Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

ARK exhaust question - What are it's technical merits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Soliditude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wlmngtn
To add to this, even my HKS hangs low on one side...
So, based on my experience, Its the design of the vehicle which causes the exhaust canisters to sit uneven.

Exactly so! I will add on to that. My Fast Intentions mufflers are also just slightly uneven. It's more the car's own design--as it wasn't even made for these kinds of mufflers, originally--that makes them somewhat uneven.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:48 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by breftayka
Yes sorry, they offered, but he declined... How much frustration did he have to go through before being buttered up and becoming satisfied though? I remember reading a long thread with nothing, but complaints going on at first.

I'm just pointing out what I have read... A good friend of mine has been working with ARK on getting a product created for the AWD, and he has nothing but good things to say about them. But then again, does anyone ever complain when a company is doing something special for them?
Yea. We did understand the frustration that he went through and wanted to make it up to him in any way possible. We would take care of all our our customers to way we did with him. I want the community to know that we will stand behind our product in any case.

Thank you for your time and concern in making our products better.

Originally Posted by Mike
Alex, would you mind putting the car on a dyno that eliminates wheels, tires, and tire pressures as a variable?

I will pay for the additional gas it takes for you guys to drive out to Church. PM me a paypal address and I will gift the funds.

Alternatively, how about EAS's dynojet? Again, I will pay for any additional driving that needs to be done.

Just trying to eliminate as many variables as possible, and going to a shop unfamiliar with ARK.
We have a very good relationship with SP Engineering and the location is a factor as well. EAS and Church is a good drive. I rather not have anyone pay anything out of their pockets for a dyno. We will do whatever we can to eliminate as much inconsistencies as we can. Initially we opt'd for independent dynos from customers that have our exhausts so there is no doubt that we were trying to manipulate the results. We will keep EAS and Church in mind when we have a car ready to go.

Once again thank you for your time in trying to be apart of a solution to this issue.

Originally Posted by mikelebron
Alex I applaud the support you have been giving in the forum and definitely will consider ARK as an exhaust system (im still in the break-in period of the car)... Please keep in mind actions speak louder than words. Please pass this on to your customer service. It is fairly disturbing when I hear from other forum members that they were not taken care of when an issue arrised and did not come to an agreeable solution. Its all hearsay which I will admit but nonetheless distrubing. I also believe that your forwardness to address these concerns publicly at least shows that you and your management (allowing this communication) are class acts and should be taken seriously when considering a substantial purchase. Bravo...
We really want to take this time and show the community that we can take customer service to another level. I myself am an enthusiast. I am a fan of high quality systems and have always given credit to where it is most deserved (AKRAPOVIC FTW). I love everything about fixing up my own car. I do the research, I want to get what I paid for, and I want what I bought to be perfect with no suprises. I realize that customers are paying good money for an exhaust system and want every single one of them to be completely satisfied from start to finish.

OP I commend you for bringing this to our attention and will do our best to make you satisfied as a potential buyer.

ARK PERFORMANCE INC
Director
Alex
Old 09-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Soliditude

For me, almost all the top exhausts available for our cars end up being almost the same. At best, there are minor differences in performance. If you had a stock car, and then driven it with, say--a Stillen, an Ark, an HKS and an FI--on different days, I don't think you'd notice a real difference. There's only so far a simple catback exhaust can take you!

Main reasons how I chose my exhaust: Quality, sound, look, then performance. For me, what set apart Fast Int. from my other considerations was the fact that it was made all in one shop, overlooked by one same team, and built right here in Cali. I agreed with Tony when he said that the only way so insure maximum quality was to make the exhaust yourself, in your own shop. Therefore, I passed on my other considerations of Korean-made exhausts; it's neither JDM- nor US-made.

Because of this, we have yet to see a customer complain about FI quality here on the forum. Period.

On the other hand for Ark and, even, HKS, I've seen threads in the G community of people not being happy with the quality. That is not to say that Ark or HKS make bad exhaust systems, though. It's just that they probably can't claim to be the best.

I don't remember Tony saying, "we make the best, we make the best, we make this best!!!" All he told me was how they themselves do it, and that I can choose from there. Win.

Even after all, we still mostly choose according to sound. I hate how some systems sound, I love others. The choice, in this case, is almost entirely subjective and based on a person's own preferences and taste. Our taste, however, doesn't deem something to be the worst or best. It's more like "bestly-liked," or "mostly-bought."

Last edited by Soliditude; 09-09-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:16 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

I respect Tony and F.I for his outstanding work. To manage sales, Manufacturing and Customer service is no easy task. We will strive to get to his level of respect in this community.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
I respect Tony and F.I for his outstanding work. To manage sales, Manufacturing and Customer service is no easy task. We will strive to get to his level of respect in this community.
To this:
Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
I will personally put getting a dyno done with our exhaust with a baseline to the top of my things to do. The dyno will be done with our ARK GRIP exhaust only. It will be done at SP engineering in the City of Industry. Once that is up regardless of gains, we will provide videos and dyno sheets.

I do agree with some of the points that OP has made and take in the criticism that some may have. We will continue to bring higher quality and more innovative products to the G community.

Until then, please direct all your questions to me. I will try and answer them to the best of my abilities. We want to continue in becoming an active Vendor, Manufacturer, and enthusiast in this community. In doing so, eventually gaining more respect for our company and the products we produce.

Thank you.
Alex
Thank you so much Ark for continuing to be an option for our community and for continuing to grow your product line with items that we have been asking for and looking for in this very community and others have not come through with yet such as the no rasp, no hiss HFC that seem very promising. I am not sure why the few seem to find the need to bash your products when there are so little options for us as it is. Again thank you and please continue to provide the best that you can for us.

I am not saying that the OP is wrong for his inquiry though as it make sense to want to know why someone should buy your product, but I do feel he came with the intent to argue instead of the intent to purchase.

I do want to add that I do not own an Ark product so I speak merely from the way I see things. I considered their exhaust mostly based on sound as stated before that performance is not going to play too much of a roll with anything bolted on to our cars and should only be under major technical scrutiny if considering a TT setup and needing the larger piping into a stage II. (I decided to go with Berk Technology's Exhaust instead for the record). I may consider Ark's new HFC as an option though. Either way, thank you for continuing to support our community and coming up with products that we have expressed deisres for.

Last edited by Chi-City-G; 09-09-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
I decided to go with Berk Technology's Exhaust instead for the record.
Wait, what?! Berk already released their exhaust? I couldn't find it anywhere. Links, links, links, please.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Conn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soliditude
Wait, what?! Berk already released their exhaust? I couldn't find it anywhere. Links, links, links, please.
BERK Cat Back Exhaust System - JEB Performance, Inc. - Thousands of after market tuning parts for less
Old 09-10-2011, 01:26 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Caveat Emptor, and since most advertising contains some puffery, do your research. I am more than happy with my ARK exhaust. The welds are nice, as is the sound, fit, finish, and looks. The exhaust tips are even level.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:31 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
lol .
Old 09-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Beer Magazine

This thread is dumb, most exhaust..with the exception of FI, is just for sound and looks. Most modern engines are high HP per liter and therefore there is no power to be gained in exhaust.

My welds are better, and I have +900hp with my seat belt.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:22 AM
dednock

Beer Magazine, are you still woking with ARK to get the convertible an exhaust system? Even with all the back and forth of this thread, I still think ARK is the way to go for our cars.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by dednock
Beer Magazine, are you still woking with ARK to get the convertible an exhaust system? Even with all the back and forth of this thread, I still think ARK is the way to go for our cars.
There is always going to be one person that is unhappy with every company.

I don't know if they are still using me, or got another. My last email mentioned that I wanted some signed papers of damage liability and since they needed my car for a few days questions about the exhaust on the car staying on. I never heard back and since I don't really care about putting exhaust on this car I'm am not going to pursue them aggressively.

My guess is they were looking for a free car to borrow, and the 4 hours I donated before is all my charity gives
Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

We have been trying to contact you directly. I need the car for at least 48 hours. Once you do agree, we will make out a damage and liability claim and have it signed once we review the condition of your vehicle. We also have been talking to rick at OC Infiniti to see if they can work something out with us on the VERTS.

Alex
Old 09-12-2011, 06:05 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
don't really care about whether options are given by manufacturers or vendors for our cars because the only thing that matter is the quality of product. If quality is bad, would you buy it?

I agree with buying bolt-on catbacks for our cars is mainly looks, sound, quality. I've seen ARK exhausts in person and...

Looks: I don't know if they fixed the one-side-significantly-lower-than-other-side problem but that was one of the prominent things I noticed on my friend's G. Key word: SIGNIFICANT.

Sound: ARK is one of the best sounding systems I've heard in person, hands-down. Very deep and throaty, very aggressive, loud too.

Quality: though I didn't crawl under the car to look at the welds and piping, I noticed that the burnt tips on my friend's G slowly turned into a sh!tty bronze/yellow color. DO NOT WANT. I have had my HKS for about 2 years now and my burnt tips never changed colors or faded away. Of course I can't say that ARK quality is bad because of that but it does say a lot about craftsmanship don't u agree?

This is just my opinion and my personal experience and I'm in no way bashing ARK or anyone else. That being said, I doubt I'll ever get ARK. P.S: I did considered at one point to trade my HKS for ARK because ARK's sound is just so exotic/heavenly. But later, I figured that sound alone couldn't justify the switch and I decided to keep the HKS.

another P.S: HKS sounds.. mehh.. so-so. But I do have MXP double resonated TPs now, and have definitely made HKS sound 10x better

Quick Reply: ARK exhaust question - What are it's technical merits?