Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Catalytic Convertor Replacement Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 06:10 AM
Fletch2020
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Catalytic Convertor Replacement Recommendations

2012 G37 Sedan Journey

Hey guys! I've been running around for quite a while with error codes for both cats. I'd like to replace them and have a mechanic friend that will do that if I buy the parts. Problem is I'm trying NOT to spend 2000 for two OEM cats from the dealership and while I see there are quite a few replacement ones on places like Rock Auto, is there any after market brand or website you would recommend? Any warnings that I should know about using after market Cats? If there is a best bang for your buck brand that works fine I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in Advance for any help!
Old 07-14-2021, 08:53 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Go on eBay and search it and you’ll see a ton of listings that are like 230 a set. Most of these listings on eBay are aftermarket intended to be oem replacement and most are made in Canada. Are they awesome? I dunno, probably not,
but better than what you got. I haven’t bought them but I almost did (I still have beat up cats). I’d bet money your codes all go away and your good with any of these.