Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Sedan: Has anyone tried doing this to the stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 AM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Sedan: Has anyone tried doing this to the stock exhaust?

For the Sedan - it looks like we have MOST of a full split dual exhaust. Has anyone removed the Y and simply added pipes from Cat to resonators? Maybe add an X pipe to help out?

Wondering what that would sound like...
Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 AM
jepva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MalbecG37S
For the Sedan - it looks like we have MOST of a full split dual exhaust. Has anyone removed the Y and simply added pipes from Cat to resonators? Maybe add an X pipe to help out?

Wondering what that would sound like...
Would probably be a bit louder and perhaps free up some air flow due to a more direct path.

You could probably get this done custom at a decent exhaust shop, however, I havn't looked past the cats but is there any place to put dual straight pipes back to the resonators? Not sure there would be space and would hang too low..

My current plan is to get HFCs and keep the stock muffler/resonators. From what I've read HFCs + any aftermarket is raspy and drones. That's the case with almost any car..but the stock mufflers and resonators are very good at controlling the tone and rasp so I'm thinking it will sound OK. I also don't want drone. I did this on my GTI and it sounded great.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Dont know exactly how that would sound but I did do HFCs with stock y and mid pipe with Tanabe axle back mufflers. No drone, nice quiet ride until I get on it. Under load it sound sweet.