Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Infiniti of libertyville scratched and dented my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Rickblkg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti of libertyville scratched and dented my car!!!

Infiniti of Libertyville scratched and dented my car. I went in for an oil change and tire rotation and came out to see a dent and scratch on my car. I confronted the Service manager Ryan and he had them remove my dent and buff out my scratch but the whole scratch did not buff off and now I have a scratch the size of a nail or two. So pissed what can i do about this"? Do you thinked corporate will care? Should I call? And to top it off I told them not to wash my car and they washed it and made swirl marks. I am soooo mad!!!!!!! This dealerships sucks, they scratched two rims, as well as the alum panel where the shift *** is and now dented and scratched my door. And I never confronted them about the first two and have always walked in with a smile, and never pissed them off in anyway.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:49 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn.. Im sorry to hear that. Please tell me you took photos of it before leaving the dealership and or got some kind of written note from the manager of this incident happening? Call corporate and report the dealership
Old 08-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
I've taken my G and M there with out any problems. I know Ryan and he is a pretty nice guy and will go out of his way to help out beyond standard service. I would personally vouch for this guy!

Here's a story about one of my cars there. My M was in their care getting service work done and another customer backed into the M which was parked correctly in the lot. They called me as soon as it happened and informed me of it. I went to take a look at it. Barely noticeable. But they sent it off to the body shop and got the front end repainted. Mind you there were rock chips everywhere else so they could have gotten away with not telling me and I would not have known but they did. Always inspect your car when you get it back and let the service manager know if there are any issues before you leave the lot as in a scratch. It happens, but they will fix it. They are not there saying lets scratch the P#*# out of this. They have no reason to.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Rickblkg

Fezzik I wish I had the luck you have, the scratch is there and nothing is being done, the advisor said they didnt do it when they did and said It may have happened two me in a parking lot or ETC. The fact that the advisor said that to me was what pissed me off the most. Those guys are usually extremely nice but this case they failed and blamed it on me. Dont get me wrong Ryan has helped me out in the past and it was him who had them buff and remove the dent. It was an advisor who said they didnt do it and blamed the scratch on me, but common this is the third time they did something wrong.

Last edited by Rickblkg; 08-07-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
They do have security cameras of the lots. Ask them to look over them.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
reason #52 for not taking a vehicle to a dealer for routine maintenance, where it is unnecessarily in someone else's hands for an extended period. vehicles should only go to dealers for warranty related work where the risk-reward makes it worthwhile. unless a guy doesn't care what happens to it, or how much he pays for the risk exposure.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:20 AM
MFslatechez37x

Im sorry to hear this, i always get my car washed at the libertyville infiniti, not serviced though, i feel its a better car wash than the glencoe infiniti since, libertyville handwash cars
Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
NCHIINFMNGR

First off i would like to say thanks for the kind words from everybody above. Second, I would like to say Rick I'm sorry you had a negative experience at our dealership. I do my best as the SM here to keep people happy, thats my job. When you showed me the dent, I could see clearly
a dent the size of a quarter with scratches and a slight crease above.
Due to the location and type of dent, I dont have anything here that could have caused that type of dent. If your door was struck here, you would have more substantial of a dent then that. Plus as fezzik above stated, while you were here getting the dent fixed, I was able to check the cameras around the dealer, from when your car came in and left.
None of the frames from 1:10 pm to 2:15pm show us harming your car.
I think that any of our customers would agree that if there was something worng or damaged here I would take care of it. To be honest things like this happen and we have protocalls and procedures with dealing with these type of situations. Thats why we have insurance. In your case I felt we were not at fault, but my dent guy owed me a favor so I used it for your car trying to help but instead we get disapproval still. This is not my first dealership I have worked at over the years and for situations like this usually end up with the SM upset and telling the customer to leave and never come back. Thats not how we do things at our dealership here.
I think that any business owner or manager would agree that we can not win every single battle or struggle, but do our best to help and assist in any way. Thanks for listening guys and have a great day.
Ryan
Old 08-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Rickblkg

Ryan, you have helped me in the past and thats why I did not say anything about u in the wrong, just your advisor saying I was at fault. I would like you to show me the camera shots as well. I actually looked around my car before coming to the dealership and did not see any dents. If you can show me the camera shots of my car with a dent then I will take back everything I said. You also did nothing to fix the scratch, now I will have to have the scratch fixed at the body shop for something you should have fixed. Again if you can show me the dent when I entered at 1:05-1:10 I will remove my statement and praise your dealerships for its great customer service and good name.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Rickblkg

The dent is a $75-100 fix so you did not really do me any favors its scratching my door that is a p.i.t.a. Fix that and I will be a lifelong customers of that dealership. You have my number I will be back in Chicago Tuesday morning leave me a P.M or Call me as you have my number and I will stop by and look at the cameras. I agree some SM would be aholes about this situation so you did your job well in terms of the dent, what about the quarter size scratch??? You could have had a body shop touch up and buff and polished and I would have accepted that.

Last edited by Rickblkg; 08-09-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Rickblkg

**** Update I called Ryan, and he had me speak with a GM, so I will update everyone on what happens next
**** Update, No call from the director of Fields for the last few days :/. I will give the GM a call. Lets see how much they care about their customers!

Last edited by Rickblkg; 08-20-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Rickblkg

New update*** Nothing was done, and I stopped going to the Infiniti dealer. It has also changed names not sure the same people work there....