Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Air Intake Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 PM
AllReD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NCHIINFMNGR
his direct is 866-275-1294
I'll give him a call that's for sure.

Though Margaret (stillen rep) in a second convo said that she spoke with management and the told her that the Gen 2 won't fit either.

I'll speak to JR,, but for the hell of it I'll try getting a used R2C or Gen 2.

Anyone willing to sell, then PM me.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:57 AM
lkoh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Air Intake Help - from another V36 250GT (JDM)

Hi AllReD,

This thread is almost a month old, but I thought to clear some of your questions.
I have the very same 09 Nissan Skyline V36 250GT (JDM),

The Stillen Gen 3 (sku SKU 402849 for 07-08 G35) fits and works very well.
Hope this answers your question.
If you're interested I'll post up firsthand what other aftermarket stuff fits on this JDM 250GT. I've put on sway bars, strut bars, rear braces, all meant for the 08 G35/ 09+G37.

I'm on an island too. Singapore?
Attached Thumbnails Air Intake Help-stillen-gen3-fits-jdm-250gt.jpg  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:11 AM
AllReD

Originally Posted by lkoh
Hi AllReD,

This thread is almost a month old, but I thought to clear some of your questions.
I have the very same 09 Nissan Skyline V36 250GT (JDM),

The Stillen Gen 3 (sku SKU 402849 for 07-08 G35) fits and works very well.
Hope this answers your question.
If you're interested I'll post up firsthand what other aftermarket stuff fits on this JDM 250GT. I've put on sway bars, strut bars, rear braces, all meant for the 08 G35/ 09+G37.

I'm on an island too. Singapore?
Hi Ikoh,

Thanks a mil man, I almost gave up on trying to find something, you're the only one I've met online with this puppy and have been successful in modding it.

How does the stillen hold up to the rain in your neck of the woods, I am in Caribbean and it does tend to come down wicked at times not to mention your occasional standing puddles of water. For this reason I was hoping to go with the RC2 Short Ram Intakes or another SRI.

BTW was the Stillen installation straight forward, you know it was meant for LHD cars.

Please post what upgrades you've done and the parts from which Infiniti model you used.

Sorry for the late response but I figured the post just went dead after a few weeks. Thanks man.

Last edited by AllReD; 12-20-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 PM
lkoh

Originally Posted by AllReD
Hi Ikoh,

Thanks a mil man, I almost gave up on trying to find something, you're the only one I've met online with this puppy and have been successful in modding it.
Yups. I know what you mean. I haven't found a "myg25.com" equivalent.

How does the stillen hold up to the rain in your neck of the woods, I am in Caribbean and it does tend to come down wicked at times not to mention your occasional standing puddles of water. For this reason I was hoping to go with the RC2 Short Ram Intakes or another SRI.
Ah. I am in the tropics and I get an annual rainfall of 2,343 mm (92 inches) of rain per year. I read that Eastern Caribbean gets up to 3,000 mm (!)
The Stillen hasn't blown up yet, and short of a flood, I suspect it never will. I am running without the provided rain shield

BTW was the Stillen installation straight forward, you know it was meant for LHD cars.
More or less straight forward. It was difficult to fit the left (battery) side tube, but I did it without having to cut any metal. There was a mini chicane on that side though. I'll add a picture later. I saw a few reviews from our LHD folks with the same fitment gripes, so it was not due to LHD vs RHD.

Please post what upgrades you've done and the parts from which Infiniti model you used.
1) Mods you might be interested in
-Stillen Generation 3 Ultra Long Tube Dual Intake Kit 08+ G35 sku: 402849
-GTSPEC Front Tower Brace for 07+G35 Sedan sku: GTS-SUS-1320
-Hotchkis front + rear sway bar set, 370Z sku: 22441
These work, so the Eibachs / Stillen bars will work
-GT Spec Rear 2 Point Tie Brace sku: GTS-SUS-1087
-GT Spec Rear M Shape Brace sku: GTS-SUS-1349
-Sound system
If you have a non-bose, there is another thread going on in G37 Sedan section that is growing into a diy.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...b-install.html
-Oil catch can (9mm inlet) x2
Let me know if you are interested, I'll post a writeup on this. Your 2011 has
2) Other mods
- Throttle body coolant bypass
- Grounding
- Removed "dynamic damper" from stock exhaust
I saved 10 lbs from this, honest. Let me know if you are interested, I'll post a writeup.

3) Mods in progress, I'll keep you posted if they work
- Tanabe Sustec S-0C Coilovers sku# TSC130
I am putting this together next week
- Quaife LSD sku# QDF10L for automatics
Don't know when this will get started. I've been waiting for the longest time for this to ship.

Not to confuse the issue, but seeing how our stock intakes are already well designed and the same size for our heavy breathing 3.7L counterparts, we may see lesser (performance) gains from going aftermarket.

Sorry for the late response but I figured the post just went dead after a few weeks. Thanks man.
no probs. Glad I could help.

I wish there was a G25 factory service manual (FSM)!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:40 AM
AllReD

Yups. I know what you mean. I haven't found a "myg25.com" equivalent.

Ah. I am in the tropics and I get an annual rainfall of 2,343 mm (92 inches) of rain per year. I read that Eastern Caribbean gets up to 3,000 mm (!)
The Stillen hasn't blown up yet, and short of a flood, I suspect it never will. I am running without the provided rain shield

More or less straight forward. It was difficult to fit the left (battery) side tube, but I did it without having to cut any metal. There was a mini chicane on that side though. I'll add a picture later. I saw a few reviews from our LHD folks with the same fitment gripes, so it was not due to LHD vs RHD.

1) Mods you might be interested in
-Stillen Generation 3 Ultra Long Tube Dual Intake Kit 08+ G35 sku: 402849
-GTSPEC Front Tower Brace for 07+G35 Sedan sku: GTS-SUS-1320
-Hotchkis front + rear sway bar set, 370Z sku: 22441
These work, so the Eibachs / Stillen bars will work
-GT Spec Rear 2 Point Tie Brace sku: GTS-SUS-1087
-GT Spec Rear M Shape Brace sku: GTS-SUS-1349
-Sound system
If you have a non-bose, there is another thread going on in G37 Sedan section that is growing into a diy.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...b-install.html
-Oil catch can (9mm inlet) x2
Let me know if you are interested, I'll post a writeup on this. Your 2011 has
2) Other mods
- Throttle body coolant bypass
- Grounding
- Removed "dynamic damper" from stock exhaust
I saved 10 lbs from this, honest. Let me know if you are interested, I'll post a writeup.

3) Mods in progress, I'll keep you posted if they work
- Tanabe Sustec S-0C Coilovers sku# TSC130
I am putting this together next week
- Quaife LSD sku# QDF10L for automatics
Don't know when this will get started. I've been waiting for the longest time for this to ship.

Not to confuse the issue, but seeing how our stock intakes are already well designed and the same size for our heavy breathing 3.7L counterparts, we may see lesser (performance) gains from going aftermarket.

no probs. Glad I could help.

I wish there was a G25 factory service manual (FSM)!
Wow bro, you're way ahead of me mine's still on a boat (last known location.. Panama) lol

Do you think you lost some power with the Stillen Gen 3 (butt dyno or real dyno)?

I would be happy with just about 20HP gain without breaking the bank.

My upgrade list would go something like this: (Wife permitting )

1. R2C Performance Intake (still worried about removing my bumber and all for the Gen 3)
2. Tanabe Medallion Exhaust (gonna do it in pieces, wife will not allow such spending during these times) The full Forced Induction seems to be too noisy for my liking, any experience with these?
3. Grounding Kit
4. Slotted Rotors (for the looks and slight braking improvements), thinking of the sport Akebono Brake kits.

Regarding your suspension/handling upgrades, How does the car handle now with Sway Bars and Tower Brace. I don't want a car that too stiff and sporty but at the same time I wouldn't want a car that rolls around too much either.

I like my cars undercover fast, not loud when moving and standing still if you know what I mean.

Keep me posted, I'm eager to now how things turn out.

Last edited by AllReD; 12-21-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:27 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
If you guys honestly are into "gains" and worried about horsepower, then why would you purchase a G25?? Its meant for the group of people who want GAS miliage as a priority, not horsepower.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:41 AM
AllReD

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
If you guys honestly are into "gains" and worried about horsepower, then why would you purchase a G25?? Its meant for the group of people who want GAS miliage as a priority, not horsepower.

In my case, two words.... IMPORT DUTY.

Duties over here are based on engine size, I would have to pay 125% + Environmental Levy of about $1500 on a 3500CC vehicle.

And that duty my friend is on the cost of the vehicle + shipping charges.

Not so is it now. lol
Old 12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
lkoh

Hi,
Do you think you lost some power with the Stillen Gen 3 (butt dyno or real dyno)?
I *felt* like I neither gained nor lost significant power. Personally I felt the best thing about this mod was that the sound made me motivated to open up, and *that* made the car faster.

My upgrade list would go something like this:
I'm sure plenty of folks will chime in on the mod choices.
Curious to know a bit more about where you live. Road condition, height of road humps, any opportunities for spirited driving or opening up, any laws on exhaust, etc. All of which will influence your mod choices.

My thoughts would be for you to drive this fabulous car stock at first, then figure out which areas you find lacking.
This will be especially true if the skyline is a rare import in your area; it's going to look exotic even when driven bone stock.

Regarding your suspension/handling upgrades, How does the car handle now with Sway Bars and Tower Brace. I don't want a car that too stiff and sporty but at the same time I wouldn't want a car that rolls around too much either.

I like my cars undercover fast, not loud when moving and standing still if you know what I mean.
I'm with you. regarding sway bars, I concur with the general consensus in the net, that they make the biggest improvement. Ride comfort remains unchanged, except when you roll over road humps diagonally
This week I'm rolling with my tower brace off (prepping for my coilover install) and the difference is...subtle. I'm a firm believer of chasis bracing myself, but you can leave this to the bottom of your list if you are on a tight budget.

hope this helps
Old 12-21-2011, 01:53 PM
AllReD

Hi,

I *felt* like I neither gained nor lost significant power. Personally I felt the best thing about this mod was that the sound made me motivated to open up, and *that* made the car faster.

I'm sure plenty of folks will chime in on the mod choices.
Curious to know a bit more about where you live. Road condition, height of road humps, any opportunities for spirited driving or opening up, any laws on exhaust, etc. All of which will influence your mod choices.

My thoughts would be for you to drive this fabulous car stock at first, then figure out which areas you find lacking.
This will be especially true if the skyline is a rare import in your area; it's going to look exotic even when driven bone stock.

I'm with you. regarding sway bars, I concur with the general consensus in the net, that they make the biggest improvement. Ride comfort remains unchanged, except when you roll over road humps diagonally
This week I'm rolling with my tower brace off (prepping for my coilover install) and the difference is...subtle. I'm a firm believer of chasis bracing myself, but you can leave this to the bottom of your list if you are on a tight budget.

hope this helps
Ikoh, if you like spirited driving with minimal room for errors then you need to visit St. Lucia. Google Maps

The north of the island is very congested but you can still get to mess around WOT (maybe for 5 secs till you run out of straight) on evenings till early morning. The best driver roads are along the coast line, mountainous, twisty, some smooth some not, short straights some connected by slight bends. It truly is a joy driving here (its beats any experience Ive had in the US and many other countries).

Although I got pulled over in California one time doing 104MPH... I played dumb since I was a visitor and told the Cop I'm not used to the wide open straight roads and lost my sense of speed. He was nice he let me off with a warning after I showed him by passport.

Anyways, what makes it even better are the laxed laws regarding the speed limit, just this weekend I passed 2 police vehicles and they were doing like 60+ MPH... (btw our speed limit is 30 or 35 MPH or not sure...hehe)

From my past cars (most recent Subaru Impreza not the WRX STI) a run down the coast, 40mins hard driving would basically turn the brakes to Jello and this I experience on most cars I have driven. (Could be driver fault as well).

When it comes to emissions laws...there's none. I personally just don't like the loud exhausts sounds.

Fuel is crap... you have a choice of Unleaded or nothing, btw its $5.18 per gallon

Because of the road conditions here and my driving style, handling would be my biggest concern...but I don't want totally give up my ride comfort and powering up those bloody hills.

Regarding speed humps, we do have a few mountains built on the road but the majority are manageable.

Right now if no other V36 is on the ship when it arrives I'm going to be the first V36 owner on these road. .

I asked a question in your "No Bose Subwoofer" thread about what you did with the language on the Nav, Radio A/V head unit. This bugger is in Japanese and everyone seems to be stumped.

Did you get anywhere with it?

Thanks mate.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:02 AM
lkoh

Heyya, I went to the australia skylines site too. I gave up on finding a fix. It wasn't a real show stopper and I got used to the buttons fairly quickly (using the infiniti english manual as a guide). Just roll with it .
Don't let the rest of the forum know of your pretty jdm screen though... pretty soon everybody will want one

On the topic of jdm a/v units... the JDM fm receiver will only go from 76.0 to 90 MHz (different from the rest of the world) so if you care for fm radio (you might not), a converter is needed to get the frequencies into range.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
lkoh

Right now if no other V36 is on the ship when it arrives I'm going to be the first V36 owner on these road.
the V36 is a parallel import where I am too, so it tends to get attention. Unfortunately, getting spare parts (especially exterior) might be a problem. I just had my windshield cracked tonight (flying rock chip) . I don't know if the windshield is a commonly stocked item (shared part# with the Nissan Teana / Cefiro / Maxima) or if there will be a 3 week wait from Japan. I'll find out soon enough.

taking your thread off topic haha
Old 12-22-2011, 09:53 AM
AllReD

Now that just blows, Ive got the Nissan Fast Catalog I can look up the windscreen part number for you If you like.

08-10 Part# 72700-JK600
09-10 Part #72700-JU40A (with rain sensing wiper)

Also take a look at #72700-JK000, complete WS.

My wife seems to thinks the Bluebird Sylphy looks allot like the 250GT, so I am bit worried if it indeed it really does look like it in person.

I think it may be the Nissan front grill which causes some models to look similar.

When it comes to service parts (Fan and A/C Belts which part numbers do you use. The Fast System give be a combination of G35 (Fan Belt) and G37 (A/C Belt) numbers. I took a chance and went with them.

Meant to ask you....whats with the hole at the top of the dash?

Last edited by AllReD; 12-22-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot question
Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
In my case, two words.... IMPORT DUTY.

Duties over here are based on engine size, I would have to pay 125% + Environmental Levy of about $1500 on a 3500CC vehicle.

And that duty my friend is on the cost of the vehicle + shipping charges.

Not so is it now. lol

Alright...that's probably one of the only excuses that's legit....so I'll let slide
Old 12-22-2011, 10:06 AM
AllReD

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Alright...that's probably one of the only excuses that's legit....so I'll let slide
I know trust me it sucks... I got a sweet deal on mine and since most likely its' gonna be the first on island I may get to resell it at decent profit and get the 370.

I'm just pissed that the Subaru Legacy GT owners can theoretically kick my ***.

I have my calendar counting down to Jan 4th .... ETA
Old 12-22-2011, 11:08 AM
lkoh

Now that just blows, Ive got the Nissan Fast Catalog I can look up the windscreen part number for you If you like.

08-10 Part# 72700-JK600
09-10 Part #72700-JU40A (with rain sensing wiper)
Thanks a million. Any idea which Nissan models share the part#72700-JK600? If the Teana / Cefiro does so then I'm golden.
Just curious. it's not going to speed up the repair any.

Meant to ask you....whats with the hole at the top of the dash?
7 speaker folks get a centre speaker in that location. For those like me with the non-bose, we get a panel that covers that hole up.
I took the cover off recently. I can now look at that empty spot daily and start to about using that hole as my next project. Maybe a flip up gps mount / flip up gauge / heads up display.

I don't seem to be able to leave the car alone.... always trying to fix things that aren't broken.
Attached Thumbnails Air Intake Help-sdc15818.jpg  

Quick Reply: Air Intake Help