Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Fast Intentions Cat-Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:58 PM
jsp872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Intentions Cat-Back Exhaust

Hi,

I own a 2011 G37X Coupe,
and after months of research, i've decided to go with the Fast Intention Round Cat-back system due to the deep mature exotic sound and power gain.

Anyone know a good vendor here on this forum to get a good pricing on this???
Anything helps, thank you!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Contact Tony@fastintentions.com Best phone call you will ever make....
Old 10-04-2011, 01:53 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
+1 ... Tony is a good guy who knows what he's talking about... I heard there's a couple months wait right now for the FI CBE.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Soliditude

+10 for Tony! Call Fast Intentions directly and ask for Tony. He is the best guy to deal with regarding exhausts, period, and he will get you exactly what you need.

And yes, there is a wait for the FI catback, because they've been quite busy--making everything in-house takes lots of effort. HOWEVER, the 2-3-month wait for this piece of beauty is totally worth it. Nothing beats the sound.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 AM
jsp872

I dont know if anyone can answer this question, but for the Round Cat-Back system, there is the Carbon Fiber version, and the Stainless Steel version
Which is exactly the same, except on has CF on just the muffler area.
After doing some research, people say CF is "supposed" to give a more deeper note compared to the stainless version.
Can anyone confirm this?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:04 PM
RedEyeZ88

Im so tempted to get this exhaust. I've done some reading on the forum, and it really does seem the way to go. Im just so worried about drone. I used to get headaches from my older car. Tony offered to talk to me and give me an honest unbiased opinion on how I will experience the exhaust. He seems awesome, so I'd agree with contacting Tony.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:27 PM
jsp872

I just got off the phone with Tony, no more then 30 seconds ago, and placed the order!
Man, what an honest guy he is!! I love it!
There is a waiting period right now, but I don't really care, I should have the system some time in December

As for the done you mentioned RedEye, Tony sounded very confident there won't be any drone.
The exhaust system along with the new X-Pipe is very very smooth, and cabin noise (aka Drone) isn't an issue
Old 10-05-2011, 01:31 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by jsp872
I dont know if anyone can answer this question, but for the Round Cat-Back system, there is the Carbon Fiber version, and the Stainless Steel version
After doing some research, people say CF is "supposed" to give a more deeper note compared to the stainless version.
Can anyone confirm this?
Tony will tell you all, he does not try to hide a thing about his products. He's one of the top vendors for our cars to work with, hands down.

Also, if you have any questions, Diego (VossenG37s) had had both setups and would be able to tell you any differences between the two of them as well.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Soliditude

Can anyone confirm this?

I don't believe that's the truth. If so, the difference will be unnoticeable. The CF is mainly for the badass look. But I've heard that the CF is slightly louder then an SS muffler type. However, since people have either one or the other, it would be difficult to confirm. But I do know a person who's heard all of them: Tony from Fast Intentions. Don't hesitate twice before calling him. He designed them, he's heard all them on every car--he's the guy who'll tell you how they compare.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Soliditude

I just got off the phone with Tony, no more then 30 seconds ago, and placed the order!
Man, what an honest guy he is!! I love it!
There is a waiting period right now, but I don't really care, I should have the system some time in December

As for the done you mentioned RedEye, Tony sounded very confident there won't be any drone.
The exhaust system along with the new X-Pipe is very very smooth, and cabin noise (aka Drone) isn't an issue

Congrats, man. You've made the best possible exhaust decision, IMO. Tony is straight up and honest, and he's the best guy to deal with. The exhaust will give you a noticeable boost, too. It's amazing. I've had it for about 5 months now. Couldn't be happier.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by RedEyeZ88
Im so tempted to get this exhaust. I've done some reading on the forum, and it really does seem the way to go. Im just so worried about drone. I used to get headaches from my older car. Tony offered to talk to me and give me an honest unbiased opinion on how I will experience the exhaust. He seems awesome, so I'd agree with contacting Tony.

The is no drone. I have a 5AT and I never get drone where I don't want it. There will be slight interior resonance, but nothing annoying--and trust me, I'm very particular about noises and sounds.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 AM
jsp872

So my exhaust is due for a early to mid December delivery, I'm super excited! lol
The question is... am I going to let it sit in the box until spring time? or put it on right away, and let the ****ty winter of Michigan ruin this exhaust.
I asked Tony about if salt will ruin the exhaust, and he tells me these hold up very very well to salt due to it being made of 304 Stainless steel.

So... i'm still debating...
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Dude I had Both CF and SS and CF sounded noticebly deeper and throatier . When I swapped I went with the exact same set-up as CF only next with SS. CF cans just sounded more throaty even after break in. They really are more then just looks, if I got that system again I would go CF Mufflers w/12 Resonators W/RHFC and would sound so Fn amazing I bet.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 AM
jsp872

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
Dude I had Both CF and SS and CF sounded noticebly deeper and throatier . When I swapped I went with the exact same set-up as CF only next with SS. CF cans just sounded more throaty even after break in. They really are more then just looks, if I got that system again I would go CF Mufflers w/12 Resonators W/RHFC and would sound so Fn amazing I bet.
yes, according to tony, he said there will be a sound difference,
but he was really honest with me and said, if you're on budget, just go with the SS.
and stated it's 90% for looks and 10% for sound
Also, CF is more prone to salt hurting the canisters (also from tony)
He did say the CF sounds a bit more exotic, but can't really tell unless they are side by side, or had both installed on your car (which is your case)

but i'm happy with my purchase! no regrets!

Last edited by jsp872; 10-06-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
yes, according to tony, he said there will be a sound difference,
but he was really honest with me and said, if you're on budget, just go with the SS.
and stated it's 90% for looks and 10% for sound
Also, CF is more prone to salt hurting the canisters (also from tony)
He did say the CF sounds a bit more exotic, but can't really tell unless they are side by side, or had both installed on your car (which is your case)

but i'm happy with my purchase! no regrets!

are you driving your car during winter then that you're concerned about salt?

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Cat-Back Exhaust