Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

I couldn't help but notice...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
No I have not seen the Amuse up close. If I knew someone( Friend) that spent 5k on exhuast I probaly would slap him. I have only see pics of it. But for the price tag I dont think I ever will. WAY over priced IMO.. You could buy a car for the same $$$..

Not bashing them at all I'm sure their system looks KICK Azz, But its one of those things that people that have money fall out there butt, Buy just to stay they have it and show off how much $$ they have. Just my .02.
Come on, Mike. That is a bit of a broad generalization, isn't it? I certainly do not have money "falling out my butt," and I own an Amuse exhaust. It's fine to attempt to justify your decision to buy the exhaust you did, but to stereotype those who buy a superior product isn't exactly fair, is it?

I could just as easily make the statement that I would "slap" my friend if he purchased knock-off parts for his $40+ car... I didn't buy this exhaust "just to say I have it" or to "show off" or impress anyone. I bought it because I am inclined to buy premium quality parts for my car. (Someone who purchases a Megan exhaust might suggest the same of you - "showing off" your wealth by buying an exhaust that costs 4X the price they paid.)

You make the statement that "you can buy a car for the same money." Well, you can buy a lesser quality beater car for the price you paid for your exhaust. If that is the rationale you are going to use for not buying one product over another, then why modify your car at all? The stock exhaust works fine, too.

To each his own...
Old 09-29-2011, 08:08 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Come on, Mike. That is a bit of a broad generalization, isn't it? I certainly do not have money "falling out my butt," and I own an Amuse exhaust. It's fine to attempt to justify your decision to buy the exhaust you did, but to stereotype those who buy a superior product isn't exactly fair, is it?

I could just as easily make the statement that I would "slap" my friend if he purchased knock-off parts for his $40+ car... I didn't buy this exhaust "just to say I have it" or to "show off" or impress anyone. I bought it because I am inclined to buy premium quality parts for my car. (Someone who purchases a Megan exhaust might suggest the same of you - "showing off" your wealth by buying an exhaust that costs 4X the price they paid.)

You make the statement that "you can buy a car for the same money." Well, you can buy a lesser quality beater car for the price you paid for your exhaust. If that is the rationale you are going to use for not buying one product over another, then why modify your car at all? The stock exhaust works fine, too.

To each his own...
You do make a lot of sense, An to stereotype is not right, just my opion( We all have those) An I did not intend to start a debate on this being a knock off or me justifying why I bought it and not the "Real" Amuse? Just some thoughts I have on how I mod.. Same thing with my wheels I set a price and did not go over that.. I could have bought Vollens, or Volks but I just can not see spending 3-4k on Wheels, So I spent half..
It's all good man , People make their own money and they should spend it how they see fit.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:25 AM
AussieV36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each his own...
If I spent that much on an exhaust I'd be too scared to leave the garage! all the road grime dirt & rock chips, it's almost too nice to get dirty
Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
One could also buy a brand new Hyundai Genesis coupe for a fraction of the price of an Infiniti G37. Looks pretty darn similar. By design on Hyundai's part undoubtedly. Some will like or say they like the Hyundai better and rave about how well it performs and how good it looks. Some will say it outperforms the G37 (for the money) and that it looks better. And it costs a whole lot less. Why did any of us buy the G37? Cause we have money falling out of our butts? We must be idiots for spending so much money for a car that still just takes us from point A to point B?

I'm from a different school. I have some used high quality parts on my car that I could afford rather than buying brand new lesser quality ones that cost less. Used Volks for me every single time over new Varstoens. Used Top Secret Aero before I'd ever consider AIT. Personal choices. I may be in the vast minority on this forum, but I'm good with the choice. Just like the guys rocking their Rota wheels, 180 Custom bumpers, and MeToo brand coilovers all manufactured in the same build house somewhere in China.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
You do make a lot of sense, An to stereotype is not right, just my opion( We all have those) An I did not intend to start a debate on this being a knock off or me justifying why I bought it and not the "Real" Amuse? Just some thoughts I have on how I mod.. Same thing with my wheels I set a price and did not go over that.. I could have bought Vollens, or Volks but I just can not see spending 3-4k on Wheels, So I spent half..
It's all good man , People make their own money and they should spend it how they see fit.
I understand what you're saying. You're right, though - to each his own. I just figured I'd add my $.02, as well.

Originally Posted by AussieV36
If I spent that much on an exhaust I'd be too scared to leave the garage! all the road grime dirt & rock chips, it's almost too nice to get dirty
Everything that comes from Power House Amuse is automotive art. Amazing craftsmanship. Incredible attention to detail. Simply beautiful.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
One could also buy a brand new Hyundai Genesis coupe for a fraction of the price of an Infiniti G37. Looks pretty darn similar. By design on Hyundai's part undoubtedly. Some will like or say they like the Hyundai better and rave about how well it performs and how good it looks. Some will say it outperforms the G37 (for the money) and that it looks better. And it costs a whole lot less. Why did any of us buy the G37? Cause we have money falling out of our butts? We must be idiots for spending so much money for a car that still just takes us from point A to point B?

I'm from a different school. I have some used high quality parts on my car that I could afford rather than buying brand new lesser quality ones that cost less. Used Volks for me every single time over new Varstoens. Used Top Secret Aero before I'd ever consider AIT. Personal choices. I may be in the vast minority on this forum, but I'm good with the choice. Just like the guys rocking their Rota wheels, 180 Custom bumpers, and MeToo brand coilovers all manufactured in the same build house somewhere in China.
Well said, Jeremy.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:32 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
These pipes have more quality than needed in my opinion. Yes you get what you pay for but fact remains you're hiding it all under your car, only person who gets to enjoy its beauty is whoever's doing your oil changes and thats once every few thousand miles.

People normally look for sound (and performance?) when shopping for catbacks and these don't seem to sound or perform insanely better than other reasonably priced exhausts out there.

And besides, they're exhaust pipes, they take waste gases and dump them to the air.. Do you go to Louis Vuitton to buy toilet paper?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no way in hell I would spend that kind of money on an exhaust system. Like Sam said, it's just pipes that carry exhaust gas and give a marginal performance gain. A "cheap" $1300 exhaust is still made out of stainless steel and it should out-live the whole car. I don't see it as how I can buy another car or a motorcycle for that much money, I see it as paying that kind if money for some pipes. But to each their own.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:15 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Early on I decided to not put any replica parts on my G. It took me 3 years to realize this but There is a merit to using JDM or high end parts in general. Whether it be for the performance or simply Quality they offer. Is some of it overpriced? IMHO yes no doubt. With that said, Modding is about getting exactly what you want. I made the mistake of attaching too much weight to the price of the Mods I did and settled for cheaper products. 3 yrs later I sold or am in the process of selling each part I settled on.

After looking at the two systems and hearing the feedback, there are some similarities but there s also enough differences to not put the Exoticspeed in the replica category unlike Ark to the HKS system. I d definitely consider it if it was JDM.

I love the Amuse and would most likely buy one if 1) I had the patience to save up for it and 2) I could somehow justify it to myself why I needed it because it was so much better than my other all time favorite system. But since I can't I ll simply go with HKS. Thank you all for your input.

Last edited by soolman32; 10-02-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Itchytoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing here that really matters is this. How does it sound? Got a sound clip?
Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 PM
soolman32

Originally Posted by Itchytoe
The only thing here that really matters is this. How does it sound? Got a sound clip?
You can find clips of the two systems on Youtube. They both sound good.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:29 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by G37Sam
These pipes have more quality than needed... You're hiding it all under your car...
And besides, they're exhaust pipes, they take waste gases and dump them to the air.. Do you go to Louis Vuitton to buy toilet paper?

I like that logic.

A Louis Vuitton bag can hold the same amount of stuff as a Coach bag, right? But it costs three times as much. So why would anyone ever buy a LV bag?

Why should I buy authentic JDM parts for my car when I can get cheap, Korean or American-made parts that look very similar?

I've said this before... Why buy a Rolex and not a Timex watch?

Why buy $200 Nikes when you can buy the $20 Wal-Mart brand sneakers?

Why buy $250 designer jeans when you can go to the Gap and buy a pair for $30?

A Prius will get me from Point A to Point B, so will a Veyron.

It's like anything. I could go on and on... But you're right - different strokes for different folks. The OP was not asking who would buy them and who would not. I'm sure I will continue to enjoy my hidden, overpriced pipes that expel waste gases.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 PM
soolman32

I like that logic.

A Louis Vuitton bag can hold the same amount of stuff as a Coach bag, right? But it costs three times as much. So why would anyone ever buy a LV bag?

Why should I buy authentic JDM parts for my car when I can get cheap, Korean or American-made parts that look very similar?

I've said this before... Why buy a Rolex and not a Timex watch?

Why buy $200 Nikes when you can buy the $20 Wal-Mart brand sneakers?

Why buy $250 designer jeans when you can go to the Gap and buy a pair for $30?

A Prius will get me from Point A to Point B, so will a Veyron.

It's like anything. I could go on and on... But you 're right - different strokes for different folks. The OP was not asking who would buy them and who would not. I'm sure I will continue to enjoy my hidden, overpriced pipes that expel waste gases.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:53 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
very well said Bill.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:06 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn now that's a comeback..

BUT, I have to agree with both parties. There is no right or wrong here. Just a matter of perception and/or preference.

At the end of the day, it is how you justify yourself spending your own money. I have an uncle who makes $400,000-$600,000 a year (yes no kidding) and he wears clothes from Ross (no kidding again). Yes, you see, clothing is not his kind of thing. He does live in a big house though.. owns a few houses actually

P.S.: I also wished he was into cars, dammit.. then maybe I can borrow some of his rides out for a spin or something
Old 10-03-2011, 01:18 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Hmmmm something real fishy going on here....

Quick Reply: I couldn't help but notice...