Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Fast Intentions CBE - Round vs Traditional with Polished Tips

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 12:29 AM
SchoonerVanHlmt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fast Intentions CBE - Round vs Traditional with Polished Tips

Hi All,

I just purchased another G37 / 2014-Q60s and looking to invest in a Fast Intentions CBE with 12"resonators and polished tips mated to my stock HFCs. My previous 08 G37 I had Berk HFCs , Stillen CBE and Stillen Gen 2 intake.

My R2C black nickel/ black hex intakes will be on order in the next few days and will be installing 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear tires on stock 19sport rims.soon.. My car will is not lowered and no plans in the future.

I have viewed /researched many post and videos here here / youtube, but have only seen the FI Round mufflers on the coupe, not the traditional oval mufflers.

I really like the Fast Intentions exhaust but have a few questions:

1) Any sound difference between the round vs traditional (oval) mufflers?
12" resonators

2) Do the round mufflers hang down farther than stock, as my concern in bottoming out and scratching my new exhaust.

3) Any advantage round vs oval or is this just looks only.

4) I have heard the sound clips on the sedan, but not the coupe and didn't know if there are any differences.

If you have any input, pics of the oval on a G37/Q60 coupe, sound clips, links it would be greatly appreciated.

The pictures posted are from the FI website..

Thanks..
Attached Thumbnails Fast Intentions CBE - Round vs Traditional with Polished Tips-fast-intentions-round-catback.jpg   Fast Intentions CBE - Round vs Traditional with Polished Tips-fast-intentions-traditonal-catback.jpg  
Old 09-02-2015, 11:22 PM
SchoonerVanHlmt

Okay... So I see a lot of views, but no information.. So..

If you have the Fast Intentions Round mufflers CBE, do you feel it hangs lower than the stock exhaust?

If so, do you every scrape the exhaust on normal speed bumps in parking lots?

I am worried the round exhaust hangs down too far like a 370z.. If you have one installed on your g37s or q60s, you input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..
Old 09-09-2015, 01:33 PM
drkay
Premier Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
I have the FI catback with traditional oval mufflers and 18" resonators mated with their resonated HFCs. Absolutely love the sound. No rasp and no drone at any highway speed. Some would prefer a quieter exhaust but not me. I am always getting compliments on the sound.
I did have to send my cats back for warranty and while I had the stock cats on with the catback it was wayyyyy to quiet. Almost sounded stock. Plus car was slower.
I cannot comment on a comparison as I have heard no other FI setup.

FI did mention to me that the round mufflers are louder than the oval, and the carbon fiber louder still. . .

I am lowered with swift springs: 1.3"F and 1.0"R. Never has anything scraped. Even flying over speed bumps. I never even think about it. Mufflers do not hang too low.

Hope this helps.
I suggest you talk with FI on the phone as I did before purchasing; they are very helpful.

Last edited by drkay; 09-09-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: ..
Old 09-20-2015, 01:03 PM
SchoonerVanHlmt

Thanks DrKay... Sorry for the late response as I have been out of the country.

I will call FI about the round mufflers as well..