the winter maybe while in storage) then maybe a brake upgarde!

Looking forward to meeting you guys though as well and the show should be a lot of fun!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:44 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Haha, I always have big plans for my car, but you have to see it before you would know what plans have already come to fruition (actually, our cars are very similar from what I see in those wedding shots, We might not want to park too close at the show haha).

But since you ask, I am picking it back up from one custom body shop this week (small touch up done) and taking it into a custom performance shop next week... The big $ improvement is not going in just yet but after what is going in next week the only thing left needing to be done on my baby will be a large purchase from a three letter company that starts with a "G" (no chance before the show though, I am just hoping for this year over the winter maybe while in storage) then maybe a brake upgarde!

Looking forward to meeting you guys though as well and the show should be a lot of fun!
GTM I'm assuming? Tevi is pretty serious about boosting his G once his warrenty expires too. Unfortunately he won't be able to make it to WEKFEST.

As for the "secrets", you sound like some of us around here..."big hush hush" until we have a meet for the unveiling..haha.

Before WEKFEST, I'm basically just getting my front resprayed. Its gotten pretty tore up from some cruises we've done locally on some twisties and rocks flying everywhere.

You should definitely try and round up some troops. We should plan a meet that night or Sunday or something for a photoshoot together. I posted on g35driver to a few chi-town guys to see if they wanted to meet up as well. I checked out your thread with your "calendar" shots. Where were those taken? Would make for some SICK night shots saturday night after the show!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Yea its sad how little support there is for the Infiniti/Nissan group at least from what I'm reading on the forums lately. Kinda crappy. Hopefully that changes next week, but we will see.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
GTM I'm assuming? Tevi is pretty serious about boosting his G once his warrenty expires too. Unfortunately he won't be able to make it to WEKFEST.

As for the "secrets", you sound like some of us around here..."big hush hush" until we have a meet for the unveiling..haha.

Before WEKFEST, I'm basically just getting my front resprayed. Its gotten pretty tore up from some cruises we've done locally on some twisties and rocks flying everywhere.

You should definitely try and round up some troops. We should plan a meet that night or Sunday or something for a photoshoot together. I posted on g35driver to a few chi-town guys to see if they wanted to meet up as well. I checked out your thread with your "calendar" shots. Where were those taken? Would make for some SICK night shots saturday night after the show!

Haha yup, hush hush! Kidding as there is nothing too impressive being added so it just makes it sound more secretive and cooler! There will definitely be some Chicago guys going but mostly Z's and G35s but it should be a good turn out and they are a great group of people. The calendar shots were taken right across the street from where I work on top of a parking garage across from 600 W. Chicago Ave. so downtown, river north area. If we were all going to stop there I would hope we could maybe get a discount cause parking definitely isn't cheap. I am down for a meet somewhere though or there even if so desired. It is a great back drop of the city. I will start thinking of a few places that would be good for that though. There is a great spot that again puts the city in the background and across lake Michigan (appears to be anyway) over in the museum park but I am not sure how many cars we would be able to have hanging around there as there is no great place to park... I will keep you posted though and you do the same.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:05 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Haha yup, hush hush! Kidding as there is nothing too impressive being added so it just makes it sound more secretive and cooler! There will definitely be some Chicago guys going but mostly Z's and G35s but it should be a good turn out and they are a great group of people. The calendar shots were taken right across the street from where I work on top of a parking garage across from 600 W. Chicago Ave. so downtown, river north area. If we were all going to stop there I would hope we could maybe get a discount cause parking definitely isn't cheap. I am down for a meet somewhere though or there even if so desired. It is a great back drop of the city. I will start thinking of a few places that would be good for that though. There is a great spot that again puts the city in the background and across lake Michigan (appears to be anyway) over in the museum park but I am not sure how many cars we would be able to have hanging around there as there is no great place to park... I will keep you posted though and you do the same.

sounds like a plan...just over a month to go..
Old 07-25-2011, 01:57 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Andrew is INNNNN!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 PM
p-51ss
Minnesota G owners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to go, but that is my birthday and I have had plans for too long. I'm hoping for next year though, when the wife and I don't have 46 weddings to go to.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

List updated!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Wekfest Chicago / Midwest G Meet Pics and Discussion