Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

G37 Coupe exhaust inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:37 AM
G37Marco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation G37 Coupe exhaust inquiry

Hello again guys.

kindly find the attached links for GT-R exhaust, i am planning to buy one of those as they are quad tips.

Have seen some threads though which confirm that this exhaust can fit the 2008 G37 coupe.

I just wanna make sure from the expertise here if its true that it can be fitted or not.

I contacted the reseller but he didnt confirm anything.
Please advise ASAP

Nissan GT R Amuse Titanium Burnt 76mm Catback Exhaust System GTR 76 Cat Back | eBay

Nissan GT R Complete Turbo Back Exhaust System 101 90mm GTR Stainless Steel 321 | eBay

Thank you
Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
I haven't clicked those links, but I will tell you right now to be cautious when buying from eBay. There are many, many Chinese replica exhausts being sold under "legitimate" names. Personally I've never heard of the GTR exhaust fitting into a G37. I do know that even if the length is correct, you will need to modify your rear bumper to get the tips to match, however since you want quad tips, you'll need to do that anyways. If that exhaust is as expensive as everything else on the GTR is, then you may be better off purchasing an exhaust made specifically for the G37 and just getting a muffler shop to weld on quad tips for you. It would be more cost effective and less likely to have fitment issues.

Whatever the case, good luck!
The following users liked this post:
G37Marco (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
That exhaust does NOT fit your 08 coupe. It is not even close to fitting an 08 G37 coupe. It fits a GTR which has nothing in common with a G coupe exhaust wise.

If you want an exhaust like that, you can search the forum to see what a G37 Amuse exhaust looks like. You'll see the difference. Also if you get an exhaust with quad tips you will need to modify your rear bumper for the tips to fit properly.

Good luck.
G37Marco (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 08:29 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
1) There is no way an Amuse Catback will cost $1125 unless a machine gun fired a few clips at it.

2) The G37 and the GTR have completely different exhaust systems. Night and day difference.

G37 Exhaust:

GTR Exhaust:

G37Marco (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 AM
G37Marco

Guys check those out, this is a top secret z33 with amuse quad tip which is never been designed to a G,but its fitted. I know the guy personally and i am wondering how could this be done.
Attached Thumbnails G37 Coupe exhaust inquiry-image-1061749899.jpg   G37 Coupe exhaust inquiry-image-2283836930.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 11:50 AM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Marco
Guys check those out, this is a top secret z33 with amuse quad tip which is never been designed to a G,but its fitted. I know the guy personally and i am wondering how could this be done.

I didn't think i would like the quad tips, but that is a sweet looking coupe
Old 01-20-2014, 11:56 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
You said it yourself "it was never designed to fit a G, but it is fitted."

A muffler shop can torch, weld, and hammer any exhaust on the planet to fit a car. It's just piping after all. I don't think anyone is saying it will never, ever fit. We're saying you can save yourself a boatload of trouble and fabrication costs by buying an exhaust designed to fit the car rather than trying to cram something else in there. Amuse already makes a titanium exhaust for the G37, just buy that one and get your shop to add the quad tips.

The only "benefit" to "making it fit" is being able to brag that you've got a "real GTR" exhaust in your not-GTR. It's not worth it, and the 3" exhaust is minimally beneficial for a non-forced inducted G37. It can be done, but I'm telling you it is not cost effective, comes with a ton of headache, will result in your car being unavailable for a longer time, requires extensive irreversible modification, all will probably result in a whole host of other problems down the line as you try to make parts made specifically for the G37 play nice with your custom exhaust. There's virtually no performance difference between a "real" GTR amuse exhaust and an amuse exhaust made for the G37. You can even get the quad tips you're after.

My question is, why are you fixated on the GTR exhaust? I'm trying to help you, but you can't see the forest for the trees.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:17 PM
G37Marco

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
You said it yourself "it was never designed to fit a G, but it is fitted." A muffler shop can torch, weld, and hammer any exhaust on the planet to fit a car. It's just piping after all. I don't think anyone is saying it will never, ever fit. We're saying you can save yourself a boatload of trouble and fabrication costs by buying an exhaust designed to fit the car rather than trying to cram something else in there. Amuse already makes a titanium exhaust for the G37, just buy that one and get your shop to add the quad tips. The only "benefit" to "making it fit" is being able to brag that you've got a "real GTR" exhaust in your not-GTR. It's not worth it, and the 3" exhaust is minimally beneficial for a non-forced inducted G37. It can be done, but I'm telling you it is not cost effective, comes with a ton of headache, will result in your car being unavailable for a longer time, requires extensive irreversible modification, all will probably result in a whole host of other problems down the line as you try to make parts made specifically for the G37 play nice with your custom exhaust. There's virtually no performance difference between a "real" GTR amuse exhaust and an amuse exhaust made for the G37. You can even get the quad tips you're after. My question is, why are you fixated on the GTR exhaust? I'm trying to help you, but you can't see the forest for the trees.
i am not fixated to anything,and it wont benefit me either to brag about it telling that i installed a gtr exhaust on a G, just the idea itself teases me,thats the main point.
But what u've mentioned make sense for me.

Let me ask and take your advise since you sound like an expert, if you had the chance to choose from those 3 which one you will choose(meisterschaft,motordyne E370, amuse for G)
Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

You've now confused me a bit. The first post had links to a GTR exhaust that you wanted to fit on a G37. Post 5 shows a G37 with a quad tip Amuse exhaust. Presumably one designed for this car, not the GTR. Either you are getting confused or I am. There is an Amuse exhaust with quad tips that is made specifically to fit the G37 (V36) Coupe. Here's one:
JDMphasis: Project G37S: Exhausted
That actual one is currently for sale:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...-part-out.html
What I'm not understanding is why you wouldn't choose the option designed for your car (which fits as is) rather than trying to buy an exhaust for a different car (GTR) and "make it fit"?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:52 PM
G37Marco

Originally Posted by Black Betty
You've now confused me a bit. The first post had links to a GTR exhaust that you wanted to fit on a G37. Post 5 shows a G37 with a quad tip Amuse exhaust. Presumably one designed for this car, not the GTR. Either you are getting confused or I am. There is an Amuse exhaust with quad tips that is made specifically to fit the G37 (V36) Coupe. Here's one: JDMphasis: Project G37S: Exhausted That actual one is currently for sale: https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...-part-out.html What I'm not understanding is why you wouldn't choose the option designed for your car (which fits as is) rather than trying to buy an exhaust for a different car (GTR) and "make it fit"?
sorry about the confusion, the owner of the G that i posted, didn't buy the amuse exhaust for the G, he got the amuse for the gtr,claiming that the sound is way more better than the one which is designed for the G.
The idea itself was ***** my mind.thats all

For me am not decided to buy the amuse for gtr anymore.
I had to choose between 3 which i mentioned in my latest post, and i have no idea which one is the best.

The choice is hard for me and i need your help to decide which one to get.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

3 different price levels, different materials, all accomplish the same thing. I don't think any potential gains between the 3 of them are very different unless you have forced induction on your car. That being said, price will likely play will be a huge factor in which you choose. If you are ballin out of control and have $7.5K to spend on exhaust, by all means buy Bill's that's for sale in the classified link that I posted. It's the only one of those 3 with quad tips if that tickles your fancy. It's extremely unique.

The Meistershaft is less expensive but still somewhat baller. Titanium. Not very common as well.

The MD E370 is a gorgeous looking and sounding exhaust but stainless steel. It makes good gains, it sounds great, it's the least expensive of the 3. I have it and love it. It's great. But if I had $7500 to **** away on exhaust, I might sell it and buy Bill's.

I implore you to search for info, sound clips, and owners' thoughts on each and make your own decision. Nobody can tell you what you like. People who ask someone on a forum to help them decide on a car modification are like someone who asks a stranger what they should eat for dinner or what girl they should find attractive. How the hell do I know? Educate yourself on each and decide based on what's important to you.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:44 PM
G37Marco

Originally Posted by Black Betty
3 different price levels, different materials, all accomplish the same thing. I don't think any potential gains between the 3 of them are very different unless you have forced induction on your car. That being said, price will likely play will be a huge factor in which you choose. If you are ballin out of control and have $7.5K to spend on exhaust, by all means buy Bill's that's for sale in the classified link that I posted. It's the only one of those 3 with quad tips if that tickles your fancy. It's extremely unique. The Meistershaft is less expensive but still somewhat baller. Titanium. Not very common as well. The MD E370 is a gorgeous looking and sounding exhaust but stainless steel. It makes good gains, it sounds great, it's the least expensive of the 3. I have it and love it. It's great. But if I had $7500 to **** away on exhaust, I might sell it and buy Bill's. I implore you to search for info, sound clips, and owners' thoughts on each and make your own decision. Nobody can tell you what you like. People who ask someone on a forum to help them decide on a car modification are like someone who asks a stranger what they should eat for dinner or what girl they should find attractive. How the hell do I know? Educate yourself on each and decide based on what's important to you.
do you have any drone on the MD?
Old 01-21-2014, 02:03 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
This one is Bill's old exhaust he sold it to Nate ( owner of G in the pics ). This exhaust is custom made for G37 coupe with quad tip. If you really know the guy you better ask him again I'm pretty sure it's not GTR exhaust.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

do you have any drone on the MD?
Nope. It's louder than stock obviously so I can hear it while driving. But it doesn't drone at all.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Jack10525
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
1) There is no way an Amuse Catback will cost $1125 unless a machine gun fired a few clips at it.
Would the bullets make it cost more or less?

Quick Reply: G37 Coupe exhaust inquiry