Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

JUN BL dual twin catback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 AM
pkim4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JUN BL dual twin catback?

Anyone ever used JUN BL catbacks? Im currently stationed in Korea with the military and this company's rep is pretty good here, they have a catback system with optional dual twin pipes that look pretty nice for the G37 Coupe and Sedan that they custom make for you. Most of the links I found were in Korean, but heres a link with pix and a video at the bottom.

I am thinking about the FI but just wanted anyones opinion on these as I havent seen too much of their stuff in the states. Seems like FI also takes 2-3 months from what I have been reading on the forum.

http://blog.naver.com/jun_bl?Redirec...No=80177416160
http://www.cyworld.com/ssboom/10124326
Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
gtslo88

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow that looks Awesome and extremely different. Don't really understand the point of the two muffled pipes but sounds good, very unique.

I'm sure you'd be the first person on this forum with that catback, Go for it!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:49 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Nice find! The craftsmanship and design look really solid. I think it's safe to say you'd be the only one with that exahust.

Is Jun BL connected or an affiliate with Jun Auto Japan? Regardless, it would make a nice pickup and something unique and rare. Post a review and some videos if you purchase it.

Thanks for your service!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:39 PM
pkim4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I was doing a little more research last night. Apparently the dual twin pipes do have a purpose. From what I have been able to tell reading the text and looking at the pictures they install an electronic switch inside the car and at the axleback. When its set to 'normal' the exhaust flows through the muffler. When the switch is turned 'on' the exhaust bypasses the muffler and exits straight out the tailpipe. I think this is to increase the exhaust note volume. That seems like a pretty cool idea. Kinda like a 'stealth mode' concept. I wonder what positive or negative effects it has.

I have to find a shop that installs these so I havent been able to hear it in person. But I'll be sure to post some videos if I can find a place.
Attached Thumbnails JUN BL dual twin catback?-dsc_0503.jpg   JUN BL dual twin catback?-dsc_0505.jpg  
Old 03-09-2013, 11:51 PM
JPSBLACKG37

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts
That is wild. In for sound bytes!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Rikter

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sound bytes? look at the first link at the bottom. nothing but revving with and without the muffler interference.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by pkim4
So I was doing a little more research last night. Apparently the dual twin pipes do have a purpose. From what I have been able to tell reading the text and looking at the pictures they install an electronic switch inside the car and at the axleback. When its set to 'normal' the exhaust flows through the muffler. When the switch is turned 'on' the exhaust bypasses the muffler and exits straight out the tailpipe. I think this is to increase the exhaust note volume. That seems like a pretty cool idea. Kinda like a 'stealth mode' concept. I wonder what positive or negative effects it has.

I have to find a shop that installs these so I havent been able to hear it in person. But I'll be sure to post some videos if I can find a place.
The Top Secret exhaust also has variable sound options. This is really cool and a nice option to have. If you do pick up this exhaust... Take pics, videos and write a review.