Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Invidia....I'm confused

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 PM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Invidia....I'm confused

What's the difference between the Q300 and Gemini systems? Is one for the coupe and one for the sedan? Is one an old design and one a new? Better feedback out there on the Gemini vs. the Q300 and if these are two options for the same application I'd like to know before ordering anything.....

Can someone clear this up for me?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The Q300 was the first exhaust from Invidia made available for the G37. While the exhaust had a clean sound, many owners complained about a somewhat raspy note to it. Invidia went back to the drawing board and released the Gemini which has much a much cleaner and improved sound and I believe they noted a slight performance improvement over the Q300. While not much because it's just an exhaust, it was something.

Definitely go with the Gemini over the Q300.

I have the Gemini and love it!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:00 PM
MOB

^^^ok, that response sounds like an informed one. Appreciate the clarity. I just can't justify going Ark, FI, Borla, or whatever other catback even if it is just a few hundred extra bucks more....& some are a bit too noisy. And I also have a hard time dropping the cost for just great mufflers, ahem, Tanabe for instance. AND, trying to create something unique and endin up with something I don't like worries me. The invidia just seems to suit me from what I've researched. Problem is I've only heard it on G35's. Anyone got a sound clip on the G37 SEDAN?

Thanks for the post Blackjack
Old 10-20-2010, 09:09 PM
MOB

An yeh good grief I've seaarched like crazy and find everything but a g37 sedan. I think I came across one and it was a crappy video with equally bad audio.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

The Gemini may not be available for the sedan yet. I can't say I've seen anyone with it on a Sedan.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:26 PM
MOB

Ok another question....I think I read somewhere on another thread, that they redesigned the x-pipe. And that re-design applied to the sedan offering but it was still referred to as the Q300? Possible that the new X addressed that issue you mentioned?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Could be. Possibly some Sedan guys or old Q300 owners can chime in.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 PM
PictureMeRolin

I had a Magnaflow and the sound was deep and mean, but it was a little raspy when you got on it. I now have the invidia gemini and the rasp is gone but it sounds more ricey. Overall I'm very happy with the Gemini system though.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
The Gemini may not be available for the sedan yet. I can't say I've seen anyone with it on a Sedan.
The Gemini has been available for the sedan for some time now. G35 Robby was the first to get it from Lou

Differences: better x pipe and the first section has dual resonators
Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 PM
MOB

Originally Posted by san~man
The Gemini has been available for the sedan for some time now. G35 Robby was the first to get it from Lou

but do the G35 and G37 take the same system?....or has G35 Robby upgraded to the 37?

ok, so just to make sure...there is a "Gemini" for the sedan & that's the better system....BUT there is also the Q300? And the difference is the updated X-pipe and dual resonators on the Gemini?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:48 AM
MOB

ok so I found what just may be G35 Robby's ride...vid clip posted by Amplified. Sounds really good to me.....however, there is a post to this video by G35 Robby that says "Yes, this is the Invidia Q300 Gemini exhaust". It's both....what? Are they one and the same...but with the Q300 being the old design and the Gemini being the new design?

YouTube - new INVIDIA gemini exhaust for g35 sedan by AMPLIFIED MOTORSPORT
Old 10-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by san~man

Originally Posted by MOB
ok so I found what just may be G35 Robby's ride...vid clip posted by Amplified. Sounds really good to me.....however, there is a post to this video by G35 Robby that says "Yes, this is the Invidia Q300 Gemini exhaust". It's both....what? Are they one and the same...but with the Q300 being the old design and the Gemini being the new design?

YouTube - new INVIDIA gemini exhaust for g35 sedan by AMPLIFIED MOTORSPORT
Interesting find MOB... Give Lou@Amplified a call. He can tell you on the spot if the true Gemini will work on a sedan or better yet, call Invidia.

The vid definitely shows the Q300. Q300 and Gemini don't belong in the same sentence. It can't be both.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Robby started with the q300, then "upgraded" to the xpipe and resonated pipe. He also did get the parts from Lou
Old 10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Viper62382

HKS hands down. I just got mine brand new from THM and its perfect
Old 10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
MOB

Ok guess calling Lou is the route to go. This stuff can be so confusing sometimes with upgrades, new product designs, various system versions, etc... Just want to make sure cuz if I do pull the trigger....I only want to pull it once and be done with it. Thanks for the feedback gang.

Quick Reply: Invidia....I'm confused