Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

I couldn't help but notice...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 05:34 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I couldn't help but notice...

Some similarities between the Exotic Speed Exhaust and the Amuse RS Silent. Just curious to know if anyone knows if ExoticSpeed is a replica of the Amuse? or are they just similar in looks.
Thanks

Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
it has been said it the Exoticspeed was a knock off. But The Exoticspeed is a true dual and the Amuse is not, The Exoticspeed also has a x pipe in the front the Amuse doesnt.. I got it anyway and there are guys on here who have bought it since and love it. Heck for half the price how can you go wrong . plus I think the Exoticspeed looks better. .

Exotixspeed is a company in Canada thats been around for a while, I guess its like ARK and HKS looking the same.. No one said ARK was a knock off of the HKS tho :/
Old 09-28-2011, 05:51 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
interesting find

however I would assume most exhaust systems look like that and/or really similar. theres only so much you can do in terms of design
Old 09-28-2011, 05:52 PM
soolman32

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
it has been said it the Exoticspeed was a knock off. But The Exoticspeed is a true dual and the Amuse is not, The Exoticspeed also has a x pipe in the front the Amuse doesnt.. I got it anyway and there are guys on here who have bought it since and love it. Heck for half the price how can you go wrong . plus I think the Exoticspeed looks better. .

Exotixspeed is a company in Canada thats been around for a while, I guess its like ARK and HKS looking the same.. No one said ARK was a knock off of the HKS tho :/
I think it s more like a 1/3 of the price of the Amuse Thanks for your input. I take it s also not a JDM exhaust?
Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
amuse is full titanium, exotic speed is stainless steel with burnt sections to make it look like titanium.

lots of different factors like welds, material, machining is absolutely different when you compare the two, hence price is also very different
Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Yes, Exoticspeed has been known to make exhausts that look "eerily similar" to more expensive well known systems. Sometimes exactly like them. In this case it is not an exact copy of the Amuse. But I think that's what they intended to emulate. The fact that you associated the two systems means that it's working.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:59 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

No problem, I did alot of research and talking to them before I got mine. Did a test fit and told them everthing.. Fit the X coupe find, A couple small adjustments but nothing to keep anyone from getting it. An 1/3 Amuse is 3k? I thought the Amuse was $2400.
No not A JDM exhaust, Just new to the G crowd all tho the Z guys been running for a while now.. I actual saw it on their forum 370Z.. Read their reveiws and everyone loved it..
Old 09-28-2011, 06:07 PM
cy7878

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stainless steel can develop a "burnt" look if it's single walled. Just look at BMW motorcycles.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No problem, I did alot of research and talking to them before I got mine. Did a test fit and told them everthing.. Fit the X coupe find, A couple small adjustments but nothing to keep anyone from getting it. An 1/3 Amuse is 3k? I thought the Amuse was $2400.
No not A JDM exhaust, Just new to the G crowd all tho the Z guys been running for a while now.. I actual saw it on their forum 370Z.. Read their reveiws and everyone loved it..
I wish Amuse was ~$2400 I would get in a heartbeat.

But no, they are around $4000~$5000 depending on which type you get.

Meistercraft full CBE is also around that same range.

So I guess it makes it 1/4 or 1/5...
Old 09-28-2011, 06:20 PM
soolman32

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
amuse is full titanium, exotic speed is stainless steel with burnt sections to make it look like titanium.

lots of different factors like welds, material, machining is absolutely different when you compare the two, hence price is also very different
Was actually shocked when I found out the price difference between the two even though they looked very similar. That's actually what got me thinking that it may have been a partial replica

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Yes, Exoticspeed has been known to make exhausts that look "eerily similar" to more expensive well known systems. Sometimes exactly like them. In this case it is not an exact copy of the Amuse. But I think that's what they intended to emulate. The fact that you associated the two systems means that it's working.
Great info as always Betty

Originally Posted by xlack

Yeah the RS Silent after tax and shipping will run you over $5000. I really wanted it but definitely lack the funds to get it. I'll have to settle for my second favorite exhaust
Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

have you seen a REAL Amuse exhaust upclose? i did. and one does not compare the with the work of art. just saying.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
since the currency in US and japan is soo upside down, if you want to get amuse right now, itll be somewhere around 4500, and thats the price of the r1 extra titan, and for the silent, around 5300....
Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xlack

Thats nuts.. That would make this even more appealing. A full true dual CBE for under $1300 shipped. Why am I one of the few running this? It's even cheaper than FI and ARK.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by rAiN
have you seen a REAL Amuse exhaust upclose? i did. and one does not compare the with the work of art. just saying.
100%. There is no comparison between these two systems. Period. Black Betty is correct. It's pretty clear that Exotic Speed wants their system to look like that of one of the premier exhaust tuners in the world. You can't really argue with that... Put it this way, they would be very happy to have someone ask, "Is that an Amuse?" of a car sporting their exhaust. Does that make it a knock-off? I don't know...

I'm not saying the Exotic Speed is garbage at all, but it's like when people suggest that Vossen is superior to Volk. Two completely different levels. It's apples to oranges. There is no debate.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rAiN
No I have not seen the Amuse up close. If I knew someone( Friend) that spent 5k on exhuast I probaly would slap him. I have only see pics of it. But for the price tag I dont think I ever will. WAY over priced IMO.. You could buy a car for the same $$$..

Not bashing them at all I'm sure their system looks KICK Azz, But its one of those things that people that have money fall out there butt, Buy just to stay they have it and show off how much $$ they have. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: I couldn't help but notice...