MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Wekfest Chicago / Midwest G Meet Pics and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha, We both over filled our gas tanks so we were actually trying to burn gas on the way down. 5th gear at 75 on the highway will do it! But today I was hating how good of mileage I was getting. We were doin 85 the whole way on 90 and still getting 26/27 mpgs. Pretty nuts!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:13 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
Haha, We both over filled our gas tanks so we were actually trying to burn gas on the way down. 5th gear at 75 on the highway will do it! But today I was hating how good of mileage I was getting. We were doin 85 the whole way on 90 and still getting 26/27 mpgs. Pretty nuts!
That is about the only time you will be hating your MPG's! Good to know for next year goin down to Miami tho... Did you guys not put on the painters tape for the ride??!! Even after Lance's newly painted bumper
Old 08-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
That is about the only time you will be hating your MPG's! Good to know for next year goin down to Miami tho... Did you guys not put on the painters tape for the ride??!! Even after Lance's newly painted bumper
I chose not to just cuz of a lack of time and I figured sine we were getting here that much earlier we both would have time to do a full wash if we needed to. Lance washed his front and I did my whole car again....with moar wax

He was interestingly enough instructed NOT To since the paint on the front bumper was so fresh that with painters tape it could potentially peel off some of the clear coat. I think that if it was delicate stuff, which is what I bought it would have been fine, but better safe than sorry! Trev got here kinda late last night, and we are about to leave around 9 or so to burn off some extra gas and then also to make sure we get to the event in time. Needless to say I'm very excited and plan to take a ton of pictures. I will hope to have a bunch posted tonight, but worst case I will have them posted tomorrow in the event that my battery dies and I need to get a new power cable for my laptop. Have fun everyone! I'm gonna find me some models
Old 08-20-2011, 11:49 AM
mysticmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Peng, its so if there IS a combustion or some type of fire that DOES start, it will be limited.

The thing about it, wouldn't they bann Nitrous tanks then???

Ummm, okay. I guess. Car fires don't usually blow up the gas tank. And if the car is turned off, nothing is sending fuel to an engine fire. Seems like kind of an excessive caution but I guess it's better to have 1/8 tank than a full tank if your car catches fire.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Z gave way to G

[QUOTE=Alpha Ice;3211898]I chose not to just cuz of a lack of time and I figured sine we were getting here that much earlier we both would have time to do a full wash if we needed to. Lance washed his front and I did my whole car again....with moar wax

He was interestingly enough instructed NOT To since the paint on the front bumper was so fresh that with painters tape it could potentially peel off some of the clear coat. I think that if it was delicate stuff, which is what I bought it would have been fine, but better safe than sorry! Trev got here kinda late last night, and we are about to leave around 9 or so to burn off some extra gas and then also to make sure we get to the event in time. Needless to say I'm very excited and plan to take a ton of pictures. I will hope to have a bunch posted tonight, but worst case I will have them posted tomorrow in the event that my battery dies and I need to get a new power cable for my laptop. Have fun everyone! I'm gonna find me some models [/QUOTE

Good luck at the show guys, ill see you guys tomorrow. Did everyone ever figure out if we were getting together before the bbq?
Old 08-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Chi City, Jared was thinking we should get together about noon or so for some pics. Us MN guys are in for w/e
Old 08-20-2011, 07:43 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
z gave wat to g - you didnt make it to the show right? are you still pl
lanning on coming 2morrow??
Old 08-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Z gave way to G

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
Chi City, Jared was thinking we should get together about noon or so for some pics. Us MN guys are in for w/e
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
z gave wat to g - you didnt make it to the show right? are you still pl
lanning on coming 2morrow??
Cool, noon works for me. No, I didn't make it to the show, but I am planning on making it tomorrow. Is there a destination in mind for noon?
Old 08-21-2011, 01:51 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Feel free to check out a few of the photos I uploaded from tonights event. It's only about 85 of the 610 I took

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4711.215700687
Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Z gave way to G
Cool, noon works for me. No, I didn't make it to the show, but I am planning on making it tomorrow. Is there a destination in mind for noon?
destination is totally up to Jared...text him up, and he'll prob get @ us. I think we're planning on meeting close to the lake, but we might steer away from that with the air/water show going on 2day after being canceled yesterday
Old 08-21-2011, 09:10 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Mike - you can't just link your fb folder bro^^^
Old 08-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
(Repost for viewing sake)
Wekfest was a great time and it was good meeting you guys. I will text as many as I am able to but here is the plan for today. We are going to pre-meet for the BBQ downtown to get some shots with the city in it and maybe some jets as well from the air show! Details:

600 West Chicago Ave (Cross streets: Chicago Ave/Larrabee ((parking garage)))
Chicago, IL 60654
Time: 12:00 (noon)

We will get as many pics as we can and then cruise out to the BBQ in Wood Dale, IL

This is a great opportunity for some Chicago Gs to finally get together and its a beautiful day. Let us know who is coming!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Sounds good! We will roll outta here about 11. Will that be enough time?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:59 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

yeah how's traffic DT? its prob going to be pretty freakin' congested today
Old 08-23-2011, 11:20 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

I'm waiting to hear back from Pat to create a full thread of wekfest. I'll be posting Noui's vid and a full timeline of the weekend in P&M.

Will be titled WEKFEST WEEKEND: 1cleanG, AlphaIce SuperCleanG meet up with ChiCity, Z gave way to G & Fezzik!

Gunna be one badass thread

Quick Reply: Wekfest Chicago / Midwest G Meet Pics and Discussion