Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Generic Test Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:04 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
another reason why i dont live in calif.. to many damn laws!!!

Originally Posted by ShyAznB8oi
TAKING OUT TEST PIPES.
A FEMALE COP HEARD ME COMING DOWN THE STREET PULLED ME OVER AND GAVE ME A TICKET FOR NO PROOF OF INSURANCE(i couldn't find it, so I just gave her my old one..)
she did not cite me for my loud "exhaust" YAY! I was panicing when I could smell the flowage.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckie311
another reason why i dont live in calif.. to many damn laws!!!
Don’t be so glad. No test pipes and having proof of insurance are the law in Nevada too.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Haha why do you keep trying to run everyone's lives? It's their money to buy test pipes. It's their choice to put them on. It's their choice to break the law. Nothing you really preach is going to stop people from modding. Don't get it.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
Screws ? - they are bolts.
WD-40 - doesn't work to penetrate. Use PB Blaster.
3/8 drive - 1/2 drive would have made things much easier on you.

..don't mean to sound like a d***, but calling bolts screws sounds retarded & the others may have saved you some time.

How are you running without 02 sensors? The picture shows bungs for 02s. Do have plugs in there?

Anyway, congrats on getting it done. How's it sound and feel?
Hex head screws. Bolts. Close enough...

Good luck getting a half inch drive 14mm socket on. 3/8" is correct at least for the drivers side top bolt.

OP. You are removing them because it is too loud? What did you expect compared to what you got?
Old 04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Also. You didn't mention anything about the top bolts. Did you get them with a regular socket from the top or what?
Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 PM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by breftayka
Also. You didn't mention anything about the top bolts. Did you get them with a regular socket from the top or what?
I removed the air intake hoses and used a 4' extension and a 1/2" ratchet to remove it. I broke two of the bolts on top, I was expecting that to happen.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:50 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
DUH im not talking about those..
im talkin about getting pulled over for a loud exhaust..

Originally Posted by Chekov
Don’t be so glad. No test pipes and having proof of insurance are the law in Nevada too.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by breftayka
Hex head screws. Bolts. Close enough...

Good luck getting a half inch drive 14mm socket on. 3/8" is correct at least for the drivers side top bolt.

OP. You are removing them because it is too loud? What did you expect compared to what you got?

??? I said nothing about the exact socket sizes for specific bolts. I was pointing out that 1/2" drive would have made things easier compared to 3/8" drive. ??
Old 04-18-2011, 03:15 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This thread is so retarded. I just lost brain cells reading it.

Thanks for your DIY OP.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Haha why do you keep trying to run everyone's lives? It's their money to buy test pipes. It's their choice to put them on. It's their choice to break the law. Nothing you really preach is going to stop people from modding. Don't get it.
If you think posting my personal opinions is trying to run everyone’s lives, then I apparently have more power over others than I could ever imagine. Thanks for that. As for installing illegal mods, of course it’s their choice. You state the obvious, indicating I may have struck a nerve. Maybe it’s that power you think I have. Perhaps I should run for governor.

But on a more serious side, this forum already disallows threads on street racing and nav hacking because they are considered harmful to the public good. I’m just wondering that with all the foul air we older folks have to breath, often hastening our eventual demise, that a ban on test pipe threads like this one may be appropriate too.

Of course, there may be those who would consider that a good thing.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Test pipes for everyone!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:26 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ TP's are not illeagal everwhere so it should be allowed to be talked about. I think we all get tired of the global warming myth and the greens.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:40 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Yes. Sick as hell of global warming "news" test pipes are not illegal everywhere, correct. Some people take their Gs to the track, where they are legal. If you have a problem with catless cars, why don't you consider ban any form of motorsports, since they run with catless, and run much dirtier than street cars. Make no sense.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

My original statement that test pipes are illegal in every (U.S.) state for street use is still true.

Now I understand that they’re legal for track use, but that’s really a red herring. I never heard of anyone taking their daily driver G37 to the track, removing their catalytic converter there, installing a test pipe in its place, and after the day’s events, putting the cat back for a legal drive home. Even the OP’s instructions in this thread makes such an endeavor impractical at best.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Of course they can't. If they haves tune the car is tuned for test pipes. My point was that if you want to complain about pollution, ban motorsports then. The ratio to street cars running catless to race cars running catless is so incredibly small.

Quick Reply: Review Generic Test Pipes