Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Loss power w/intake/hfc/exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 02:33 PM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryan Urrea
Sup guys,
My old set up with Silicon tubes with KN filters, headers, test pipes, y pipe, muff delete and oil cooler. WHP on dyno was 338
Installed 3 inch long tube intakes, my G37 coupe s 09 with 120,xxx needed a tune so I went right after. WHP on dyno was 329.
9WHP loss. The place I took it told me that possibly the silicon tube is a bit bent from the radiator part and recommended I re-check it. I did and it was a bit bent (literally a little bent). planning on retuning next week.
Honestly, my G does not feel the same power wise. I am hoping that my HKS exhaust and fixing my intakes changes the results and I notice gains.
You could have created a new thread with this concern.

Is this the same car? What were the conditions of the 1st dyno and the re-dyno with the intake? What intake are you running?

The stock intake is good on this car however I don't see how you can lose power with a true cold air and a proper tune.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:16 PM
Bryan Urrea
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RobC7
You could have created a new thread with this concern.

Is this the same car? What were the conditions of the 1st dyno and the re-dyno with the intake? What intake are you running?

The stock intake is good on this car however I don't see how you can lose power with a true cold air and a proper tune.
Hey Rob, yes I could have but I am just giving my input on my results.
Nov 18th 2020 was my first dyno and conditions were around 60 - 65 temps.
I had z1 silicon tubes with KN filters, so basically stock intakes with better filters.
Got the new z1 3 inch cold air intakes. Re dyno'd (Aug 7th 2021) at the same place with temps being at around 72.
Me and the dyno tech both agreed the temps would not cause this kind of loss. initially I got 324WHP but after loosening the intakes and allowing more flow because of the pinch from the radiator section, it went up to 329. I went back home and redid everything and can say 100% that the intakes were barley bent or pinched from the silicon part touching the radiator section were I made the hole. Now there free and I will see what happens next week when I retune. But the car does not feel as fast. Very shocked because the money I spent on these intakes.

If you have any ideas LMK so I can check or do it before re-dynoing
Old 08-13-2021, 06:20 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Bringing a 10 year old thread back form the dead brother..../closed