Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

ATTENTION ALL INJEN CAI owners!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 12:24 AM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ATTENTION ALL INJEN CAI owners!!!!

To all Injen CAI owners, please let me know if you are having any problems driving your car in the rain (car jerks,goes into limp mode, loss of power) and please note that Injen CAI can cause the MAF sensor to to malfunction which has happened CEELOSG37S and myself.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:32 AM
SkylineV36

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude, I live in Vancouver, BC which is under rain 70% of the time....and I have had ZERO issues....
Old 12-07-2010, 12:32 AM
ray125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm...maybe you are sucking up water through your intake??
Old 12-07-2010, 12:39 AM
kosstick

Originally Posted by SkylineV36
Dude, I live in Vancouver, BC which is under rain 70% of the time....and I have had ZERO issues....
Didn't say it is happening to everyone. Me and another member have the injen cai and the only thing we have in common is that we have a g37 (mine and 10 and his an 08), we both have injen cai and the same company installed ours.

he was problem free for a year (about 12k miles) and I was problem free for about 5 months (7k) miles.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:41 AM
kosstick

Originally Posted by ray125
Hmm...maybe you are sucking up water through your intake??
We never went through any puddles, like clockwork every time it rains (within the past 2 months) our cars have problems. We both park our cars in the open and I believe that the moisture from the ground rises and goes into the intake while we are parked and causes the malfunction with the sensor.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:42 AM
kosstick

Is your car garaged or is it parked under the rain?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
what type of air filter are you using? alos are you using a bypass valve?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 AM
kosstick

Originally Posted by da mayor
what type of air filter are you using? alos are you using a bypass valve?
Injen? No I am not using a bypass valve but I am not going through puddles of water..
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 AM
SkylineV36

Originally Posted by kosstick
Is your car garaged or is it parked under the rain?
Car is parked outside and i have used the oiled filters for the past two years and just switched to the dry filters a couple of months ago and we are in the peak of our rainy season now. I don't use a bypass valve either.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:41 AM
kosstick

Car is parked outside and i have used the oiled filters for the past two years and just switched to the dry filters a couple of months ago and we are in the peak of our rainy season now. I don't use a bypass valve either.
Any benefits between oiled filters and dry filters? My car was fine during the strong rains till recently. Ceelo spoke with LOU at amplified and he said that the moisture that the Injen intake picks up will corrode the sensor over time.. Not sure why this wasn't disclosed when purchasing the intake but I am just trying to get to the bottom of this.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 AM
SkylineV36

Originally Posted by kosstick
Any benefits between oiled filters and dry filters? My car was fine during the strong rains till recently. Ceelo spoke with LOU at amplified and he said that the moisture that the Injen intake picks up will corrode the sensor over time.. Not sure why this wasn't disclosed when purchasing the intake but I am just trying to get to the bottom of this.
It feels like the dry filters pulls harder at the top end based on my butt dyno, but it could be my imagination....i will have to check the MAF sensors to see if there is any sign of corrosion, but it hasn't missed a beat since I put them on almost three years ago now so I don't think I'm affected, knock on wood!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:58 AM
kosstick

It feels like the dry filters pulls harder at the top end based on my butt dyno, but it could be my imagination....i will have to check the MAF sensors to see if there is any sign of corrosion, but it hasn't missed a beat since I put them on almost three years ago now so I don't think I'm affected, knock on wood!
I am thinking the oiled filter allowed less moisture threw is that a safe assumption?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 AM
AvosG37

try buy hydro shields to protect the filters.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:14 AM
pharmade

I installed mine with the HydroShields. So far no problems and it pulls like a *****. I love my Injen CAI. It also looks real nice under the bonnet.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:23 AM
1SiCkG
Banned

Hydroshield mtw can't love without them because the injens are soo low they suck up water either way but with hydroshields it's way less wanna see drive for a hour in da rain park in a garage take off ur filter n feel it...it'll be soaked but when you look in it it shouldn't leak through...personally tested...also wet filters are better then dry and last longer get at me for more detailsnif u want

Quick Reply: ATTENTION ALL INJEN CAI owners!!!!