Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

R2C Before and After Dyno come Monday!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
R2C Before and After Dyno come Monday!

I figured since no one else has done it and I have the opportunity to do it I will do it. I recently picked up some R2C Black Nickel intakes and will be doing a Dyno of my 2011 G37 Sport Sedan on Monday at 7 pm, I will then do an ECU reset and drive through a few gears on the highway before doing a repull at 9 pm with the new intakes and a fresh ECU so that those that are interested in these intakes will have some idea of what gains to expect. I did install Berk HFC yesterday (7-18) But other than that my car is stock and with roughly 1500 miles on it. I will post some pics of the intakes installed before I run the Dyno and will also be doing a video of the before and after so that ppl may also hear the difference in tone.

I know there are other videos out there and Dynos of the intakes after, but no one has done a specific before and after that I could find. I hope this helps the community and sheds some more light on this brand. It wasn't a company I had heard of before a few weeks ago and wanted to purchase them as I learned more about them and the benefits of dry filters!

I realize it is slightly worthless to post this with the Dyno day being 6 days in advance, but I figured if anyone is on the fence within the next week or has been contemplating between the Stillen Gen 3s and the R2Cs this will help them in their buying decision. Stay tuned!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Abdiel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice, thanks for doing this.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:50 PM
BobOso

I'm in! Can't wait to see how it turns out. This is my next purchase.

Thanks for doing this.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Should be interesting. I also have the 2011 sedan with R2Cs and exhaust depot Y-Pipe.

Do you know what kind of dyno it will be on?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
Should be interesting. I also have the 2011 sedan with R2Cs and exhaust depot Y-Pipe.

Do you know what kind of dyno it will be on?
It will be on a Dynojet system Services - Modern Automotive Performance

They do a great job and this guy has been doing tuning for years. I ran my 05 coupe here and got good numbers. I'm just hoping that this heat and humidity is gone by next Monday or the results will be crap! I just have to make sure to reset my ECU after the installation of the R2C and get it on the highway to make sure the ECU is able to run its best on the dyno. I'm pretty excited myself, $65 bucks a dyno isn't too bad either
Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

I also want to let ppl know that I WILL be getting AFR numbers as well, I know this has also been a bit of speculation with these intakes among some other members. If I'm gonna do it, it's gonna be done right!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Abdiel

Hood up or down? All the dynos I've seen of SRIs have been done with hood up which doesn't seem correct in order to get closer to real world conditions.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Abdiel
Hood up or down? All the dynos I've seen of SRIs have been done with hood up which doesn't seem correct in order to get closer to real world conditions.
Most likely up, but I will talk with him and see, I will have pics and videos to follow.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 AM
ScuderiaFan

Subscribed. Cant wait to hear the difference with HFC. I wanted to put HFC on my 2010 Sedan but dont want rasp and drone but I have tanabe axle-back.

Do you like the sound with HFC and stock exhaust?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by ScuderiaFan
Subscribed. Cant wait to hear the difference with HFC. I wanted to put HFC on my 2010 Sedan but dont want rasp and drone but I have tanabe axle-back.

Honestly I didn't get a chance to really hear it! It was super hot out and I didn't wanna be beating on it with the increased heat, 90 and heat indices in the 110/115 range in MN of all places :$ It sounded a bit raspy but I'm sure it is in part due to the exhaust already being raspy and some of that prolly falls on the stock intakes. I will try to get a vid of it outside BEFORE the intakes go on.

(I had to drive my car up to get the front bumper re sprayed since it was attacked by a tech or someone in Chicago before delivery with a buffer and it was NASTY!) But with that being said even with the increased heat I noticed even in 6th gear going 65/70 it took a lot less effort to hit 80 on the highway or even up hills. I kinda wish I coulda done a stock pull and then done the Berks to see where it put me at for power, but it just wouldn't have worked out with my schedule.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Nice writeup Mike!

Originally Posted by ScuderiaFan

We'll have 2 video cameras going for a 2011 sedan(Alpha Ice), 2008 sedan, and my 08 coupe.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:36 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Nice writeup Mike!

We'll have 2 video cameras going for a 2011 sedan(Alpha Ice), 2008 sedan, and my 08 coupe.
Man makes me really wish I could make it. Guess I ll just have to settle for video.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Nice writeup Mike!

Heh, I remember when I did my coupe and I kept killing my video camera cuz of the loudness of my exhaust....**** was terrible in that little room. Let alone out on an open road somewhere....or even inside the cabin
Old 07-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Brooklynstar23

I LOVE the sound of my R2C!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Brooklynstar23
I LOVE the sound of my R2C!
Yea I've heard some great things about them. What really got me intrigued was the graph that showed the gains over the Gen 3 under the curve....8 hp is pretty significant at 4500 rpms!

Quick Reply: R2C Before and After Dyno come Monday!