Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review My turn on Ark Grip

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Soliditude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
My stocks hang lower on the right then the left.

My old G35 Coupe had its stock exhaust lower on the left as well--only I didn't know 'till I sold it. I guess not alll are perfect. It might be more the car's own hangers rather than the exhaust we put on it. Someone who knows what causes it needs to explain.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:09 AM
G.riDeR

Originally Posted by aspec2006
Hey T, this is simon. Nice review! I should ve gotten ark. Tanabe is so mellow lol. Im gonna add hfc n uprev tune next weekend.
ur setup gonna sound nice after hfc it looks good bro. definitely flow with your G.

Originally Posted by Jsolo
I wouldn't be overly concerned if the mufflers or intermediate pipes had some scratches on them. It's an exhaust, which is mounted under the car. After 1000 miles you'll have many more scratches on them from rocks and other road debris. So long as the visible part of the tips is scratchfree, i'd be satisfied.

Does this exhaust have any performance gains?
i never dynoed it so i wouldn't know plus it'll be minimal at best from a bolt on

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Videos sure would be nice
added.

Originally Posted by Soliditude
My old G35 Coupe had its stock exhaust lower on the left as well--only I didn't know 'till I sold it. I guess not alll are perfect. It might be more the car's own hangers rather than the exhaust we put on it. Someone who knows what causes it needs to explain.
sure would love to hear from someone who knows on what can be done as well. i met another G at a meet today with Ark. his sits almost flush.. dead even. i guess not all Arks have this problem... i wonder if Ark has any solutions. :/
Old 10-17-2011, 03:59 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by G.riDeR
sure would love to hear from someone who knows on what can be done as well. i met another G at a meet today with Ark. his sits almost flush.. dead even. i guess not all Arks have this problem... i wonder if Ark has any solutions. :/

That's the thing... And as far as I know, I'm the only person with slightly uneven FI canisters out here, so I'm leaning more towards the fact of how well the actual install was done. I'm sure there are slight gaps which allow for adjustment, and maybe my installers didn't take full advantage of that fact. Did you do yours yourself?

But then again, I'm sure that not every single system made by the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers is 100% exactly the same with each other, so maybe some systems get more lucky and others not so much.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by G.riDeR
so, here's my experience from the min i ordered to the day i got it and everything else in b/w Overall, i want to say that i'm very satisfied with what i got and the service that Alex the Ark team had provided throughout the whole process.

I would have said i was 100% fully satisfied if everything went smoothly. but it didn't. when i got the exhaust, there were a few dings and scratches out of the box that i was very unhappy of. not sure if it was from the delivery or whatever but.. hey.. **** happens sometime. i called up alex and right away he went on "making sure the customer's happy mode" (every company should be like that). We went over the problems, i sent him pics of the areas and right away we began the process of exchanging it.

Now, here's the catch. the exhaust was already on my car. what happened was, (really it was partially my fault for not checking first) i had already sold my oem exhaust to a buddy of mine and did the swap. then it was my turn to install my ark, and that's when i realized the problems. since everything was already off and sold to, i went ahead and finished up the installs. i wasn't going to go home w/o an exhaust . the first thing they asked me was to send it back no problem. but when i told them my situation, they were of course reluctant at first but Alex came in and spoke to his manager or whoever he was over and over again till he got him to agree to the exchange. keep in mind, the exhaust was on my car now and was being used while we waited for the new parts to arrive. What other company have you heard done this just to make their customers happy? they replaced the defected parts (both mufflers and the two pipes) at no charge to me. they meant every word, when they said they stand behind their products 100%. alex wasn't going to have me install their exhaust on my G with the problems. in the end, i got the perfect exhaust with no ding/scratch... whatsoever and they made sure i was happy.

i read a lot of reviews/comments on ark and more or less i have the same things to say. we all get these exhausts mainly for sound and IMO Ark has THE BEST SOUNDING, THE MOST AGGRESSIVE LOOKING exhaust (notice i didn't say THE BEST exhaust, ill explain in a bit) for our cars. the reason why i didn't say the BEST there is, is because like many others, i have the problem with the right side canister sitting lower than the left side. it gets really annoying since i only have about 2-2.5 in clearance from the ground to that exhaust tip and i scrape that side alone everywhere. and i must say at some angles it's pretty ugly.

i honestly don't have a clue as to what i should do to fix it. that's probably the only thing negative i can say about this exhaust. i don't know if there's a solution to fix this problem yet but i'll love to hear what ark has to say about this. is it a good idea to go to an exhaust shop to heat it and bend it up? i don't wanna mess up the exhaust either but anyways, now i'm waiting on Ark to release their HFC to go with their exhaust i mainly wanted to share the experience i had dealing with their customer service. I've read a lot of comments on that already but in the end, you cant really make everyone happy. Alex, Mike and i forgot the other ppl i actually had a chance to speak to, were all professional and helpful during the whole process. Alex, in particular, went out of his way many many times to help me with a lot of questions/problems i had plus he made sure that i got what i wanted in the end.

Hope this was some help to anyone considering Ark.

>>Cold Start<<

thank you!

- terrence
That's great to hear pal. Thanks for the review. I wonder why one canister sits lower than the other though. That's interesting. Have you asked ARK about that?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:53 PM
LegitMW

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
So does this exhaust have bad droning or not ? And any info on the tips browning ?
Old 11-18-2011, 03:11 PM
G.riDeR

@will.. yes i have.. they either don't have the answer or choose not to answer me :/

@legit.. so far im just running injen CAI and this.. a lil bit of drone around high rpm (+5k) ranges but that doesnt really bother me xD oh and this only started happening after i got the intakes tho.. so :/ but the sound is definitely deeper/meaner now.