Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Best intake for G37s 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 04:57 PM
G-Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best intake for G37s 6MT

What is the safest/best intake for my 2008 g37s coupe.. it is my everyday driver. I am going to do intake, headers and exhaust. I dont want to have to worry about hydro lock.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i dont know why everyone worries about hydrolock. The only intake people have experienced that with in the injen (that ive read on the forum). Get whichever you like more. Stillen/takeda cai/injen make the most power. and any short ram is easier to instal and louder! dont worry about hydro lock. unless you drive under waterfalls on a normal basis
Old 06-14-2011, 05:18 PM
G-Thing

I hear ya, i had a AEM cold air on my civic that was practically on the ground and never had a problem. I am stuck between the Injen Gen 3 long tube and the Takeda attack cold air they both say 17-20hp gains... Injen has 2 filters, Takeda has a shared one! at this point is it just preference?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:40 PM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just installed my injen cai few hours ago.. all I can say.. WOW! at wide open throttle, it has that mean deep slutty growl.

love it, hate it, enjoy.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:59 PM
4drScreamer

Cost will be the biggest difference. Takada's are less then Stillen but are newer. They are gaining popularity though and there are some dyno runs to show they are nearly equal to Stillen in HP gains. Stillen may cause some radiator support grinding for install although that isn't always the case. Takada's central single filter fits right behind the Mt. Fuji emblem on the front grille and gets great air flow. Stillen's sit there also so flow is similar. Neither one will have much problem with water intake unless going through huge puddles or freaking torrential downpours that cause your whole front end to gasp for air. I've definitely never had any issues.

There are a lot of different opinions and preferences as to CAI, exhaust, hfc, x-pipe combos. The thing is there are always new options coming into play also. For instance Berk just came out with a new cat back exhaust that is becoming very popular. They are a well know but very small company that specializes in these exhaust systems. Their work is top notch and the quality of their product can't be argued. Others prefer Fast Intentions or Ark or Invidia Gemini. I suggest you determine your budget and review a bunch of other threads about the same subject and listen to some videos. They will help you get an idea of what the different sounds will be. They all sound different especially when combined with other components.

You asked a very broad question, so unfortunately you are getting a very broad response. Good luck with your search though. For what it's worth, I am extremely happy with my setup and feel that the Stillen combination was designed and tested together so they match superbly.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
r2cs! ;-D
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Abdiel

Keep the stock intake and get Motordyne M370 intake manifold.