Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Installed FI resonated hfcs...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Installed FI resonated hfcs...

...and I love them! At first there wasn't much of a difference in sound and performance and I noticed more of an exhaust smell...but now that they are warmed up/broken in (drove 3hrs to Orlando after having them installed) they are awesome! The sound is louder and deeper than stock. Even at idle there is a noticeable difference...at WOT it sounds even better. No rasp and no drone at all. No more exhaust smell. The car also seems more responsive and I don't notice as much lag. I guess the best endorsement I can give is that as soon as my wife got in the car and I started it, she immediately looked at me and said, "ok what did you do to it now?" lol. I'm extremely happy with them. Looking forward to adding the FI catback.

For those of you that have them, the hfcs came with gaskets for one end but not for the other. Is that normal or was the other set of gaskets left out of my order?

FWIW I tried to take a video clip of the new and improved exhaust sound, but I couldn't get a good recording with my cell phone.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Wow very nice I have been looking at this for a while now. Would you mind telling me how much it costs and how long it took you to get it. I'm glad to hear that there is no hiss or smell because those were the two things keeping me away from any HFCS. Plus did they throw any CEL or anything. Please let me know. Thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 09:32 AM
YewWanSum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been wanting a set of TP's/HFCS...but so far cant find any that dont have bad hiss/rasp when used in conjunction with my Ark exhaust...im jealous!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 AM
SmoovE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Pat

For those of you that have them, the hfcs came with gaskets for one end but not for the other. Is that normal or was the other set of gaskets left out of my order?

FWIW I tried to take a video clip of the new and improved exhaust sound, but I couldn't get a good recording with my cell phone.
The FI HFCs and TPs only come with gaskets going to the y pipe. I ended buying header to cat gaskets from Berk.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
jmurbas

So glad to hear. I opted to add a full CBE to my order so all won't be here until August.
Thanks for the heads up on the header to cat gaskets and your reply, SmoovE.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 AM
SmoovE

Originally Posted by jmurbas
So glad to hear. I opted to add a full CBE to my order so all won't be here until August.
Thanks for the heads up on the header to cat gaskets and your reply, SmoovE.
No problem.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Are the header to cat gaskets a necessity? Or will I be ok without them? The shop that installed the cats put some liquid sealant between the headers and the cats...is that sufficient?

It took two weeks for them to be built...FI makes most of their products to order. Then it took about 3 days to ship them from CA to FL. The prices are listed on the FI webpage. Give Tony a call and he'll answer any questions you may have
Old 05-26-2012, 10:54 AM
GotAir523

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
i actually did my exhaust and cats on monday of this week, there was no gasket to the headers, we put a silicone sealent on that end to seal it, its what the directions said to do, it should be fine. the entire project took us about 6 hours, mostly because getting the stock cats off were impossible. when everyone says the top bolt is hard to get off, they weren't kidding. the cats alone were the hardest part, everything else was pretty easy. i have a video on my thread (the birthday present thread) of the car with just the resonated cats on and no exhaust, sounds like a v8.