Old 02-12-2011, 05:14 AM
alexdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omg that looks sick!!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:25 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not a big fan of those headlights, everything else is awesome!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:04 AM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
everything seems really perfect as of now.. Please don't over do it on and make it like it belongs to stock with OEM quaility. I would like to buy one. =)

Please keep us posted.
you will make lots of money, if you are skilled at making it, and willing to start a business. lol
Old 02-14-2011, 12:00 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Headlights looks aggressive but i personally don't quite like the 'hose' you put the lights in. Maybe if you use like a better and 'finer' tube or maybe just a carbon-fibered line, your headlights will look more elegant and not cheap-looking. just my 2 cents though, still an awesome you work put into this project.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Kingston Kustoms
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Here are some more recent pics. And Yes....that is a hose. I never was going to offer to make that for anyone as I do understand it’s cheap. lol. Doesn’t look that bad though I guess. I just wanted the lights done with. Looks ok now but never doing a headlight mod again!!!!

Any who....I’m just about ready to send the bumper of to get painted. Just a few minor touch ups. Next is chrome trim for the main opening.
Attached Thumbnails Essence-ish Meh....I got bored. lol-img_0909.jpg   Essence-ish Meh....I got bored. lol-img_0913.jpg   Essence-ish Meh....I got bored. lol-img_0916.jpg   Essence-ish Meh....I got bored. lol-img_0912.jpg  
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
omg i want to buy this
Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks better than I thought it would
Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 PM
RhiNoKiLL

wait what did u do/use for the headlight?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Kingston Kustoms
Premier Member

Basically I painted the inside of the headlight black but kept more of the trim accent. Then I put in some LEDs like the essence.

1. What I used. Braided Hose...yes...I know. The close ups I have of the lights are not how they ended up. There much better trimmed but in the end...yes....it is hose.

2. Flexible White LEDs from Oznium

3. Some black textured abs to give the more aggressive look and essentially hold the LEDs and hose as one piece.

4. Clear and black silicone to tidy things up and keep things together.

Again...sorry for my cheap hose. Ill make sure to keep my hose in check next time.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Z gave way to G

First off, I would have to agree that you get the "big *****" award for taking on a project like this! Secondly, you look to have a lot of skill my man! Here is where my opinion and a 3rd party perspective comes in.... Our g's have no relative "straight" body lines on them anywhere. Even the g35 coupe had more "squared off" areas. With this in mind, I think the sharp, straight body lines on your bumper, don't flow with the rest of the car. It reminds me alot of an evo x frnt end. If you made the body lines a lot less pronounced and rounded off, I feel it would flow a lot more. Just my .02. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Kingston Kustoms
Premier Member

Yeah that will be happening. When I said I had a few minor things...that was a big one. lol. I’m picky as heck with this project (minus those freaken headlights). I can’t say they still won’t be pronounced edges but it won’t be as bad or "sharp". The car is filthy and the bumper not sanded 100% to my liking so I think it’s hard to really see the overall flow. Give me some time and you’ll see. I guess that’s why most people never post pics while in process of actually making something. lol. But I love the insight though guys, honestly. I only draw my ideas from what I have seen and heard then mash them up and hope for the best.

I’ll be trying something out for the trunk lid as well soon enough. Also, if you haven’t seen my diffuser take a look. It has some of the same edges.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Z gave way to G

Originally Posted by kingstong37
Yeah that will be happening. When I said I had a few minor things...that was a big one. lol. I’m picky as heck with this project (minus those freaken headlights). I can’t say they still won’t be pronounced edges but it won’t be as bad or "sharp". The car is filthy and the bumper not sanded 100% to my liking so I think it’s hard to really see the overall flow. Give me some time and you’ll see. I guess that’s why most people never post pics while in process of actually making something. lol. But I love the insight though guys, honestly. I only draw my ideas from what I have seen and heard then mash them up and hope for the best.

I’ll be trying something out for the trunk lid as well soon enough. Also, if you haven’t seen my diffuser take a look. It has some of the same edges.

I commend you, my friend, on your grace in accepting "constructive" criticism, and your visionary approach to modding
Old 02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Good work so far... bumper surprisingly flows well.

Now I know where the hose off my dishwasher went ! lol
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Its an actual hose? hahaha.... Thats why it looked familiar... thats crazy man. But props to you again for getting to where you are. definitely must have been bored man LOL
Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 PM
jmlenz

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
as Eddie Murphy might say, "Im not falling for the hose in the headlight!" lol

Nice work man, that bumper is turning out pretty damn good.

Quick Reply: Essence-ish Meh....I got bored. lol