Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Intake vs K&N drop in...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:36 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
1.Now you've graduated from IDIOT to CHILDISH...
I find it amusing how you call me a childish idiot when you're the one calling names.
2. Check my "join date"...I'm not new. I've been here a lot longer than you. So I don't need your advice on how to work a forum.
The more of a reason why you should know better.
3. Lastly, there are exactly "0" threads that I found that directly compare a drop-in K&N to a Gen3 Stillen kit...which is why I started a thread. I SEARCHED FIRST! Maybe my life didn't allow me to sit here going page after page searching for hours. I found my answer from the HELPFUL people... You just contributed negative energy. So again, you have NO point. Don't try to rationalize your purpose. I've seen several of your posts. You are consistently an azz... only an azz WOULD come into a forum just to say "search". You can have the last word now...
Your question about a drop in vs a CAI is as obvious as what happens if you **** into the wind. A CAI adds tubes that extend to the front of the grille where the coolest air is available, it is also built with smooth bends and minimal bottle necks for better flow. A drop in still relies on the restrictive factory intakes that draws warm underhood air. You're an engineer, this answer should be obvious to you. short answer is yes, a CAI will yield more power and a drop in will yield nothing but placebo effect. In fact a new paper filter flows almost as good as a clean K&N. And filters the air much better too. That's why people claim noticeable results when they get a K&N, because they're replacing their dirty paper filters for clean K&N's.

And you're right, I could of just ignored this thread, but where's the fun in that? Any time you post in a forum, you should be willing to receive both the good, and the bad.

P.S. just because you invited me to have the last word, doesn't make you the "bigger man". You lost that point the second you started to call me names.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Wyldfyer

Not 100% the case, sir. Sometimes if the tube is TOO LONG you can lose power because it takes too long to receive the air in the first place... You can't just have infinitely long tubes in the name of getting "cold" air into your engine. For instance, on the G35, you are better off dropping in a K&N then you are putting in an intake because the stock box lets in the air from outside, instead of the air in the engine bay.

What's OBVIOUS is that YOU aren't aware of all the fraudulent "CAI" systems on the market.

So you wrote all of that thesis for no reason... This is why we ask people who have already done it. Mind your business next time if you don't have valuable input.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:11 PM
1NEETO

Lol you're picking at straws now man. Of course you can't have long tubes that extend to the roof and expect it to give you gains, hence the never ending CAI vs SRI debate! I thought it was obvious I was talking about the stillen long tubes which are known to be well-designed if not the best designed CAI for our cars. How do I know this? Because this forum is flooded with info about intakes, Stillen in particular.

I am well aware of the crap that's out there, especially eBay. Working and modding cars is something I've been doing for a very long time.