Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

My Journey down to ARK (X Coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 PM
TimG37x
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Journey down to ARK (X Coupe)

So on the 13th I drove from the Bay area down to SoCal (Montclair) about 450 miles to allow ARK to use my X Coupe to get the measurements for the AWD coupes. I stopped in quickly that day just to introduce myself and check out the shop.
The next morning I dropped my car off to ARK, grabbed a rental, and went to stay at my friends house in Rancho Cucamonga. On the 15th I stopped back in to check out the progress. Let me just say, Alex and the rest of the ARK crew are very meticulous and down right perfectionists. I felt bad for their welder for having to make so many adjustments for getting the prototype PERFECT! Once they had everything lined up how they wanted it, they fired my baby up. Needless to say I had to go change my drawers. If the boner police was there, I would've demanded a lawyer! I must say this is definitely the MOST sexiest sounding exhausts I have ever heard! If you ask Alex, I had the biggest smile on my face when they fired her up. I took some pictures but Alex threatened my life if I posted them (Kidding).
My whole experience with ARK right now couldn't have gone any better. Communication with them was a breeze whether that be calling them, PMs, or facebook posts. These guys are real professionals with a damn good product. I highly recommend getting this exhaust for any variation of the G.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
good to hear! post up some sound clips if possible!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Samurai

Originally Posted by TimG37x
So on the 13th I drove from the Bay area down to SoCal (Montclair) about 450 miles to allow ARK to use my X Coupe to get the measurements for the AWD coupes. I stopped in quickly that day just to introduce myself and check out the shop.
The next morning I dropped my car off to ARK, grabbed a rental, and went to stay at my friends house in Rancho Cucamonga. On the 15th I stopped back in to check out the progress. Let me just say, Alex and the rest of the ARK crew are very meticulous and down right perfectionists. I felt bad for their welder for having to make so many adjustments for getting the prototype PERFECT! Once they had everything lined up how they wanted it, they fired my baby up. Needless to say I had to go change my drawers. If the boner police was there, I would've demanded a lawyer! I must say this is definitely the MOST sexiest sounding exhausts I have ever heard! If you ask Alex, I had the biggest smile on my face when they fired her up. I took some pictures but Alex threatened my life if I posted them (Kidding).
My whole experience with ARK right now couldn't have gone any better. Communication with them was a breeze whether that be calling them, PMs, or facebook posts. These guys are real professionals with a damn good product. I highly recommend getting this exhaust for any variation of the G.

This is great news! Thanks Tim for helping a bunch of X owners out! Wanna PM me pics? lol
Old 07-19-2011, 12:15 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for coming down TIM. I hope you had a safe drive back home. Pics will be up once the 2nd prototype get in.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:50 PM
AllentownG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Tim,

Thanks for taking one for the team for the rest of us X Coupe guys. Glad to hear that I may have yet another choice for exhaust in the future for my G. Appreciate it man.

-Gene
Old 07-19-2011, 05:44 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

No seriously. This guy drove down from SF, a good 5 hour drive to help ARK and all the AWD coupe guys out.

Thanks again Tim

Alex
Old 07-19-2011, 05:54 PM
TimG37x
Banned

No problem Alex! Well worth it. I had fun. You should show them a teaser pic. =P

P.S it was 6+ hours. =)
Old 07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Here is one.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 PM
TimG37x
Banned

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
Here is one.
Ahhhh. She is so pretty. =)
Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Samurai

Originally Posted by arkperformance
here is one.
:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:
Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 AM
dednock

any news on the exhaust for the verts?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

We need our Tester to confirm an appointment date . No many around. Plus we rather have a tester that is active in this forum.

team ARK
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 PM
zoop425

you guys should make "ART pipe" like test pipes with the same design as your mufflers for sedans and coupes and make them work for the x as well (motordyne doesnt want to) I would buy a pair and im sure 100000 other people would too.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:57 AM
highwind

+1 for that!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 AM
dednock

I thought BeerMagazine offered his car and actually came to your shop. Nothing came about with that? Do you guys still have his contact info?

Quick Reply: My Journey down to ARK (X Coupe)