MEDIA SHARE Intake, Exhaust, Engine, Forced-Induction & Drivetrain

My dyno 325whp

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 PM
TIMMAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if cobb releases software to allow cam timing adjustments..

Geoh's reflashing to stock map right NOW.. =P
Old 07-21-2009, 03:35 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha no... it's good right now :P
Old 07-21-2009, 03:35 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Right now as far as the gains I got,I am satisfied.maybe once the timing becomes adjustable I will then give it a better review.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:51 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
^ You do know though that your cobb didnt contribute to any gains since you're running the stock map
Old 07-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah it did Sam. Without the cobb he wouldn't be able to adjust the A/F ratio.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Thing is, he didn't adjust any A/F Game

Quoting Chamelion

So now its time to really tune the sheit, im installing all the software on mike laptop and come to find out I only have the 6spd version of the software and it wont install because his cobb is married to an Auto G, and it knows. I didnt have the auto software and mike had just subscribed for it that very morning. No one was on the forums at the time and there was no way we could get our hands on the right software, so our day was almost a total loss..
Old 07-21-2009, 06:45 PM
TIMMAY

yeah, right now.. no gains thanks to the Cobb..
Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
So what I need to do to tune my 07 HR Sedan, is get the software from Cobb, and an AP hand held tuner. and I would get the most gains by using Cobbs Stock ECU map, and just tune the A/F Ratio with the Cobb Software with a Laptop Comp? is this what I reading correctly here? I have a frnd with a dyno that does moslty highly Modded Stangs, and some with Turbo's! GUess I should ask him if he knows about the COBB stuff?. My G35 Sedan has FI HFC's, Stillen Cat-Back, Injen CAI. and is a 6SPD MT car. Wonder if following these steps would net me a gain of at least 15HP also? or is getting a COBB a waste of my Money?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:32 AM
BradManUWF
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chamelieon
ok, let me stick my foot in here finally..

from the start.. plans were to fully tune Mike's IP with the cobb tuning software and get a baseline and an after of everything on the dyno. we first start with the baseline, exactly as he drove in.. but he already had the stage 2+ flashed.. which would be normal for a car with stillen gen3's, HFC's and full exhaust.

So 1st pull on the dyno 305whp.. 2nd pull was 310whp and 3rd was 306whp. so I say ok.. thats not bad at all.. cars making good use of all the mods.. (I had just slapped my car on the dyno 2 days prior and made 292whp but I just have HFC's.)

So now its time to really tune the sheit, im installing all the software on mike laptop and come to find out I only have the 6spd version of the software and it wont install because his cobb is married to an Auto G, and it knows. I didnt have the auto software and mike had just subscribed for it that very morning. No one was on the forums at the time and there was no way we could get our hands on the right software, so our day was almost a total loss.. we're all upset.. then I tell Mike, "guess what!. I bet you $20 that the stock map makes more power.. so he goes "no way i dont believe you, cobb are my boys and they know their sheit" ..so im like yeaaah ok lets find out..

After 20min of waiting for the stock style map to flash.. Im showing mike how the A/F logs look like on the stage2+ and they are freaking HORRIBLE!!! Turbo cars I tune arent even that RICH!!!!

So we start the new dyno runs... 1st pass.. 323whp,...2nd ..326whp..3rd 325whp.. Now we couldnt believe our eyes!!! it basically had gained 15whp from fuel alone..

COBB Stage 2+ fuel --- 11.8 ......11.5 .....11.3...... 11.2 .....10.8
Stock style map fuel --- 12.9 ....12.8 ..... 12.4 .....12.2 .....11.0

man we hopped around for like 10min in disbelief...
and to cover our behinds we had board member "chris90" slap on for some baseline runs right after.. bone stock 5spd auto with tenabe muffler.. put down 297whp... 299whp....last run 298whp.

Now I assured Mike there was still more out of her, once we finally got our hands on the right software Moving the redline another 500rpms since his powerband never dropped it wanted to keep climbing and I can correct the fuel even more so it doesnt dip rich still over 6k rpms, I can also modify all the throttle tables so the car is *WAY* more responsive.

as of right now timing adjustment is NOT working and we are busting Cobbs ***** to do something about it! the car can still make MORE power with some timing adjustment but so far any changes dont take any effect.

so there you have it folks.. sorry for the long speech
So when you went from Stage 2+ to "stock", are you talking about Cobb's "Stock Sytle" map or Infiniti's from the factory "stock map"?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM
chamelieon

cobb's "stock style map"...
Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 AM
808MIKE

I finally got my COBB to work on my 07 G35 Sedan, It has Injen CAI, Stillen Cat Back, and FI HFC's! Now I loaded the COBB Stage 2+ map, since it listed all my mods, and just like RISKY GUY's car, I went for a Drive, and I watched my AFR on the COBB AP, and it just about the same as yours! Hits high 10's near redline! SO maybe tomorrow, I'll try the "CObb Stock Style map" Since it seems it really helped your car out! Do you think I'll get similar gains going the Stock Stlye Map? since my car has the VQ35 HR motor? But it did seem to pull alot harder in the upper RPM and wanted to keep going! LOL. YeeeHaaaw!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:52 PM
RISKY GUY

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Thing is, he didn't adjust any A/F Game

Quoting Chamelion

that was for the racepro software.

the stock map loaded, he was able to adjust a/f ratio only.

If he was able to do timing or cam adjustment., we would have seen some rediculous gains.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:54 PM
RISKY GUY

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
I finally got my COBB to work on my 07 G35 Sedan, It has Injen CAI, Stillen Cat Back, and FI HFC's! Now I loaded the COBB Stage 2+ map, since it listed all my mods, and just like RISKY GUY's car, I went for a Drive, and I watched my AFR on the COBB AP, and it just about the same as yours! Hits high 10's near redline! SO maybe tomorrow, I'll try the "CObb Stock Style map" Since it seems it really helped your car out! Do you think I'll get similar gains going the Stock Stlye Map? since my car has the VQ35 HR motor? But it did seem to pull alot harder in the upper RPM and wanted to keep going! LOL. YeeeHaaaw!

you are gonna need a professional that can adjust the a/f ratio.

I would not recomend you to adjust, I had A real professional (chamellion) do my tune.

maybe that is how i got such nice gains.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:38 PM
808MIKE

Hmm he did not mention he adjusted the AFR on the Cobb stock style map?? Was under the assumtion that he just loaded the stock style map only and got better AFRs!? Since he did not have the correct software for your car? Please double check if this is what he did? Thanx
Old 08-19-2009, 02:32 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can any of them adjust timing?

Quick Reply: My dyno 325whp