Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

R2C intakes 3/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 07:25 PM
Cwhouar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R2C intakes 3/14

Hey anyone know the best site to order these online, I found them for 405 shipped anyone know of a better deal?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:49 PM
beachbum718

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Tunerstore.dont buy the nickel metallic.it fades and pits within months.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:40 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Originally Posted by beachbum718
Tunerstore.dont buy the nickel metallic.it fades and pits within months.
$405 seems to be about the average price for these. As for the fading and pits within months I have to disagree with you I bought mine used and still have no noticeable pits or fading at all. I also believe that this is the nicest looking short ram intake on the market without a doubt
Old 03-14-2016, 09:46 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
I got mine for less than that ....email or call Kyle at importpartspro.com he is a vendor on this forum.
Tell him Ed Butte sent you...his shop is right by my house and he will give you a better deal than that...

Email him: kyle@importpartspro.com

Call him for faster service!
kyle@importpartspro.com
Kyle Puckett
Import Parts Pro
281-288-0700

Last edited by G37sGraphite; 03-14-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Cwhouar
Hey anyone know the best site to order these online, I found them for 405 shipped anyone know of a better deal?
best deal = leave the factory intakes in = free

... unless you want some blingy hot-air-sucking noisemakers.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:49 AM
G37sGraphite

Originally Posted by Landshark

lol true.... but if you dont get em, your car sounds and looks like a camry that your grandma drives.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:58 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
lol true.... but if you dont get em, your car sounds and looks like a camry that your grandma drives.
Do you drive with your hood open?
Old 03-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Sig6MT
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really wanted to upgrade my 6MT's intake. I simply could not find hard data on any system that showed increase in HP at wheels while delivering comparable filtration as OEM. Compromising on filtration performance to gain a few HP were not acceptable to me.

Outside of enjoying a different sound, I reached same conclusion as Landshark

Will gladly keep open mind if any one can provide evidence of system that truly delivers on both.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Sig6MT
I really wanted to upgrade my 6MT's intake. I simply could not find hard data on any system that showed increase in HP at wheels while delivering comparable filtration as OEM. Compromising on filtration performance to gain a few HP were not acceptable to me.

Outside of enjoying a different sound, I reached same conclusion as Landshark

Will gladly keep open mind if any one can provide evidence of system that truly delivers on both.
Infiniti engineers arent stupid (well, mostly not ... ) - they wouldnt make the stock intakes giant restrictions. i'd bet they are designed to flow way more than the engine can deal with.

the G37 air filters are so easy to access, its a crime to change to something that you need to remove the front of the car to get to.

at maybe $150 or so, i could see maybe just getting a cool swooshy noisemaker, but $400+? nope.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:51 PM
G37sGraphite

Infiniti engineers arent stupid (well, mostly not ... ) - they wouldnt make the stock intakes giant restrictions. i'd bet they are designed to flow way more than the engine can deal with.

the G37 air filters are so easy to access, its a crime to change to something that you need to remove the front of the car to get to.

at maybe $150 or so, i could see maybe just getting a cool swooshy noisemaker, but $400+? nope.

With the R2c you do not need to remove the front of the car to get to...plus its a 1 time cost actually pretty minimal since it lasts as long as you own the car, that 1 time cost equals miles and miles of a transformed boring sounding OEM intake to a growling beast. Also, HP gains, true probably not allot but its not all about HP if thats all you care about there are plenty of cars with more HP than the G37. Plus it looks great...much better than the stock intake. Heck if you purchased the G37 you care about the way it looks, or you would own something like a Mazda Speed3. Why not dress up the engine bay a bit too? If you on a budget maybe not worth it. But if you can afford it ...then no reason not to own it. Its definitely worth it. This is my opinion an actual owner of the R2c...not someone who decided to hop on this guys thread and hate on the R2c intake....for no reason. OP was asking where he could buy it not ...hey guys is the R2c worth it.?...

Last edited by G37sGraphite; 03-15-2016 at 09:10 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by G37sGraphite:
juan goose (03-15-2016), kennyz424 (03-15-2016), Kris9884 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 10:13 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

With the R2c you do not need to remove the front of the car to get to...plus its a 1 time cost actually pretty minimal since it lasts as long as you own the car, that 1 time cost equals miles and miles of a transformed boring sounding OEM intake to a growling beast. Also, HP gains, true probably not allot but its not all about HP if thats all you care about there are plenty of cars with more HP than the G37. Plus it looks great...much better than the stock intake. Heck if you purchased the G37 you care about the way it looks, or you would own something like a Mazda Speed3. Why not dress up the engine bay a bit too? If you on a budget maybe not worth it. But if you can afford it ...then no reason not to own it. Its definitely worth it. This is my opinion an actual owner of the R2c...not someone who decided to hop on this guys thread and hate on the R2c intake....for no reason. OP was asking where he could buy it not ...hey guys is the R2c worth it.?...

i was mainly referring to the Takeda / Stillen intakes, but the R2C is a hot air intake ... would not be surprised if they lost power.

i will probably be getting some R2C drop-in filters for the stock airboxes, though, as they are cleanable and reuseable.
im not too concerned about engine compartment bling as i dont drive around with my hood open.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:59 PM
G37sGraphite

i was mainly referring to the Takeda / Stillen intakes, but the R2C is a hot air intake ... would not be surprised if they lost power.

i will probably be getting some R2C drop-in filters for the stock airboxes, though, as they are cleanable and reuseable.
im not too concerned about engine compartment bling as i dont drive around with my hood open.

If your lowered or have an axel back its really the same thing...no horsepower gain, nothing... just a different kinda bling and noise without the hood open...
Old 03-15-2016, 11:13 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
If your lowered or have an axel back its really the same thing...no horsepower gain, nothing... just a different kinda bling and noise without the hood open...
Agreed I also have this intake and am absolutely in loveeeeeeeee with it! Not only does it look great but it also brings out the sound of my Greddy Catback Exhaust to a new dimension Plus I also got mine for $250 used polished it up cleaned the crap out of the air filters and heat shields and honestly it looks brand new lol I wasn't worried about the horsepower as much as just wanting to make my engine bay look nicer. You may not drive with the hood open but the times you do open that hood you get a sense of pride just looking at that the gorgeous black nickel plated pipes

And G37sGraphite that's one clean looking engine bay man very nice!
Old 03-15-2016, 11:40 PM
G37sGraphite

Originally Posted by kennyz424
Agreed I also have this intake and am absolutely in loveeeeeeeee with it! Not only does it look great but it also brings out the sound of my Greddy Catback Exhaust to a new dimension Plus I also got mine for $250 used polished it up cleaned the crap out of the air filters and heat shields and honestly it looks brand new lol I wasn't worried about the horsepower as much as just wanting to make my engine bay look nicer. You may not drive with the hood open but the times you do open that hood you get a sense of pride just looking at that the gorgeous black nickel plated pipes

And G37sGraphite that's one clean looking engine bay man very nice!
Its not mine... I think its Rochesters....lol

I have been detailing my car one spot at a time... and waiting to take pics after I put on my diffuser and splitter....
Old 03-16-2016, 06:27 PM
Sig6MT
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thx to all for your perspectives.

I would like to learn more about reusable filters that fit stock intakes. Does anyone have actual test data on filtration of the R2C or other filters.

My priorities are 1st- top filtration performance, 2nd-reusable, 3rd-HP increase, and 4th- sound/looks.

Quick Reply: R2C intakes 3/14