Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review My turn on Ark Grip

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:47 AM
G.riDeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My turn on Ark Grip

so, here's my experience from the min i ordered to the day i got it and everything else in b/w Overall, i want to say that i'm very satisfied with what i got and the service that Alex the Ark team had provided throughout the whole process.

I would have said i was 100% fully satisfied if everything went smoothly. but it didn't. when i got the exhaust, there were a few dings and scratches out of the box that i was very unhappy of. not sure if it was from the delivery or whatever but.. hey.. **** happens sometime. i called up alex and right away he went on "making sure the customer's happy mode" (every company should be like that). We went over the problems, i sent him pics of the areas and right away we began the process of exchanging it.

Now, here's the catch. the exhaust was already on my car. what happened was, (really it was partially my fault for not checking first) i had already sold my oem exhaust to a buddy of mine and did the swap. then it was my turn to install my ark, and that's when i realized the problems. since everything was already off and sold to, i went ahead and finished up the installs. i wasn't going to go home w/o an exhaust . the first thing they asked me was to send it back no problem. but when i told them my situation, they were of course reluctant at first but Alex came in and spoke to his manager or whoever he was over and over again till he got him to agree to the exchange. keep in mind, the exhaust was on my car now and was being used while we waited for the new parts to arrive. What other company have you heard done this just to make their customers happy? they replaced the defected parts (both mufflers and the two pipes) at no charge to me. they meant every word, when they said they stand behind their products 100%. alex wasn't going to have me install their exhaust on my G with the problems. in the end, i got the perfect exhaust with no ding/scratch... whatsoever and they made sure i was happy.

i read a lot of reviews/comments on ark and more or less i have the same things to say. we all get these exhausts mainly for sound and IMO Ark has THE BEST SOUNDING, THE MOST AGGRESSIVE LOOKING exhaust (notice i didn't say THE BEST exhaust, ill explain in a bit) for our cars. the reason why i didn't say the BEST there is, is because like many others, i have the problem with the right side canister sitting lower than the left side. it gets really annoying since i only have about 2-2.5 in clearance from the ground to that exhaust tip and i scrape that side alone everywhere. and i must say at some angles it's pretty ugly.

i honestly don't have a clue as to what i should do to fix it. that's probably the only thing negative i can say about this exhaust. i don't know if there's a solution to fix this problem yet but i'll love to hear what ark has to say about this. is it a good idea to go to an exhaust shop to heat it and bend it up? i don't wanna mess up the exhaust either but anyways, now i'm waiting on Ark to release their HFC to go with their exhaust i mainly wanted to share the experience i had dealing with their customer service. I've read a lot of comments on that already but in the end, you cant really make everyone happy. Alex, Mike and i forgot the other ppl i actually had a chance to speak to, were all professional and helpful during the whole process. Alex, in particular, went out of his way many many times to help me with a lot of questions/problems i had plus he made sure that i got what i wanted in the end.

Hope this was some help to anyone considering Ark.

>>Cold Start<<

thank you!

- terrence

Last edited by G.riDeR; 10-17-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Soliditude

Wow! Great review, man. Thanks for the detailed info. I am hearing more and more good things about Ark, so I'm happy that you're saying the same. A true, professional company would do exactly as Ark did in this case, so two thumbs up to them for that!

About the mufflers being higher/lower... I'm assuming it's the fault of the manufacturer, but, in my case, my CF Fast Intentions mufflers also hang the same way--just a little bit--whereas every other FI system I've seen hung perfectly even. This makes me a bit confused on whether what the real cause of the issue is in root; is it the installation or the slight imperfection of the system, or both in different cases? Nonetheless, the issue in nothing but aesthetics, and you won't scratch you mufflers anywhere, really, so it's not too big of a deal. However, Ark's difference is more noticeable than mine.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:38 AM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
+1 for customer service
Old 10-14-2011, 11:22 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Congrats on the new exhaust and mad props to Ark for first class customer service.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
My ARK hangs lower on the right as well and even on just Eibachs (I suspect my rear drop is lower than most) I have to approach my driveway at an angle. That being said the fit and finish is fantastic and the sound is great as well. I know some people will insist on paying double for the HKS but I don't buy those arguments.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:05 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Ive had a ton of copmlitments on my ark. People say it looks mean as hell, then ask if i scrape alot AHAHHhahaha.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:16 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
watch in a few months your burnt tips are going to turn brown...

Exhaust sound/note is undeniably good though. But at the same time I can't stand the droning of it..
Old 10-14-2011, 10:27 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I'd still rock the ark.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
sound clips!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:36 AM
G.riDeR

Originally Posted by Soliditude
Wow! Great review, man. Thanks for the detailed info. I am hearing more and more good things about Ark, so I'm happy that you're saying the same. A true, professional company would do exactly as Ark did in this case, so two thumbs up to them for that!

About the mufflers being higher/lower... I'm assuming it's the fault of the manufacturer, but, in my case, my CF Fast Intentions mufflers also hang the same way--just a little bit--whereas every other FI system I've seen hung perfectly even. This makes me a bit confused on whether what the real cause of the issue is in root; is it the installation or the slight imperfection of the system, or both in different cases? Nonetheless, the issue in nothing but aesthetics, and you won't scratch you mufflers anywhere, really, so it's not too big of a deal. However, Ark's difference is more noticeable than mine.
that's what makes me confused as well. some pics look obvious and some don't. mine for example is very noticeable at some angle i wonder if it's wise to heat/bend it w/o damaging the exhaust? will ark actually recommend it?

Originally Posted by rAiN
+1 for customer service
Originally Posted by soolman32
Congrats on the new exhaust and mad props to Ark for first class customer service.
+11111

Originally Posted by rks
My ARK hangs lower on the right as well and even on just Eibachs (I suspect my rear drop is lower than most) I have to approach my driveway at an angle. That being said the fit and finish is fantastic and the sound is great as well. I know some people will insist on paying double for the HKS but I don't buy those arguments.
honestly, i've heard hks before i got my ark outside. really wasn't impressed by the sound at all. based on how it sounds alone, ark owns hks hands down.

Originally Posted by 911turbo
Ive had a ton of copmlitments on my ark. People say it looks mean as hell, then ask if i scrape alot AHAHHhahaha.
i can definitely relate xD

Originally Posted by xlack
watch in a few months your burnt tips are going to turn brown...

Exhaust sound/note is undeniably good though. But at the same time I can't stand the droning of it..
ive had it for awhile now, this review is just way overdue lol the exhaust is well maintained and is still fresh as the day i got it. watch it turn brown after i said this lolol..

Originally Posted by Dj farhan
sound clips!
will try to upload a few once i get them uploaded.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 AM
simonsez

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey T, this is simon. Nice review! I should ve gotten ark. Tanabe is so mellow lol. Im gonna add hfc n uprev tune next weekend.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
I wouldn't be overly concerned if the mufflers or intermediate pipes had some scratches on them. It's an exhaust, which is mounted under the car. After 1000 miles you'll have many more scratches on them from rocks and other road debris. So long as the visible part of the tips is scratchfree, i'd be satisfied.

Does this exhaust have any performance gains?
Old 10-15-2011, 04:44 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
my ark full polished doesnt have alotta drone...
Old 10-15-2011, 04:54 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Videos sure would be nice
Old 10-15-2011, 06:15 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
My stocks hang lower on the right then the left.

Quick Reply: Review My turn on Ark Grip