Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Cat Back

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Give it some time, but then again, sound is subjective. I've tried and heard many different setups and believe FI is one of the best in the market in terms of sound.

I've mated mine to an RB30DET and it still sounded awesome!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 PM
GotAir523

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I drive a 6mt, have the SS CBE with 12" resonators paired with rhfc and intake and like I said before, I couldn't be happier with the sound of my exhaust, especially when shifting and downshifting
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM
mister31704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd have to agree I wasn't fond of the FI set up either , call me crazy but I thought it sounded poopy which is y opted not to get it... I went a different route, I had a custom set up done and had a shop fabricate 2.1/4 in ss pipes from the cats back turning it into a true duel set up using the same exact design that the FI exhaust has except I still have my stock mufflers on. The sound I'm gettin outta it is just sick and its got that awesome Infiniti growl and I've got nothin but compliments on it so far. It's not to loud but loud enough to turn a head and make ya wonder what's under there lol I'm sure at some point ill add some mufflers but I'm really happy with the way it sounds an performs right now .. Just my 2 cents
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 PM
venzz

Originally Posted by mister31704
I'd have to agree I wasn't fond of the FI set up either , call me crazy but I thought it sounded poopy which is y opted not to get it... I went a different route, I had a custom set up done and had a shop fabricate 2.1/4 in ss pipes from the cats back turning it into a true duel set up using the same exact design that the FI exhaust has except I still have my stock mufflers on. The sound I'm gettin outta it is just sick and its got that awesome Infiniti growl and I've got nothin but compliments on it so far. It's not to loud but loud enough to turn a head and make ya wonder what's under there lol I'm sure at some point ill add some mufflers but I'm really happy with the way it sounds an performs right now .. Just my 2 cents
Wow thats what im looking for, a true dual pipe with a slightly louder infiniti growl and more power. I think im gonna let the fi go cause it sounds so much like a fart can. I compare it with my buddies honda accord with a fart can and it sounds similar which is just sad.

Wonder how does the IpL exhuast sound like? Its a true dual but does it have the infiniti growl?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:07 PM
showme99
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Venzz, you should give the FI exhaust a few months to break-in. I had a catback exhaust on my last vehicle, and the sound definitely changed over time. If the exhaust has broken-in and you still can't stand the sound, you may want to check out the Stillen exhaust. Based on youtube videos, the Stillen exhaust seems to give a deeper, stock-sounding tone, but it's not as deep or as loud as the FI exhaust. Maybe someone who has actually owned both of these exhausts can chime in on this.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:43 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I owned the Stillen before and it was a waste of money in my opinion. I rather keep the stock then go Stillen. Stillen is a good brand but the sound of their exhaust isn't worth thr money. From Stillen I went with Tanabe CBE and I loved it. The Tanabe sound blows Stillen out of the water if you ask me. You don't have to be at high speeds with the Tanabe to hear it and it just sounded mean if you ask me. I found nothing about Stillen to be deep sounding or mean. I've moved onto FI CBE because I heard it in person and it sounded sicker than the Tanabe. I'll give my offical review of the FI CBE when it gets here next week.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
^ never liked Stillen. sound or even them rusting on you within short period of time. I also had 3 setup of FI exhaust sounds good an but too loud for VA and got pulled over I guess RTP and no resonator on the x pipe = too loud..... Now I am on IPL exhaust and it sounds quite. This weekend I am changing it to amuse and resonated motordyne xyz pipe and stock cat, I will review it later. If it's not too loud I will put on a FI RHFC.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 PM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GTLAW has the CF FI CBE with the upgraded X-pipe, which is exactly what I bought, and he is running it on stock cats and from what I heard in person, it isn't too loud...or at least not loud just to be loud. Just a deep tone that demands attention

Originally Posted by Kevalteam
^ never liked Stillen. sound or even them rusting on you within short period of time. I also had 3 setup of FI exhaust sounds good an but too loud for VA and got pulled over I guess RTP and no resonator on the x pipe = too loud..... Now I am on IPL exhaust and it sounds quite. This weekend I am changing it to amuse and resonated motordyne xyz pipe and stock cat, I will review it later. If it's not too loud I will put on a FI RHFC.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Get an ark exhaust and call it a day
Old 02-15-2013, 05:29 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
I added the Injen ShortRam intake system last week! All I can is wow, the sound from the F.I is now even deeper and there is more air going through it! I will post up sound clips soon!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 PM
venzz

Originally Posted by Kevalteam
Hey man how does the ipl exhaust sound in comparison to stock?

I just put my stock on, gonna sell the fi cbe.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Yang88she

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much you selling your FI CBE for and where are you located?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 AM
venzz

Originally Posted by Yang88she
How much you selling your FI CBE for and where are you located?
California, sf bayarea, send me a PM