Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Takeda SRI for G37 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 07:39 PM
NightmareGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takeda SRI for G37 Sedan

After doing some searching on these forums and Driver, I have been unable to find many reviews or thoughts on the Takeda (AFE) SRI's for the G37 Sedan. I'm heavily considering getting them for my 2009 G37, along with a Fast Intentions Exhaust System and possibly some headers. I was basically wondering if y'all could share your thoughts on the Takeda Intake, as well as in general. Cold Air Intakes are out of the question for me considering the downpours that occur where I live. Also, would there be a better combination than the Takeda, F/I Exhaust, and headers (or suggested alternatives)? Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Rickblkg

From what I have been reading here intakes do not do much.... You're better off getting K&N filters maybe doing a ghetto intake ( cutting a hole in the box for more airflow) and getting the HPS tubes.... It will be a lot cheaper and probably work a lot better. This is just opinion and the route I maybe taking. Good luck with modding......
Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 PM
kool_yaar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
actually recent dynos for R2C, Stillen 3G, and takeda all have proven that there are gains to be had over the stock system ranging form 8-13whp.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Takeda Short Ram Air, any good??? - G35Driver

takeda intake for 08 G35 - G35Driver

Takeda (AFE) Short Ram Intake – First Impressions - G35Driver

Takeda Intake... - G35Driver

Takeda Intake - G35Driver

Takeda short ram intake or Fujita short ram?? - G35Driver

https://www.myg37.com/forums/modding...da-intake.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...am-intake.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...injen-sri.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...seen-this.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...am-review.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...-worth-it.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...2009-g37x.html
Old 08-15-2011, 03:15 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Rickblkg
From what I have been reading here intakes do not do much.... You're better off getting K&N filters maybe doing a ghetto intake ( cutting a hole in the box for more airflow) and getting the HPS tubes.... It will be a lot cheaper and probably work a lot better. This is just opinion and the route I maybe taking. Good luck with modding......

where you getting that info from? I was very impressed with the gains I could feel just from my stillens
Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Rickblkg

Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
where you getting that info from? I was very impressed with the gains I could feel just from my stillens
Did you read half of djfarhans links?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:00 PM
mikejg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the whole "butt dyno" is pretty subjective.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
1SMOKEYG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had the SRI takeda's and I liked them, but only b/c I got them for the sound...there is a little gain from them, particularly in the midrange rpm's, but not as much as the stillen or injen CAI's. My friend has the stillen and it kicks quite a bit more. Just depends on your goals. Be advised, intakes and exhaust and maybe an ECU tune makes small hp gains. If your goal is to really speed things up, the only real route is s/c or TT...I have converted my intake back to the HPS tubes and stock intake box w/ afe dry drop ins and it feels pretty good. only bad thing is I list that great growl from the taked SRI's. btw, other SRI's with heat shileds are a waste of money and time-without going into the entire spiel, an SRI is an SRI with or without the heat shields.

If you're interested, I'm selling my Takeda's really cheap (need to make room in my garage since I've hoarded every oem part from the last two cars/trucks that I've had). PM me if interested...

...hope this helped a little...
Old 08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SMOKEYG
I've had the SRI takeda's and I liked them, but only b/c I got them for the sound...there is a little gain from them, particularly in the midrange rpm's, but not as much as the stillen or injen CAI's. My friend has the stillen and it kicks quite a bit more. Just depends on your goals. Be advised, intakes and exhaust and maybe an ECU tune makes small hp gains. If your goal is to really speed things up, the only real route is s/c or TT...I have converted my intake back to the HPS tubes and stock intake box w/ afe dry drop ins and it feels pretty good. only bad thing is I list that great growl from the taked SRI's. btw, other SRI's with heat shileds are a waste of money and time-without going into the entire spiel, an SRI is an SRI with or without the heat shields.

If you're interested, I'm selling my Takeda's really cheap (need to make room in my garage since I've hoarded every oem part from the last two cars/trucks that I've had). PM me if interested...

...hope this helped a little...
I'm intregued to find out the quality of the takeda compared to stillen and r2c

Gen3 obviously has the downside of the INSTALL and oil intake for maintenance
and R2C is a shortram/warmair with dry filters.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

r2cs all the way baby!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:13 PM
1SMOKEYG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm no expert, but looking under the hood at the R2C's, the fit and quality are just as good as the Takedas. They have almost identical setups and designs except the R2C has the heat shield and the tube is black (I've never seen them in anything but black so I could be wrong).

After a lot of customizing and re-customizing my intake, talking to G owners/tuners at the car shows, and taking a real close look at the G's intake design, I'd have to say that the only way to make gains from this engine's intake is via long tube CAI's (stillen/injen/afe). From there, it will be a preference issue between the 3 and there won't be any shortage of opinions.

I searched this forum and found someone who only had to remove the grill (and not the bumper as some suggest) to install the Gen 3 Stillen...I assume that would be the same for all 3 mentioned above...I am debating, but as long as I have my "free" maintenance, I'm keeping the current setup I have w/ the HPS/stock box....

and for the gentleman above, drilling holes might be a little ghetto, but it helps!!! lmao...I just did it, coupled with drilling holes in the faux vents next to the fog lights (2011 G sedan)...and the best thing - you can't really tell unless you know what you're looking for...bottom line, it works...that's what this whole customizing/tuning/modding thing is all about...makes it fun...
Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 PM
NightmareGT

Thanks for all of the links buddy!

The feedback has been quite helpful and as of now I'm thinking of getting the Takeda SRI (I'll post pics if it goes through), but I was wondering: How exactly do the Takeda's compare to the R2C or is it really more of a personal preference considering the minimal gains? Also, I don't know how valid a quetion this is, but what would you guys consider the "high end" intake of the bunch (Fujita, Takeda, R2C, others)?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:13 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
you do not have to remove the bumper for the stillen gen3 intakes for install.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
^ you do however cut up your radiator support!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NightmareGT
Thanks for all of the links buddy!
please search next time