Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Just finished installing R2C's, I think I have battery issues!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
whatthefoie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished installing R2C's, I think I have battery issues!

Hey guys,

I just finished installing my R2C intakes, i followed this guide:

Infiniti G37 R2C installation instruction how to.

Before i started the installation i disconnected the negative battery cable..

when i was done i made sure all of my screws were fasted and all was well, so i reconnected the negative battery cable and gave my car the start.

the weird thing is that my stations were still there.. i thought they are supposed to reset after disconnecting the battery?

also the biggest one is that for my light dial, when i switch it to OFF, the interior lights go on, but when i turn it to auto the interior lights turn off and the headlights turn on.

i dont know if it was like this before but now my windows will only auto roll down, but not auto roll up.

can anyone help me here?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
everything you said sounds normal.

1. i believe the radio has a mini battery in it so that you don't lose your stations unless the battery is unplugged for a LOOOOONG time.

2. the lights thing, idk if that was doing that before or not.......

3. the windows thing is normal. to reset this, roll the window all the way down, wait a second, then click and hold the switch up like your rolling up the windows but don't let go for like 5 seconds.....do that for both sides and they'll reset.

good luck.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 PM
whatthefoie

Originally Posted by Mattster
everything you said sounds normal.

1. i believe the radio has a mini battery in it so that you don't lose your stations unless the battery is unplugged for a LOOOOONG time.

2. the lights thing, idk if that was doing that before or not.......

3. the windows thing is normal. to reset this, roll the window all the way down, wait a second, then click and hold the switch up like your rolling up the windows but don't let go for like 5 seconds.....do that for both sides and they'll reset.

good luck.
1. Ah, interesting to hear that.

2. I dont think it was doing that before.. however when i took my car for a spin i just adjusted the light brightness and i was able to change some things back. im just wondering if anyone else noticed what happened to me

3. great, thanks for the help!

now when it comes to just the overall noise of the exhaust.. i didnt listen to my engine with the stock intakes so i cant compare.. but i think my intakes are okay? should there be NO vibrations or rattling AT ALL?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 AM
ayarj12
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i know nothing about the engine or that stuff, but i don't think that vibrations or rattles should happen a lot, with the 5AT or 7AT. i've read in some places that in the manual transmissions the transmission rattles when you turn the car off.

any friendly advice for someone who's installing their R2C Maxxflow's in a couple days?

(I'm following the same guide as you are)
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 AM
whatthefoie

Originally Posted by ayarj12
i know nothing about the engine or that stuff, but i don't think that vibrations or rattles should happen a lot, with the 5AT or 7AT. i've read in some places that in the manual transmissions the transmission rattles when you turn the car off.

any friendly advice for someone who's installing their R2C Maxxflow's in a couple days?

(I'm following the same guide as you are)
I've been running the car for almost a week now and everything seems alright. i think i might post a video soon of the intake.

advice? humm.. well when i unboxed everything, i looked at the parts list and made sure all the parts were in the box. it was a good thing i did because the washers and lock washers were missing from my kit! so i had to go to home depot and buy some..

other then that.. once the intake itself was put together it was all very straight forward.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
ayarj12
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great thanks. I finally got it installed this weekend and it sounds really nice! However, I think I've noticed a slight drop in power....is that even possible? or am I just paranoid? Have you noticed anything different?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by ayarj12
Great thanks. I finally got it installed this weekend and it sounds really nice! However, I think I've noticed a slight drop in power....is that even possible? or am I just paranoid? Have you noticed anything different?
When you install any intake the power curve gets adjusted by the ecu. It felt very different after I changed out my oem intake. You're not paranoid, but there's no power loss and it's definitely gonna feel different.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If you still have trouble with the lights.. just disconnect the battery again and let the power drain out; ie: wait 10 mins.. then reconnect. I didn't have a light issue, but had a window reset issue, as in they wouldn't. But after a 2nd disconnect the reset worked fine. I was removing the steering wheel and didn't want to kill myself with an airbag in my lap
Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 AM
DeamonG37s

Great lookin intakes under the hood