Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

takeda cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 11:44 AM
GotAir523

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
takeda cold air intake

soo finally bit the bullet and bought an intake..first true mod to the car, kinda excited. should be here sometime today, hoping it gets here soon so i have enough time to install it today before i gotta head out to work, this way i can see how it sounds when its cold on my long drive home tonight. will post pics when it gets here and installed =)
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 PM
GotAir523

UPDATE.....welp it came today, and i thought i had enough time to put it on and make it to work, apparently bit off more than i could chew in the amount of time i alotted myself. the instruction manual that comes with the intake has horrible diagrams and is extremely vague....i ended up using a DIY bumper removal from here to help after getting aggervated. assembly wasn't too bad, had some trouble getting the piping to fit into the couplings that fit through the core support holes, and the biggest set back was we kept dropping the screw for the passanger side vacuum valve to mount it back to the motor, ended up having to stop 3 times to get the damn thing. ended up having to take my roommates car to work, and finish up when i got home.....overal wasn't that hard, fitment issues weren't a problem if you take your time, and i disagree with posts from other people in other threads saying the parts are cheap and tear easily.......anyway, onto the pictures =)

Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Its cool you posted a thread that you ordered an intake, and then another post of your install issues, but I think a thread like this would be more for a review of the actual gains or functionality of the intake...before and after.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:35 AM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
nice!! i got the same one on my G. did take a few hours to install and i agree the diagrams suck...intake looks and performs great though. You might want to replace the rubber couplings that connect the intake pipe to the throttle bodies. Mine broke so I got some ones from autozone. Other then then maybe look into the rain shield or your gunna suck in water when it rains
Old 11-08-2011, 02:56 PM
GotAir523

I fully planned on doing that, but was exhausted after work and finally Gettin the car back together didn't get a real chance to take it out and see the difference until this morning. It's not as loud as I expected, only really hear it at about 3k rpm, butt dyno definitely feels a difference from stock set up, but only in higher rpms, really feel the difference in 3rd and 4th gears thou, other than that, overal very satisfied with it, I knew it wasnt going to add a huge gain in hp, but would help a bit, especially now that it's getting cold =). As far as the rain shield, I've heard mixed reviews on it, being that it's not needed or it is. I've read from a few people here that have the stillen intake (which places the cones in the same place) that the grill deflects the rain away for the most part and only way it'd be detrimental is if I drove the front end into a lake or sprayed the hose directly at the cone when washing the cone. Idk if this is a fact, but the design of the rain shield completely defeats the purpose of putting the intake where it is because it pretty much covers it entirely
Old 11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
well the stillens come with a rain shield. And it has slats in it so it gets cold air. I dont know that could be but I rather be safe then sorry when it comes to a 12,000 dollar motor lol