Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Tekeda CAI install HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyocyteX
Dude, Patience is a virtue. You need to assemble everything loosely. Yes, the couplers that run through the front are loose, but as you assemble and fit everything you can use a long screw driver or nut driver to tighten the clamps a little at a time. The one on the left requires a longer driver that you can stick through one of the holes in the top of the front support/beam area. Thus, you need to grab the clamp when it is loose and turn the whole thing to align with your screw driver. Then, keeping your hand around the clamp and pipe, apply pressure with the driver and turn. This was indeed a tight area to work in and there is only one way to get that passenger side clamp. You NEED to be patient, and fit, test fit, check fit, check fit again, BEFORE tightening all the clamps.

You CAN do this! Now get out there and try again!
"Put me in the game coach. We can DO IT!!!"
Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 AM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
"Put me in the game coach. We can DO IT!!!"
Go get 'em slugger!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyocyteX
Go get 'em slugger!
HAHAHA!!! Man your reply was very motivational. Hopefully the OP gives it another go.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:14 PM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The way I did mine was I trimmed the plastic where the couplers go through a little, then clamped the coupler to the engine tubes and push it through from the inside of the engine bay towards the front. Once that's done then the front tubing and filters go on easy. As for the h bracket it's a 2 part assembly, you gotta take off the foam part and in the takeda box there is a very long screw that goes with the h bracket, you gotta press the h bracket down until it passes the bumper support and then you put the screw in both holes on the bottom of the h bracket n tighten.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Make sure your front piping the tabs are lined up with the h bracket...I suck at explaining this just take a look at the thread I started of my install ...
Old 06-20-2012, 04:38 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
HAHAHA!!! Man your reply was very motivational. Hopefully the OP gives it another go.
haha - Thanks bud. You know I really was trying to help! I hate to see the OP give up for such a minor set back.

Originally Posted by daren_ipl
The way I did mine was I trimmed the plastic where the couplers go through a little, then clamped the coupler to the engine tubes and push it through from the inside of the engine bay towards the front. Once that's done then the front tubing and filters go on easy. As for the h bracket it's a 2 part assembly, you gotta take off the foam part and in the takeda box there is a very long screw that goes with the h bracket, you gotta press the h bracket down until it passes the bumper support and then you put the screw in both holes on the bottom of the h bracket n tighten.
I checked out your thread and I like that you went ahead and cut. It just makes more sense to open them up if you have the time and materials.

OP - did you try again?