Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Fast Intentions CF Round Muffler w/18' resonators and Upgraded X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 01:14 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fast Intentions CF Round Muffler w/18' resonators and Upgraded X-pipe

Preface: I previously owned the Tanabe CBE which aside from the unnecessary hassle of getting it aligned, I liked very much. I heard a lot about how the FI captured a great sound and deeper tone for the V36, but it wasn’t until I heard it in person that I actually pursued it. Because I didn’t want the loudest setup FI offers, I decided on the Carbon Fiber Round Mufflers w/18inch resonators and the upgraded x-pipe.

Customer Service: I placed my order on Nov 28, 2012 and my package arrived at my door on Feb 22, 2013. The communication was great for the better part of the production time. I asked for updates and for the most part I was given an answer. What I wasn’t too happy with was that I was not contacted prior to my final payment being processed. I was expecting to get an email or phone call informing me that my order was ready. Apparently they saved the card information that was provided for the down payment. Most businesses do not do that and I think a courtesy call, especially when the charge is of a significant amount, is in order. The only thing I received was an automated email from UPS with my tracking number. I was told that I would get the tracking number when the order shipped, but I wasn’t told that my card would automatically be charged upon completion of the build. Some may say that it was implied; I disagree and believe that something like that needs to be clear and concise.

The Product/Finish: The quality is nothing less that top notch. I’m grateful that we have companies in the US that can produce such a product; typically we seek JDM for mods. FI produced a grade A product from the design, to the welds and to the fitment, it was all great. The Carbon Fiber round mufflers IMO is the best looking muffler on the market…hands down!

Installation/Fitment: The installation is pretty straight forward and easy. I’ve installed three different systems onto my G so I am familiar with the install. What I wasn’t expecting was the removal of two things. I had to remove the heat shield from under the trunk bed and the plastic cover that protects the fuel line. Neither of which were difficult to do, I just didn’t know it was required. I haven't seen a thread that mentions this so I thought I would. The heat shield isn’t really needed as the design of the FI mufflers are different from the stock. The fitment was spot on and aligned perfectly without having to use force or modify anything. I have the IPL rear bumper and it sits perfectly.

Sound/Performance: I don’t DD my G so it’ll be a while before I break the exhaust in but I can definitely hear the potential. It’s still loud as a guy mentioned in a previous post but this isn’t my first go around so I know it takes time to adjust. I don’t have anything negative to say about the sound. It’s a beast exhaust system for a beast car. I’m not sure what some of your cars look like but for the look of my car, the FI CBE compliments it well. It’s everything everyone has said so far...the deep sound and tone that is complimentary to the original V36 sound. Most noticeably is the performance. I noticed a significant difference in the way the car is driving now since the install. Since the start of winter I had been driving with the stock exhaust. Prior to that I had the Tanabe CBE. I did not do a reset of the ECU when I reinstalled the stock. Maybe the car was still set to the Tanabe flow because when I drive the car now I get way better responses and the low end has improved significantly. I don’t even recall the car driving this good when I had the Tanabe. I don’t know how to better explain the difference, but I’ll take it. I will give a more in depth review as it breaks in but I have no regrets with the purchase and I am looking forward to keeping this system for the remainder of the time I own this G.

Last edited by BosMaSwaG37; 02-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad you like it. I love mine coupled with FI DRTPs.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Great writeup!