Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

R2C intakes 3/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I think they look and sound great! BUT, for the price you could spend like $30 more and grab a Takeda which has proven gains AND the killer sound... Just me.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Sig6MT
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris9884
I think they look and sound great! BUT, for the price you could spend like $30 more and grab a Takeda which has proven gains AND the killer sound... Just me.
I am interested in your perspectives
Can you Pls share data such as dyno tests to support HP increases at wheels, and filtration test for coarse and fine particles?
Old 03-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Kris9884

Originally Posted by Sig6MT
I am interested in your perspectives
Can you Pls share data such as dyno tests to support HP increases at wheels, and filtration test for coarse and fine particles?
Google search: "Takeda intake g37" - https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...ke-system.html
Old 03-18-2016, 10:42 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Negatives regarding the Takeda: Install: You have to remove the front bumper and I think cut things up a bit to make them fit not worth the HP gain IMOP. Resale/Warranty: Not the best set up for resale or for fact warranty. Uninstalling it every time you think you need warranty work is less plausible with the Takeda if you worry about warranty this is a consideration..... Hydrolock: The lower area in which it sits lends itself to a greater probability of hydro lock versus the R2c.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:51 AM
Kris9884

Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
Negatives regarding the Takeda: Install: You have to remove the front bumper and I think cut things up a bit to make them fit not worth the HP gain IMOP. Resale/Warranty: Not the best set up for resale or for fact warranty. Uninstalling it every time you think you need warranty work is less plausible with the Takeda if you worry about warranty this is a consideration..... Hydrolock: The lower area in which it sits lends itself to a greater probability of hydro lock versus the R2c.

YOU'RE COMPLETELY WRONG, don't post wrong information...

1) You DO NOT need to cut anything to fit the Takeda intake, that's the Stillen intake which has terrible fitment. If you're too lazy to remove the front bumper for 15+ horsepower, I feel bad for you. The bumper removal on the G is super easy.

2) The intake has NO ill effect on the warranty, many of us have taken the car in for warranty work without hearing a thing. The law states the manufacturer must prove THEE aftermarket part itself caused the other parts under warranty to fail to void the warranty of only THAT part, not the entire car.

3) Hydrolock lol, don't get me started. Such an old myth you read many moons ago from some dodge neon who rallied his car in the mud... Unless the intake tube is practically fully submerged in water there will never be enough vacuum to suck water up in the intake. If you are driving through water up to your front grill, I HOPE your car gets impounded. For extra peace of mind Takeda includes a block plate to cover the intake filter from any rain that could leak through the front grill.

I'm glad you posted that BS so I could correct you and let anyone in the future know these FACTS. Ugh.

Last edited by Kris9884; 03-19-2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Angry spelling
Old 03-19-2016, 11:38 AM
G37sGraphite

YOU'RE COMPLETELY WRONG, don't post wrong information...

1) You DO NOT need to cut anything to fit the Takeda intake, that's the Stillen intake which has terrible fitment. If you're too lazy to remove the front bumper for 15+ horsepower, I feel bad for you. The bumper removal on the G is super easy.

2) The intake has NO ill effect on the warranty, many of us have taken the car in for warranty work without hearing a thing. The law states the manufacturer must prove THEE aftermarket part itself caused the other parts under warranty to fail to void the warranty of only THAT part, not the entire car.

3) Hydrolock lol, don't get me started. Such an old myth you read many moons ago from some dodge neon who rallied his car in the mud... Unless the intake tube is practically fully submerged in water there will never be enough vacuum to suck water up in the intake. If you are driving through water up to your front grill, I HOPE your car gets impounded. For extra peace of mind Takeda includes a block plate to cover the intake filter from any rain that could leak through the front grill.

I'm glad you posted that BS so I could correct you and let anyone in the future know these FACTS. Ugh.
Calm down ....

1.The HP controversy of intakes have been around forever...if you believe what you read....your naive. Got a dyno before and after your install? 99% of the time you will need a tune to get the power difference. If you do get a tune then were at number 2 ...warranty issues again....
2. I said if you reread what I wrote: if you worry about warranty this is a consideration. I did not say you would be denied...but if you do worry about warranty work...then removing it each time vs R2c is stupid. I was not talking about getting your window to go up when it doesnt....I am talking about engine problems...Plus what your saying is easier said than done you must be new to modding. A dealer can refuse to work on your vehicle. They can make this difficult, time consuming, and expensive for the vehicle owner. They know that you would have to file BB claims, hire a lawyer. Most of the time no problem....unless something big happens then they will try to find anything....An intake probably not a problem but worth mentioning since were talking about comparing the Takeda to the R2c which takes 5 seconds to remove....and you will have less problem.
3. If thats the only incident you have read about great....I have witnessed and read about others of course they ran right through water and other stupid crap....but again another consideration when COMPARING to a R2C. Again what I wrote? I did not say you will hydrolock with it did I? "Hydrolock: The lower area in which it sits lends itself to a greater probability of hydro lock versus the R2c." This is in COMPARISON to the R2C and thats truth...

So you did not correct...sh*t

Last edited by G37sGraphite; 03-19-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Kris9884

Calm down ....

1.The HP controversy of intakes have been around forever...if you believe what you read....your naive. Got a dyno before and after your install? 99% of the time you will need a tune to get the power difference. If you do get a tune then were at number 2 ...warranty issues again....
2. I said if you reread what I wrote: if you worry about warranty this is a consideration. I did not say you would be denied...but if you do worry about warranty work...then removing it each time vs R2c is stupid. I was not talking about getting your window to go up when it doesnt....I am talking about engine problems...Plus what your saying is easier said than done you must be new to modding. A dealer can refuse to work on your vehicle. They can make this difficult, time consuming, and expensive for the vehicle owner. They know that you would have to file BB claims, hire a lawyer. Most of the time no problem....unless something big happens then they will try to find anything....An intake probably not a problem but worth mentioning since were talking about comparing the Takeda to the R2c which takes 5 seconds to remove....and you will have less problem.
3. If thats the only incident you have read about great....I have witnessed and read about others of course they ran right through water and other stupid crap....but again another consideration when COMPARING to a R2C. Again what I wrote? I did not say you will hydrolock with it did I? "Hydrolock: The lower area in which it sits lends itself to a greater probability of hydro lock versus the R2c." This is in COMPARISON to the R2C and thats truth...

So you did not correct...sh*t

Relax, I'm not trying to cause drama, just want things to be clear to the ones searching this in the future, quit fogging things up. You made 3 clear points to deter others from the Takeda that weren't true. You said you have to cut things for the install, that's wrong, plain and simple.

Your right, there are no facts anywhere that says Takeda specifically makes more/less power than the R2C, that's fair so I'll give ya that. BUT, the rest of the worlds dyno results of ANY short ram vs. ANY CAI, have all proven they are better.

I am nowhere near new to modding. I have owned this car for 3 weeks and already installed almost every bolt-on made, this car is like Legos compared to what I'm used to. If you want to measure knowledge, PM me, I'll school you on anything you'd like.

You're still confusing people. The intakes are not going to void the cars warranty for any reason. If you don't have enough confidence in yourself to debate this with a high schooler tech at the dealership, then skip to management and they will surely agree with you.

I don't care what you say next, you're simply wrong and there's no need to keep this going.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Eyeshield25

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Back to the topic. I got mine from Tunerzstore awhile back for $350 so maybe they jacked the price up.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:45 PM
G37sGraphite

Relax, I'm not trying to cause drama, just want things to be clear to the ones searching this in the future, quit fogging things up. You made 3 clear points to deter others from the Takeda that weren't true. You said you have to cut things for the install, that's wrong, plain and simple.

Your right, there are no facts anywhere that says Takeda specifically makes more/less power than the R2C, that's fair so I'll give ya that. BUT, the rest of the worlds dyno results of ANY short ram vs. ANY CAI, have all proven they are better.

I am nowhere near new to modding. I have owned this car for 3 weeks and already installed almost every bolt-on made, this car is like Legos compared to what I'm used to. If you want to measure knowledge, PM me, I'll school you on anything you'd like.

You're still confusing people. The intakes are not going to void the cars warranty for any reason. If you don't have enough confidence in yourself to debate this with a high schooler tech at the dealership, then skip to management and they will surely agree with you.

I don't care what you say next, you're simply wrong and there's no need to keep this going.
Original post I did that you responded to and are twisting to make yourself seem correct.....is below. Keep in mind I was comparing the Takeda to the R2C when I wrote this...

1. I will give you the "cut things up" part as you mentioned but I did say "I think" I did not state it as fact. R2c no bumper removal Takeda bumper removal. The bumper removal part is TRUE...
2. The HP gains are not worth removing bumper is ... the power gains for either are minimal. Without a tune...TRUE and I did state IMOP in my post.
I never stated anywhere above that your Warranty would be voided...where? I mentioned "if you worry about warranty". TRUE...Why because if you have engine problems mother infinite is going to TRY and blame it on your intake...and you wont be arguing with a stupid mechanic....With the R2c (if you worry about your warranty it can be removed every time you go in for warranty work) meaning in comparison with the R2c you have a lower probability of having to argue EVER if you have engine problems...so if you worry about your warranty the R2C has a lower probability of causing problems....TRUE

I agree with you that an intake will not cause warranty issues
but we are comparing (Takeda) with a relative option (R2C) that has a lower probability of causing issues with warranty -if your worry about your warranty -due to the fact it is easier to uninstall each time....TRUE.

No matter what you write I know you will always be right in your mind so no need to keep going....TRUE. So you win. . OP sorry for wasting space in your thread...

Last edited by G37sGraphite; 03-19-2016 at 01:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kris9884 (03-19-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Kris9884

Were splitting hairs bro, its all good. Both are good options. To each their own.
G37sGraphite (03-20-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 12:13 AM
G37sGraphite

Man why did we waste time on that? Who really cares...sometimes I will argue about something and think back and wonder ...Why? Both are good...agreed.
Kris9884 (03-20-2016)