Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

First Mod: G3 CAI

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 AM
shnakaratu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin, I'm crazy jealous at the moment. I have to wait another day before they even get here. 3 hour install huh? Looks like my saturday afternoon is all booked up haha hopefully my girlfriend will be a good sport and help me install this even though she didnt exactly approve of my purchase
Old 04-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by shnakaratu
Austin, I'm crazy jealous at the moment. I have to wait another day before they even get here. 3 hour install huh? Looks like my saturday afternoon is all booked up haha hopefully my girlfriend will be a good sport and help me install this even though she didnt exactly approve of my purchase
look at it as a good chance to bond with her you will need somebody to hold the pipes where you want them while you tighten down. girls also love organizing stuff, so give her the duty of keeping track of bolts and hardware.

Stillen says to use the longer studded air filter on the passenger side, but i couldnt get it to fit with the splash guard, the radiator support bracket was in the way. other than that i would work one side at a time, and make sure you get the lower pipes in there with the filter bolted up before you start tweaking fitment.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 PM
shnakaratu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major set back on the install. I went ahead and opened my baby up and did the necessary modifications so that everything would fit nice. When the box came in, turns out they had sent me the wrong intake. I got the one for the 370Z. The tubes were too long and did not fit at all. So now I have to ship it back and wait for it to come back in. -__-
Old 04-21-2012, 05:00 AM
Alaa Wehbeh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
thats gay......
Old 04-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by shnakaratu
Major set back on the install. I went ahead and opened my baby up and did the necessary modifications so that everything would fit nice. When the box came in, turns out they had sent me the wrong intake. I got the one for the 370Z. The tubes were too long and did not fit at all. So now I have to ship it back and wait for it to come back in. -__-
That ish sucks!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Alaa Wehbeh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Would you really feel the gain after installing CAI, or do you need a tune ?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
took off my grille again to tweak pipe placement again as i was getting some rubbing. i found placing rubber tubing cut down the middle over the ridge in the openings kept vibrations and sound to a min. this thing is mean looking.

Name:  jPEga.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  503 Bytes