Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review R2C Intake, Z1Motorsports Hoses, Penzoil Ultra. (PICS INCL)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:26 PM
supadice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R2C Intake, Z1Motorsports Hoses, Penzoil Ultra. (PICS INCL)

This past weekend I installed the R2C Intake, changed all my hoses, and switched brands of motor oil.

I started with the intake. R2C makes a quality product and all the components of the kit are top notch except for the hose they supply you for the PCV side breather hose that attaches to the nipple on the intake. Also the instructions can be better. For better installation instructions, use the guide that is supplied on Infinitig37.com.

The installation was a breeze, and enjoyable. As mentioned before the only complaint I had was that one hose they supply. To remedy this, I used the hose that Z1 motorsports sells. Again its the PCV breather side hose. Along with the PCV side breather hose, I also installed the full radiator hose kit, and the front PCV breather hoses. All the hoses are of great quality and perfect length. Also very easy to install. The only part that takes a little extra work is flushing out the coolant from the radiator, which is not hard, just an extra step.

The last part of my day was changing my oil. For my first two oil changes I used Mobil 1 along with the Mobil 1 filter. After reading a post on another forum, describing a switch to Penzoil Ultra, I decided to give it a try. The results were very positive. The car runs much smoother with Penzoil Ultra, and is a bit more quiet. The engine internals seem to be running much, much, much smoother with more ease. The car feels great. I still used the Mobil 1 filter.

After installing everything, it was time for a test drive. I am so happy with the intake. The sound is the first thing you notice when driving. It sounds beastly. Nice, deep and loud when WOT. I also noticed it make my exhaust note a little deeper, (should pair nicely with my FI exhaust coming in about a month). The beauty of this system is that you hear it when you want to. When just cruising its not noticeable, unless you are in a higher gear and give it some gas, then you just hear a nice deep, low rumble, which is awesome. When you punch the gas its screams. As for power, the car does seem to pull a little harder in the mid range. Overall a great experience with all the parts, great additions to the vehicle. Hope you enjoy the pics. http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_2349.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Legz (04-12-2013)
Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
DeamonG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good bro waiting to pick up my r2c as well. Are the aftermarket hoses thicker, or looks What was the purpose of the hose change?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM
supadice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The hose is really cheap and flimsy. And if you buy the aftermarket pair they are the perfect length and shape so you don't have to mess around with getting the stock ones to fit.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:09 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
I have a question, the side Breather hoses! I head someone on the z forms for a miss fire when installed. Also the little boxs that are on the OEM Breather hoses don't they keep oil out of the intakes?