Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Takeda Cold Air Intake and exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 PM
YetiTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Takeda Cold Air Intake and exhaust question

Hello everybody!

Well spring is upon us in Ontario and monday, the winter wheels come off and the summer set-up comes on, I can't wait.

After reviewing the intakes and exhausts option for the G37xS Coupe, I had a couple question for those of you who ywould like to give me their thoughts.

1) I would like to install the Takeda CAI for 2 reasons: dry filter and no cutting since I lease the car. Since I read the couplings were rather cheap, did anyone thought about buying 45 degrees coupler of higher quality and simply cutting them to the length needed? That way, one could have quality couplers, a dry filter and not having to cut the car.

2) After debatting for the exhaust, I will probably settle for a single Exhaust Depot Y-pipe since I love the sound of the exhaust as it is. I would take it a little louder but I'm afraid installing a FI or Stillen (fits AWD) exhaust might make it too lound for my taste. How's the quality of Exhaust Depot Y-Pipe for those who have it? I've read it fits AWD and I love the flex sections they use contrary to Stillen who do not...

Many thanks for your input, it is appreciated!
-YetiTL