Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

ARK exhaust question - What are it's technical merits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
People say every picture says 1000 word right?

Here the thing OP, wanna have one muffler higher than other?

There are more and more and more pictures of ARK exhaust but these few pictures will do the job
Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Doggy

The exhaust hanging thing has noting to do with ark. I don't have an ark exhaust and one side hangs lower. It's the way the exhaust hanger is designed.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggy
The exhaust hanging thing has noting to do with ark. I don't have an ark exhaust and one side hangs lower. It's the way the exhaust hanger is designed.
To add to this, even my HKS hangs low on one side...
So, based on my experience, Its the design of the vehicle which causes the exhaust canisters to sit uneven.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Abdiel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wlmngtn
To add to this, even my HKS hangs low on one side...
So, based on my experience, Its the design of the vehicle which causes the exhaust canisters to sit uneven.
my tanabes are pretty even... same cannister type but no side branch resonator. i'm pretty sure FI cannisters are even as well?

as for Ark saying they have a signature appearance, wasn't HKS first?
Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 PM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Get the real deal.....HKS!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggy
Originally Posted by Abdiel
my tanabes are pretty even... same cannister type but no side branch resonator. i'm pretty sure FI cannisters are even as well?

I've heard the hangers have problems, but my Fast Intentions mufflers are even as far as I can tell.In defense of the OP, many people have questioned several companies on here to include, Vossen, Stillen, and ARK.

Last edited by breftayka; 09-09-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:22 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by breftayka
i've heard the hangers have problems, but my fast intentions mufflers are even as far as i can tell.

in defense of the op, many people have questioned several companies on here to include, vossen, stillen, and ark.
lol .
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Doggy

I'm not taking sides here, personally I like fast intentions the best, but hks and ark come after. Take a look at this hks exhaust. The left exhaust is lower
Old 09-09-2011, 12:34 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Maybe it would be helpful it you also stated what you were after in an exhaust. What are you hoping to get out of it. If you are in the market for an exhaust, what s important to you? Just asking why Ark or any other company is the best is irrelevant if you don't put it in a specific contest. And if you did, my bad for missing it.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
It was a fairly open ended question, since they seem to be pretty active here, but never directly answer questions.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Abdiel

I've had Fast Intentions and it hangs perfectly even... I now have MXP and that hangs perfectly even too...

It can't be blamed on the exhaust hanger, the exhaust companies should design their exhausts to match up perfectly with the factory exhaust hangers that already exist on the vehicle.

Yes... HKS came first, ARK is a replication of the HKS High Power exhaust.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
What makes the ARK exhaust superior to others?
Who ever said ARK is superior to all others? or was this sarcasm...? lol
Old 09-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Doggy

Originally Posted by soolman32
Maybe it would be helpful it you also stated what you were after in an exhaust. What are you hoping to get out of it. If you are in the market for an exhaust, what s important to you? Just asking why Ark or any other company is the best is irrelevant if you don't put it in a specific contest. And if you did, my bad for missing it.
I think he's trying to put ark on blast, hes not trying to get an exhaust.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:38 AM
mikelebron

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't own them but for 1 it's nice to the vendor on the forums supporting the community. That tells me at a minimum they take the time to understand the wants of their customers. If couple that with them putting on paper the design and construction of their product tells me it's worth at least a consideration.

I agree with above this is just a wasted thread and has no merit as exhaust is a commoditized component of the car thus the differentiators are build quality, sound and support. From what I have seen these are arks differentiators. Most newer exhaust designs will yield the similar performance gains so that can't be a differentiator point.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by mikelebron
Don't own them but for 1 it's nice to the vendor on the forums supporting the community. That tells me at a minimum they take the time to understand the wants of their customers. If couple that with them putting on paper the design and construction of their product tells me it's worth at least a consideration.
What about a vendor who is deceptive? Is that the kind of vendor you want on your forums?

I do not disagree with you giving them consideration if you like what you see and hear. I just wish everyone did the research. I, for one, would put my stock exhaust back on my car before I would install an ARK exhaust system on it.

Originally Posted by Mike
A mediocre rep will bash others.

A highly educated and trained rep will be able to give you pros and cons of your available options.
This.

They will not take their ball and go home when someone calls them out on a poorly constructed product, as ARK has done here and as they did in the thread posted below. Stillen, for example, endures much criticism on this forum, warranted or not, and they take it. They defend themselves and their product, as they should, and they move on.

They do not insolently turn and attack a competitor to take focus off themself. ARK closed this thread. Is there something they don't want everyone to see? Might it negatively affect their sales? Might they possibly lose a few dollars?

I have no doubt that they will use this forum to continue to feign superiority over all other exhausts out there, when, in fact, more than a handful of their customers have received products of the quality seen posted in that thread.

People should buy the products in which they believe from the vendors they trust. If that's ARK, then great. If it's not, great. I think all potential customers have a right to hear the praise from the supporters of the companies who pay to advertise their products on this forum, but they also have a right to hear the complaints and criticisms of those same products.

Just my $.02...

Quick Reply: ARK exhaust question - What are it's technical merits?