Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Looking for an intake!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:05 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
Just throwing some info in here, opinons are opinons.. and that's up to you.. that's why there is the choice you have to consider..

- There is no bypass on the Injen's, and we also sell them, not a knock on them, but they do hang very low to the ground, and have potential for access to water (you can do the research on potential outcomes). You would need to alter the setup to add a bypass valve.

- Dyno results will speak for themselves on the kits, check the threads, both provide gains, certain short ram versions do not.. and the proven max HP gains are evident.

- A/F changes are not prevalent amongst both Injen and STILLEN intakes, until you get to the aspect of adding multiple products on top of themselves, such as intakes, headers, HFCs or test pipes, and exhaust. The combination of those 4 parts and the STILLEN Gen 3's will require a tune. Short of that the ECU is able to compensate, not that you couldn't squeeze more HP out of a tuned setup.

- I realize the placement of the STILLEN Gen 3 filters behind the grille seem scary in the aspect of water hitting them, but the kit provides for a urethane splash shield, and as you mentioned require submersion under throttle to get in the position of a hydrolock, and despite the numbers of Gen 3's sold, not a single instance of that has occurred, including with the car washes, hose hitting the filters, or anything else understandably conceived to be a problem. Including customers driving in blinding rain storms and a couple blizzards.. lol

I hope that helps..
I stand corrected!