Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help me pick an intake and HFC

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:11 AM
PENROSE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Help me pick an intake and HFC

Newb here. Just got my 2010 G37x sedan last week with 13,000 miles on it. Already got the mod bug going and am anxious to get the 7sp tranny update too.

My Tanabe exhaust got here today and plan on putting it on asap haha. Windows getting tinted tomorrow morning. Now I am looking at some intakes and HFC's. I don't want raspy ricer sound. I am 40 years old....but I still like a mean sounding exhaust. Looking for a deeper, slightly louder growl. The stock exhaust on the sedan is NOT acceptable, to me anyway.

Here are two intakes I am looking at.

#1. R2C
#2. Takeda Attack

Here are two HFC's I am looking at.

#1. Invidia
#2. Kinetix

Which do you think would pair up well with the Tanabe, keeping in mind The sound I am looking for.

Once again, thanks for helping a newb.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:35 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PENROSE
Newb here. Just got my 2010 G37x sedan last week with 13,000 miles on it. Already got the mod bug going and am anxious to get the 7sp tranny update too.

My Tanabe exhaust got here today and plan on putting it on asap haha. Windows getting tinted tomorrow morning. Now I am looking at some intakes and HFC's. I don't want raspy ricer sound. I am 40 years old....but I still like a mean sounding exhaust. Looking for a deeper, slightly louder growl. The stock exhaust on the sedan is NOT acceptable, to me anyway.

Here are two intakes I am looking at.

#1. R2C
#2. Takeda Attack

Here are two HFC's I am looking at.

#1. Invidia
#2. Kinetix

Which do you think would pair up well with the Tanabe, keeping in mind The sound I am looking for.

Once again, thanks for helping a newb.
I'd like either intake, never seen tests on filter quality between the two but like the downward facing MAF on the takeda and the black chrome of the R2C.. ine meni mino mo. I'm sure they both sound equally well and may give a slight nod toward R2C for the better heatshields, once underway intake is ambient air temp, same as you'd get with a CAI. Be interesting to see what Takeda gets for intake temp when moving.

I'd be careful with HFC and Tanabe, I remember reading someone that had both got rasp, one reason I never did do HFC, just Tanabe and Y-pipe and I'm happy.. got my 20+Hp after tune.. done.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 PM
burtonsnowbds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard good things about the r2c, thats what im going to end up doing. Sounds really nice too.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:42 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Just installed my takeda last week and love the sound. I painted the tubes satin black with vht engine enamel (pics posted on here elsewhere) so it looks great and low key.
Fitment is tricky- you have to really check all of the seal points and make sure there's no rubbing as there are several opportunities for contact with the chassis, which will generate buzzing (I had and fixed this problem).
Overall I really like my intake, and I still think it's an ingenious design which is why I chose it in the first place.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:44 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Also, I will be getting a set of fast intentions resonated high flow cats. These apparently have the most refined sound due to the perforated core straight-through resonator.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:30 AM
ericmadGRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my r2c's a few weeks ago on a group buy.. love the way they look and sound
Old 06-15-2012, 08:17 PM
2009G37Bandit

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm 40 too. LOL I got a 2009 G37 Sedan, Black on Black. These Cars are FUN to drive, BUT, they are not easy to Mod. meaning, they don't pick up much on basic mods: Intake, Exhaust, etc.

I have a 2001 C5 Corvette 600 +HP! When you get an Intake on that, you pick up10-15. I STILL aminterested in some mods.

Had car 2 weeks and JUST got Aluminum Pedals in today (Brake, Gas, dead, Parking Brake). I heard Sways are great. Did them on my Bette and it was a Huge Difference.

I am looking for an intake (going to research the one you mentioned). Exhaust I need to think about.

I WISH there was some mods that really made it haul *** without going to the extreme of a Stilen Supercharger. THAT would be fun, BUT this is my daily driver and work car. I am a Banker. LOL

Great cars! Also want to do the NAV Hack. Do I need Springs TOO, or will sways alone do a good Job?

Thanks Guys

Bandit..............