Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Anyone here in Kansas City or Western Missouri?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 AM
next_G35_owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there BenDriver.. I just got my new AG G37S from Plaza Infiniti on 4/12. I brought my car back to KC on an auto transport, so I wouldn't put on any miles and run the rish of front end damge. On 4/14 my car was at PDI (http://www.pdiauto.com/) for tint (20%) and 3M clear bra. They do allot of the high end cars in the area and they have done about 5 G37's so far (including mine). There price for the clear bra includes the entire front end including mirrors, 12 inches up the hood, and over the fenders. They will do the headlights for an additional $90 and do tint on discount. The work is expertly done. Check out there website and give them a call, they are real helpful and have allot of pics on their website.

Last edited by next_G35_owner; 04-30-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
BenDriver

Next G35 owner---How did you get the car to PDI?--You drive it there? Did they do the front end, mirrors, 12 inches up hood, front of fenders, and that is all, on yours? Did you skip the headlights or have them done---A lot of questions----So you are very happy with the job they did there, then?
After looking at the car are you happy with the hood or wish you had done the whole hood?
I had a red '03.5 G35 coupe before I got this red g37, and I did not get the clear bra on that one----got the rock chipping of course. I had the car 5 years but only had 27000 miles on it when I sold it.
I just got the g37 home today from Grubbs Infiniti in Dallas (bought it yesterday)----very good experience with them---Joe ODay was the fellow I dealt with and he was great. I took a bit of a chance and drove it but don't believe I picked up any road rash on the way back.
I got the Vibrant Red, with spoiler, Sport package and premium. It is a great car---I enjoyed the trip back from Dallas. Will probably wish I had gotten the Nav, but use my Garmin some, but I am happy with the way the car is equipped.
Thanks for the information on PDI----Sounds like you are pleased with them
BenDriver
Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
next_G35_owner

Bendriver---I drove to PDI via surface streets (7 miles from my house) under 45 MPH at 9am in the morning. They did the whole front end, 12 inches of the hood, the fenders where they meet the 12 inches of the hood meet. I opted for the headlights also. They also will do the A pillars and the roof area before the sun roof. In addition, they have a clear bra type material for the front windshield that you might want to talk to them about. I'm pleased with the work they did. I have one small problem right above the grill but I know they will fix that for me when we get another couple of sunny days in KC

I so regretted not getting the clear bra on my RX8, rock chips really made the front end look bad. i told myself that on my next car, it would be the first thing i would do and I kept my word to myself.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:21 AM
BenDriver

I am surprised at the relative lack of traffic on this regional forum---got to be more than a few g37's out there in Kansas City.
Going to get the clear bra installed next week (earliest they could do it) at PDI----
When you brought it to them, did you do anything besides have it washed and dried? I assume no wax ahead of time---not sure what kind of prep they do to get the paint ready for the clear bra application---
I am not going to get the whole hood covered (just the front foot or so of the hood)--I hope I don't regret my decision on the Vibrant Red----Will feel a lot better about running down the road not worrying so much about road debris----Is there any particular maintenance one is supposed to do to the clear bra and clear bra edges to keep it in optimum condition? Wax or Zaino?
Presently have about 700 miles on the g37S----will be great to let it run after the break-in period.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:00 AM
GregUMR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey welcome Ben. I've seen 1 G37 in all the time I've been in KC. I'm glad we don't have a lot of them running around here right now I regret not getting my front fascia clear bra'ed, however I did do the hood and side fenders. I'm thinking of just doing the front now even tho there are a few chips on it. That or replace the entire bumper and then have it clear bra'ed, not sure. I'm going on a trip to colorado in June and I'm thinking I'd regret not having it on the front fascia for that trip.

Hope you enjoy the car, its hard to find a place to let er loose here in KC but I've hit up a few curvy roads and gave it a run to 140 on 435, twas fun and the car has some great pull once its broken in.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:34 AM
next_G35_owner

Hey Ben, PDI will go over all those questions u have concerning maintenece of the clear bra. They are very helpful and knowledgable. Do not wax the car before hand, an good wash would be good.

Hey there Greg, We will have to meet up here some time soon. I hope we can get more of the KC G37's together. I need ot post of KCR to see if any G37's are on that board as well.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:27 PM
BenDriver

Hey, Greg---I agree that I have seen at most 1 g37 in the KC area, besides the dealer lot---I bet the run on 435 was a rush---probably did not take long to get that fast. My 03 G35 would go from 60 to 70+ pretty quickly and with 50 more HP ought to be even better now. Will put some more miles on, get the clear bra then I will be good to GO, also---
next G35 owner, thanks--will let you know how the trip to PDI goes Tuesday.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:21 PM
GregUMR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be up for a meet for sure. I'm also very interested doing a track day on the road track out in Topeka. I really want to be able to run my car at full throttle on a road course
Old 04-26-2008, 05:50 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got my Tint and Bra done there, I know the building the shop they were using was one of my friends at the time, I dont know if they moved into a new facility yet, but they do great work, and great service.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:48 PM
BenDriver

On the Vibrant Red, did you get the coverage on the hood 12 to 24 inches up or the whole hood with the clear bra? At this point I plan on just the front and not the whole hood coverage----if you did not get the whole hood, does the line on the hood bother you at all? (No doubt looks better than paint chips anyway, I suppose.)
Raheel----Glad to hear you had good results also with your install.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:36 PM
BenDriver

I just got back from PDI having the clear bra installed on the Vibrant Red----Eric and Dennis were great to deal with and talk to---I am pleased with the job they did. In fact I am going to get my wife's black CX9 Mazda done by them.
Eric did the mirrors, bumper, headlights, and 2 feet up on the front of the hood. I will be a lot less nervous about flying debris now with this in place.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:37 PM
JonnyOzero3

Hi guys, I'm just curious - how are your clearbras are holding up since you had them put on by PDI?

I'm up in Omaha, and had big time issues getting a clearbra installed correctly, so I'm actually going to drive down to KC to have PDI put it on (making the trip with the front end covered in blue tape), after I get scratches fixed that the last shop added at no extra charge .

Anyhow, I'm just curious how well their work is holding up. Did they do a pattern or a custom cut for you guys? Are the wrapped edges holding strong?

Thanks...
Old 07-20-2008, 04:40 PM
JonnyOzero3

Heh, and which one of your cars is this?

http://www.pdiclearbra.com/carsgalle...37redppf1.html

Old 07-21-2008, 11:06 AM
BenDriver

Jonny0-------
I have had the clear bra installed now about 3 months----it looks as good now as the day it was installed, and therefore holding up very well. The rolled edges are great, and on the hood, where the bra stops (front 1/3 covered only), it lays flat and is not very noticeable-----however if there is doubt, they can cover the whole hood for a higher charge.
I would not hesitate to have PDI do this job for you---I think that they are as good as there is. They did a great installation and did no damage to the panels at all (like you said the previous installer did to your car).
They had my g37 for about 4 hours. I am not sure whether they had custom cut panels or if it was a stock item from 3M. But, it looks very well done.
The picture you showed of the Vibrant Red might be mine----I think that it is mine but not sure as any Sport would look like that from that angle.
When I had mine done the car had a few hundred babied miles on it, and I had massaged the paint before taking it to PDI. They looked it over carefully before starting to be sure the panels were straight before they started the application process.
Let us know how things go at PDI.
Best of luck with the trip from Omaha.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:48 AM
prutkows

this post may be dead? not erally sure but i live in st louis

Quick Reply: Anyone here in Kansas City or Western Missouri?