Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Berk hfc review!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Soliditude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the great review, SRG. The comparison vids were especially helpful! I, like you, absolutely love what they do with the stock exhaust. Sounds fantastic.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:50 AM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It sound amazing with HFC and stock. Now i need to heard HFC and ARK exhaust. Anyone has a video? i'm thinking whether i should just get the HFC like OP and keep the stock exhaust or go all the way HFC and ARK exhaust. Which one will give me more performance boost?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by G37SBS
It sound amazing with HFC and stock. Now i need to heard HFC and ARK exhaust. Anyone has a video? i'm thinking whether i should just get the HFC like OP and keep the stock exhaust or go all the way HFC and ARK exhaust. Which one will give me more performance boost?
Just go with the ARK, bro. The HFC's will make you loose torque at low-end RPM's. Besides, the ARK sounds perfect on its own. And if you're looking for a daily/regular driving performance boost, the HFC's won't do much but sound. Unless, that is, you're wanting more power at higher RPM's. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:10 AM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 for more vids. As it stands it has too much rasp in my opinion, but I'm sure it'll sound better after a few miles.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:25 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Solidtude it's the other way around. Lol your cats are the most restrictive part of your exhaust system.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Solidtude it's the other way around. Lol your cats are the most restrictive part of your exhaust system.
Might be most restrictive (although Y pipe is not great) but it's proven you do lose low end to gain high end.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:13 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
That does sound mean!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Not any raspier than stock. Just Amplified! No other hi-flow cat will be less raspier. Can't go wrong with Berks if you want to retain the famous G tone! And if you want a new cat-back exhaust to go with it that retains the g note would be the FI exhaust. Tanabee will change the tone completely.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
^^Not any raspier than stock. Just Amplified! No other hi-flow cat will be less raspier. Can't go wrong with Berks if you want to retain the famous G tone! And if you want a new cat-back exhaust to go with it that retains the g note would be the FI exhaust. Tanabee will change the tone completely.

+1 Yes! I still hear the lovely, natural G sound through my exhaust. Only it sounds grown-up and a lot tougher.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks guys... Here's another video I took... It does sound raspy but when driving it really doesn't sound like that. I'll actually take a video with the camera recording the exhaust while I'm driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXP4K...e_gdata_player
Old 06-05-2011, 11:05 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Xcalibur, not sure what you're listening to but there is definately an added rasp w/ the HFC's. I will agree though that it is more amplified and sounds great for the most part.

SRG, instead of taking a video from inside the car, I think it would be best if you can have someone take a vid outside the car as you go by WOT? In my opinion, it's pointless to capture the sound inside because your "audience" is outside your car who will be listening to it.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by SRG
Thanks guys... Here's another video I took... It does sound raspy but when driving it really doesn't sound like that. I'll actually take a video with the camera recording the exhaust while I'm driving.

YouTube - ‪Infiniti g37s w/ Berk HFC‬‏
Raspy or not raspy, that sounds amazing! I like it a lot.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
ChrisBLKG

Sounds good to me.. stock has a rasp too.. can't wait to get mines installed on my sedan!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:22 AM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I told you.. you'll like em! Congrats buddy.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 AM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G37SBS
Originally Posted by Soliditude
Just go with the ARK, bro. The HFC's will make you loose torque at low-end RPM's. Besides, the ARK sounds perfect on its own. And if you're looking for a daily/regular driving performance boost, the HFC's won't do much but sound. Unless, that is, you're wanting more power at higher RPM's. Just my 2 cents.
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
so which one is the correct answer???

HFC + Stock Exhaust

or

HFC + ARK

Which one will give me more performance boost after RevUP?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Berk hfc review!