Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help!! Engine keep stalling after warm up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Bender55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! Engine keep stalling after warm up!

Hi guys! Since this winter i have a bit of an issue with my G37. When i start the car the first time, there is no problem, the engine runs smooth. But after driving it for 20-30min and let it pause for like 10-15 min i push the push button start, the car crank and then it dies right after. it can do it at least 2 or 3 time before it crank normal and the engine can maintain the rpm. I went to my dealership and they were not able to reproduce the problem. I have searched the forum several times and i found that there was a tsb about a certain valve related from the battery but they said that this valve was okay and that my battery was also okay (i changed it in december). So now they told me that i need to do a throttle body cleaning and that's was the cause of the intermittent stalling of the engine. They asking 110$ to do the job. I am a little skeptic about cleaning the throttle body because from what i've heard, our engine does not relate on the throttle body for startup, the vvel system is the one in charge. What do you think i should do? is there anyone over here who have the same issue?!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...le-bodies.html

I followed this and it literally took me a little over an hour from start to finish. Cleaning the throttle bodies is VERY easy. Don't pay the stealer to do it....just DIY!

Find it hard to believe that is the TB that causing this problem. Sounds to me like a MAFS or a vacuum hose problem.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:50 AM
cy7878

My understanding is that TB causes rough idle and fluctuating RPM all the time. Your case of these intermittent issues sound more electrical to me. Others can chime in. Did your car throw a OBD code? Usually these stalling problems will throw a code you can read with a reader, but not always.

From cars I have owned in the past that had issues similar, I would guess ECM module or its relays; early sign of fuel pump going out, FI, coil packs.....
Old 04-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Bender55

My rpm is totally normal when i drive and when i am at a stoplight with the engine running. When i brought the car to the dealership, they told me that there was no code with the obd scanner and they were not able to reproduce the problem even after keeping the car for 2 days!! My bumper to bumper warranty is going out in 3 days and i really don't know what else to do
Old 04-02-2012, 02:24 AM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had a similar issue with my car... would press start buttom, IP would start and die off... it did this a few times on that start attempt... this was a few months ago and it happened again last weekend... took like 6 attempts to get it to start and finally it did... turned it off and tried again and it took like 5 attemps to get it to start... so i went straight to th dealership...

dropped it off on saturday and didnt get it back until friday... had a loaner though... so they couldnt find an issue as they went from 1 tech to 3 different techs on this one and they didnt want to return the car until they found the issue... they had to get an infiniti engineer to come down and figure it out and he said it was the throttle chamber.. got this replaced under warranty...

have them scope that out... if warranty can replace it, dont care how long it takes them... guess it might be same issue... anyways, if it is, thought i would share...
Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 AM
frty9rsfn

car always behaved normal... just a few times did this start up issue happen... GL
Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 AM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
is 100% TB problem. Clean the TB's (both of them) then will be OK.
The operation take about 10-15 minutes.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Bender55

Originally Posted by frty9rsfn
i had a similar issue with my car... would press start buttom, IP would start and die off... it did this a few times on that start attempt... this was a few months ago and it happened again last weekend... took like 6 attempts to get it to start and finally it did... turned it off and tried again and it took like 5 attemps to get it to start... so i went straight to th dealership...

dropped it off on saturday and didnt get it back until friday... had a loaner though... so they couldnt find an issue as they went from 1 tech to 3 different techs on this one and they didnt want to return the car until they found the issue... they had to get an infiniti engineer to come down and figure it out and he said it was the throttle chamber.. got this replaced under warranty...

have them scope that out... if warranty can replace it, dont care how long it takes them... guess it might be same issue... anyways, if it is, thought i would share...
My car don't die this much on me when i crank it. It happen only 1 or 2 time and the third time it starts without any problems. I guess i will try the throttle body cleaning to see if it solve the problem. Do you think that this issue is covered on the powertrain warranty because my bumper to bumper warranty will be out wednesday??
Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
frty9rsfn

Originally Posted by Bender55
My car don't die this much on me when i crank it. It happen only 1 or 2 time and the third time it starts without any problems. I guess i will try the throttle body cleaning to see if it solve the problem. Do you think that this issue is covered on the powertrain warranty because my bumper to bumper warranty will be out wednesday??
My car hadnt been having this problem... but it did it twice at other times but it turned on both times at the 2nd or 3rd try... then went months without the issue... then it did it last weekend and it took the amount of times mentioned on earlier post... so i had to take it in...

like i said, warranty covered it... so it should cover you too... take it in while u can...

once i got there, they turned it off and back on a few times without it dying or it struggling... but they took care of that throttle chamber... got it replaced.. might be the same issue... does it sound like it the same????
Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
frty9rsfn

definitely covered by the warranty... specially if its the bumper to bumper warranty